Why are basic group features locked behind a 300g + forced WvW participation purchase?

On 4/4/2022 at 2:52 AM, Shiyo.3578 said:

It's important for any player. You don't need to pay money for basic ready check/player movement/party organization/ground markers in any other game.

For a self-proclaimed "Casual MMO", this game is very uninviting to new players.

Huh? I have the tag.

No other MMO on the planet gatekeeps basic grouping features. They're also not self-proclaimed as a "Casual MMO" like this game, constantly does.

Leading is not for first timers, and you learn to lead by joining other comms first, for many times. By that time you hopefully have enough money to buy comm tag.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Yeah I don’t consider leading a group of fifty people a “new player inviting feature” unless you want them to get berated until they uninstall for not fully understanding what they got involved in. Fact is if you don’t have 300g or done any wvw then you haven’t “earned” the right to lead. And the last thing I personally want to see if 50 commander tags in one map just buzzing around. New players are not joining the game to lead and those who do understand that leadership requires knowledge and with knowledge everything else falls into place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

New players do NOT need commanders tag. If you are at a place where you think you need a commander tag, you aren't a new player, hence this isn't really a problem.

This is like complaining that raids ain't inviting for new players. I play since day one and I still don't raid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2