The goal of the balance.

DanAlcedo.3281

It seems the Goal of the Wvw Balance is to make everything so bad that even the worst builds suddenly appear useful. 

Which, to be fair, seems to work but has one flaw. 

It doesn't add anything to the game. 

EoD didn't add anything other then Spector. So the only builds that are now playable are builds 4y old or older. Solved builds. 

It's like breaking a kids only good toys so that the toys at the bottom of the toy box, that haven't seen the light of day for years, now look better in comparison. 

How often do i load up the Build Calc, see that I can select 36 Icons, only to question what is even fun/playable anymore? 

Why is my only thought about what gets nuked next? 

I'm bored and tired of this crap. 

Now we wait 3 months. For what? More nerfs? Knowing that the next patch after will probably 8 months after that one? 

I love this game but man oh man you make it harder and harder each patch. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It seems the Goal of the Wvw Balance is to make everything so bad that even the worst builds suddenly appear useful. 

Which, to be fair, seems to work but has one flaw. 

It doesn't add anything to the game. 

EoD didn't add anything other then Spector. So the only builds that are now playable are builds 4y old or older. Solved builds. 

It's like breaking a kids only good toys so that the toys at the bottom of the toy box, that haven't seen the light of day for years, now look better in comparison. 

How often do i load up the Build Calc, see that I can select 36 Icons, only to question what is even fun/playable anymore? 

Why is my only thought about what gets nuked next? 

I'm bored and tired of this crap. 

Now we wait 3 months. For what? More nerfs? Knowing that the next patch after will probably 8 months after that one? 

I love this game but man oh man you make it harder and harder each patch. 

Nah bro. Next they will buff Counterblows damage by adding a whole 0.2 extra scaling, and then add 1 more stack of might and vulnerability onto crushing blow baseline, reduce Tremor's CD to 18s and then pat themselves on the back on a job well done thinking that Warrior mace/mace is now viable.

But then they'll increase Battle Standard's CD to 300s.

• Like 5

The WoD nerf is shocking.

It was the only thing warrior brought to the zerg. 

It was the namesake of Spellbreaker -- they break spells. DUH.
I hate having to putter around on SB mindlessly stunning enemies while waiting for my bubble to come off cooldown but at least I had something that only I could do, something that made the enemies run like cockroaches. Something that the commander actually called for.
Every class should have something the zerg needs, something unique and a bit OP. 

What does warrior have now???

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

The WoD nerf is shocking.

It was the only thing warrior brought to the zerg. 

It was the namesake of Spellbreaker -- they break spells. DUH.
I hate having to putter around on SB mindlessly stunning enemies while waiting for my bubble to come off cooldown but at least I had something that only I could do, something that made the enemies run like cockroaches. Something that the commander actually called for.
Every class should have something the zerg needs, something unique and a bit OP. 

What does warrior have now???

That’s why Anets message about “diversity” last month is nonsense because they don’t understand what diversity is. Rather they believe they can attain it through “balance” and “standardization” but all “balancing” and “standardizing” does is dilute uniqueness and homogenize the game which is the complete opposite of diversity.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

That’s why Anets message about “diversity” last month is nonsense because they don’t understand what diversity is. Rather they believe they can attain it through “balance” and “standardization” but all “balancing” and “standardizing” does is dilute uniqueness and homogenize the game which is the complete opposite of diversity.

If I wanted to play FF14 I'd go play it.

45 minutes ago, Coldtart.4785 said:

When did everyone start loving the bubble? That skill was half the reason we had the absolutely abhorrent condi pirate ship meta in early pof. Now that it's gone everyone acts like it was the most well designed skill in the entire game.

Wtf you been living under a rock?

Pof came out over 4 years ago, condi pirateship hasn't been a thing for like 4 years and that was because of scourge.

Wtf.

11 hours ago, Mixes.7164 said:

People who think warrior is dead pepelaugh

Warrior isn't dead, but at the same time can't role compress enough to justify a spot in the zerg Some form of DPS SpB can work with banner ideally, while the Tactics variants remain with the bubble for defensive instances. The fact that a Stand Your Ground can now be popped inside a bubble and potentially be upkept for 66% of it's initial duration speaks leagues on how bubblescan now not work offensively and that Wells + Immob + Grav Well/hundreclap will be the main dmg spike outside of range spike now, since corrupts have been buffed to have less of a chance of buffing the enemy due to PoP nerfs.

Ultimately, warrior is left with that and the good old Burstzerker buildwhich requires some heavy lifting to sustain well through fights, let alone use the banner well, as selfish dps warriors are not sought after with no battle standard. 

I too am happy to only play 1 and a half builds in zergs now, you are right! 

• Like 1

Just now, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Warrior isn't dead, but at the same time can't role compress enough to justify a spot in the zerg Some form of DPS SpB can work with banner ideally, while the Tactics variants remain with the bubble for defensive instances. The fact that a Stand Your Ground can now be popped inside a bubble and potentially be upkept for 66% of it's initial duration speaks leagues on how bubblescan now not work offensively and that Wells + Immob + Grav Well/hundreclap will be the main dmg spike outside of range spike now, since corrupts have been buffed to have less of a chance of buffing the enemy due to PoP nerfs.

Ultimately, warrior is left with that and the good old Burstzerker buildwhich requires some heavy lifting to sustain well through fights, let alone use the banner well, as selfish dps warriors are not sought after with no battle standard. 

I too am happy to only play 1 and a half builds in zergs now, you are right! 

Pepelaugh he doesn't know