Hackers and Bots

Nalla.6581

Dear Arenanet some players has been using Exploits and other modifications,hacks,bots and other things from a hacking website so then they use bots to get around killing people so far if you kill one of there bots more of them show up in groups of twos or threes or fives at the same time they bot and then when you about to kill them they use a second bot to get more to kill in t1 we have a strong botting problems and hacker problems to can you turn on that program that instant banned those people due to its going to kill wvw to fight only bots and lazy pvpers who flee,  and by the time when alliances come out people would void wvw can you guys add a system that blocks anybody who is hacking from returning to wvw?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think there is a program for banning them actually xD.

We are reporting the same bot for 8 Years now and he is still around. If the problem is really this dramatic as you make it sound like, maybe a ingamemoderator will manually come and ban them.

Saying which server you are and which servers you are facing atm might help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I dont think there is a program for banning them actually xD.

We are reporting the same bot for 8 Years now and he is still around. If the problem is really this dramatic as you make it sound like, maybe a ingamemoderator will manually come and ban them.

Saying which server you are and which servers you are facing atm might help.

It's probably NA T1 and the most obvious culprit.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nalla.6581 said:

they use bots to get around killing people so far if you kill one of there bots more of them show up in groups of twos or threes or fives at the same time they bot and then when you about to kill them they use a second bot to get more to kill in t1

4 hours ago, Nalla.6581 said:

its going to kill wvw to fight only bots and lazy pvpers who flee

It sounds like: If you can not kill them they have to be bots (if they kill you) or lazy pvpers (if they disengage).

How do you know, they are bots and not just a bunch of stealthed players who are ganking players?

On 4/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, Zok.4956 said:

How do you know, they are bots and not just a bunch of stealthed players who are ganking players?

most of the time you will notice a bot straight away. They move very mechanicaly. They always turn in very sharp corners. They just snap a certain 90Degree when they try to turn. Bot walks -> SNAP *turns 90Degree*-> walks  -> SNAP *Turns 90Degree*.

It is pretty obvious.

Also someone multiboxing is pretty obvious aswell.   Imagine for example 3 supporttempest that walk in the exact same spot and do all the actions perfectly in sync.

I have seen both examples numerous times.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

... They move very mechanically. They always turn in very sharp corners. They just snap a certain 90Degree when they try to turn. Bot walks -> SNAP *turns 90Degree*-> walks  -> SNAP *Turns 90Degree*.

Strange, you can do that snap turn 90, 120, 180 degrees by turning the camera, then clicking both mouse buttons to turn your character to move in the direction the camera is facing.  As such, this may not be completely indicative of a bot.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

Also someone multi-boxing is pretty obvious as well.   Imagine for example 3 support tempest that walk in the exact same spot and do all the actions perfectly in sync.

Now, this brings back memories of all the ranger packs running around naked when GW2 first started out.

13 hours ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Strange, you can do that snap turn 90, 120, 180 degrees by turning the camera, then clicking both mouse buttons to turn your character to move in the direction the camera is facing.  As such, this may not be completely indicative of a bot

if you see the same dude, with the same build, doing the same mechanic like movements for YEARS.... you can be pretty sure it is a bot. If there is not a SINGLE smooth movement for years... im pretty sure. ^_^

Edited by Sahne.6950

Do PVP bots really still exist ? I remember the epidemy of MM++n based bots, but since Janurary this project is down and personally I do not see any bots around. As described above 90, 180 degrees bots were very easy to reveal due to the repeating logic of their movement, navigation system and etc. 

10 minutes ago, jasray.7856 said:

Do PVP bots really still exist ? I remember the epidemy of MM++n based bots, but since Janurary this project is down and personally I do not see any bots around. As described above 90, 180 degrees bots were very easy to reveal due to the repeating logic of their movement, navigation system and etc. 

Dont quote me on that one, but i heard that a the biggest.. idk english is hard today.... botting...website... idk 😄  has stopped supporting Gw2. Therefore a majority of the bots are gone. The ones that you still encounter are privatebots.

please dont quote me on that one, but i heard some rumors in that direction.

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

if you see the same dude, with the same build, doing the same mechanic like movements for YEARS.... you can be pretty sure it is a bot. If there is not a SINGLE smooth movement for years... im pretty sure. ^_^

Ah, okay.  I have not paid that much attention to a single player ... Feels like I would be stalking them 😆.  If they are an easy kill, maybe I am 😉.

Edited by Morden Kain.3489

On 4/8/2022 at 6:46 AM, Nalla.6581 said:

Dear Arenanet some players has been using Exploits and other modifications,hacks,bots and other things from a hacking website so then they use bots to get around killing people so far if you kill one of there bots more of them show up in groups of twos or threes or fives at the same time they bot and then when you about to kill them they use a second bot to get more to kill in t1 we have a strong botting problems and hacker problems to can you turn on that program that instant banned those people due to its going to kill wvw to fight only bots and lazy pvpers who flee,  and by the time when alliances come out people would void wvw can you guys add a system that blocks anybody who is hacking from returning to wvw?

Sounds like a multi boxer actually. Same guy using multiple accounts at the same time with them all doing the same thing at roughly the same time but with about a second variance depending on how good his/her computer is. multiboxing is more common and anet have even made a statement about it saying you can multi box as long as each character moves independently of each other. I've seen so many multi boxers its crazy. And they seem like bots but you can tell who the real one is, cuz he'll be in the lead like a commander of a zerg. These are the guys you report, cuz they are using scripts to mimic his skills and movements instead of being independent of each other.

Edited by Nokturnal Lunacy.3186

42 minutes ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

Sounds like a multi boxer actually. Same guy using multiple accounts at the same time with them all doing the same thing at roughly the same time but with about a second variance depending on how good his/her computer is. multiboxing is more common and anet have even made a statement about it saying you can multi box as long as each character moves independently of each other. I've seen so many multi boxers its crazy. And they seem like bots but you can tell who the real one is, cuz he'll be in the lead like a commander of a zerg. These are the guys you report, cuz they are using scripts to mimic his skills and movements instead of being independent of each other.

multi boxing is wrong in WvW, it should be a perma ban, and it offers a huge advantage in groups of 40+

1 minute ago, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

multi boxing is wrong in WvW, it should be a perma ban, and it offers a huge advantage in groups of 40+

it is if the person is using scripts to make the other characters move in sync and do skills as the user does. Its not against the ToS to multi box if the characters move around independently. 

30 minutes ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

it is if the person is using scripts to make the other characters move in sync and do skills as the user does. Its not against the ToS to multi box if the characters move around independently. 

It is against the TOS if done in PvP or WvW.  

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013658134

Though an argument COULD be made as it says about ‘competitive modes’. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

It's called "About face". It's a key you can enable in the options menu, alot of people in pvp actually use this,since its quite handy. I also use it myself so,please dont report me as a bot the next time you spot me.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

It's called "About face". It's a key you can enable in the options menu, alot of people in pvp actually use this,since its quite handy. I also use it myself so,please dont report me as a bot the next time you spot me.

BROOO. its not about face xDD!!!!     i am 100% sure what i have seen! i am playing since the betas... BELIEVE me... i can differentiate a player using about face from the same bot farming on Gunnarshold since EIGHT YEARS! he is turning 20 Degree.  Then 60 degree,    90 degree....   Just very mechanically. About face is 180Degree everytime... 

This bot is running to Sentrys that are not yet spawned. Then he stands on the spot and just 3 seconds later... the sentry spawns. This bot is completly min/maxed to farm Memorys of battle in WvW. Without a doubt this is a bot.

"ITS CALLED ABOUT FACE" XDDDD   bruuuh.

Edited by Sahne.6950

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

BROOO. its not about face xDD!!!!     i am 100% sure what i have seen! i am playing since the betas... BELIEVE me... i can differentiate a player using about face from the same bot farming on Gunnarshold since EIGHT YEARS! he is turning 20 Degree.  Then 60 degree,    90 degree....   Just very mechanically. About face is 180Degree everytime... 

This bot is running to Sentrys that are not yet spawned. Then he stands on the spot and just 3 seconds later... the sentry spawns. This bot is completly min/maxed to farm Memorys of battle in WvW. Without a doubt this is a bot.

"ITS CALLED ABOUT FACE" XDDDD   bruuuh.

Knowing when a sentry is about to spawn makes him a bot ? Sharp turns makes him a bot... Well okido ! A bot it is... 😆

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Knowing when a sentry is about to spawn makes him a bot ? Sharp turns makes him a bot... Well okido ! A bot it is... 😆

are you for real right here!? are you really doubting my ability to differentiate a guy using about face from a bot that is farming in WvW?You must be paid from anet to "solve" the bot problem by completly denying it in the forums.

And lets please be real for a second... crossing half Alpine map to arrive just 3 seconds before the Northeastern sentry spawns..... Just to kill it to run to the southwest Sentry just to arrive 2 seconds before that spawns, after that run to the south eastern sentry just to arrive in the exact second its spawns....   Pretty normal for a guy to keep complete track of when every sentry has died...  NOTHING WRONG HERE!!!

This guy is snapmoving, just randomly attacking everything that is red ,even GvG´s taking place in South alpines ( for real the bot is just charging solo at a 50 man group that is just waiting for the other group to ready up. Also this guy is completly min/maxing every sentry/camp. I am 100% sure this is a bot.   

If you would see him run ingame for more than 2 seconds you would 100% agree with me.   A guy that is doing only snap turns in a Fight against a real player.... snap....skill... walks 5 steps...  SNAP.... 140degree turn... walks 4 steps.... SNAP turns 90 degrees.. SNAP 90 degrees again... 3 steps........ *uses a skill* ..... walks 3 steps... SNAP...  

This guy is moving so slow and mechanicly it is SOOOO OBVIOUS, that this is a bot. If you jump on a stone, this bot will just stand infront of the stone and spamms his AA into the stone, because bots dont jump and as a result he can not get up that stone. Also he is ..."overburdened".. idk english harduu... his inventory is full all of the time. Ever tried fighting with a full inventory when the game is shouting at you that you have to make space to fit the remaining 5 chests in your inventroy? pretty harduuu! this guy is doing it for 8 years straight!

There is no way on earth you tell me that the same guy running the same coreranger build for 8 years, doing the same rigged movements, and botlike calculations, IS NOT A BOT... NO WAY DUDE.

This bot is a LEGEND on Gunnars Hold. Its been there since the creation of time. It is our lord and savior, and you completly deny him! RUUDE.

gotta love smartheads like you. ❤️

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:45 AM, jasray.7856 said:

The high tech bots are gone but simpler macro-based bots still exist, so you still get Guardian burnbots in PvP and such, the ones that can play with simple rotations and mostly just stand still while doing so.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

are you for real right here!? are you really doubting my ability to differentiate a guy using about face from a bot that is farming in WvW?You must be paid from anet to "solve" the bot problem by completly denying it in the forums.

And lets please be real for a second... crossing half Alpine map to arrive just 3 seconds before the Northeastern sentry spawns..... Just to kill it to run to the southwest Sentry just to arrive 2 seconds before it spawns, after that run to the south eastern sentry just to arrive in the exact second its spawns....   Pretty normal for a guy to keep complete track of when every sentry has died...  NOTHING WRONG HERE!!!

This guy is snapmoving, just randomly attacking everything that is red ,even GvG´s taking place in South alpines ( for real the bot is just charging solo at a 50 man group that is just waiting for the other group to ready up. Also this guy is completly min/maxing every sentry/camp. I am 100% sure this is a bot.   

If you would see him run ingame for more than 2 seconds you would 100% agree with me.   A guy that is doing only snap turns in a Fight against a real player.... snap....skill... walks 5 steps...  SNAP.... 140degree turn... walks 4 steps.... SNAP turns 90 degrees.. SNAP 90 degrees again... 3 steps........ *uses a skill* ..... walks 3 steps... SNAP...  

This guy is moving so slow and mechanicly it is SOOOO OBVIOUS, that this is a bot. Also he is ..."overburdened".. idk english harduu... his inventory is full all of the time. Every tried fighting with a full inventory when the game is shouting at you that you have to make space to fit the remaining 5 chests in your inventroy? pretty harduuu! this guy is doing it for 8 years straight!

There is no way on earth you tell me that the same guy running the same coreranger build for 8 years, doing the same rigged movements, and botlike calculations, IS NOT A BOT... NO WAY DUDE.

Is he a mesmer? Maybe he forgot which was the real player and thinks he is a clone. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Is he a mesmer? Maybe he forgot which was the real player and thinks he is a clone. 

He is moving worse, than a clone!

It is a coreranger that only uses the Tigerpet. He doesnt even switch to his second pet xD Atleast i have not seen it. And we had complete memeraids where we turned on commandertag and just followed the bot, because he was complety minmaxing PPT. It was hilarious.. great times on Gunnarshold! OHH i remember that one time where we followed him with 3 support tempest and just supported him xD the bot won a 1v2! (with us supporting) We truely had some cool moments with him.

at one point this bot had over 30 people following him. This bot is completly insane. He even switches map if the sentry that is close to spawn should be up shortly. For example he swaps to DBL, takes the sentry that is close to spawn and then swaps to another map taking the nearest sentry. This guy is PPTing on a level never seen before! The bot has his private on, so you can follow him around. But mainly he is flipping things on the "home map" he just occasionally swaps map if the spawn sentry should be up shortly. The bot is also farming in PvP during the primetimes of WvW!

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 4/11/2022 at 12:45 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

most of the time you will notice a bot straight away. They move very mechanicaly. They always turn in very sharp corners. They just snap a certain 90Degree when they try to turn. Bot walks -> SNAP *turns 90Degree*-> walks  -> SNAP *Turns 90Degree*.

It is pretty obvious.

Also someone multiboxing is pretty obvious aswell.   Imagine for example 3 supporttempest that walk in the exact same spot and do all the actions perfectly in sync.

I have seen both examples numerous times.

There is a player in the current T1 match, in a boonball guild not to be named here, who is multiboxing 5 accts.  He and himself all do everything in perfect sync, same time, same place. Hard CC 1, all 5 hit stunbreaks.  Sad and funny at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

There is a player in the current T1 match, in a boonball guild not to be named here, who is multiboxing 5 accts.  He and himself all do everything in perfect sync, same time, same place. Hard CC 1, all 5 hit stunbreaks.  Sad and funny at the same time.

So..  still able to be hit based on the target limit..  need to take two of you with single target pulls (thief and dh come to mind) and just pull two of them to different sides and just watch….