Alternative path for PVE Legendary Armor

6 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

I tried reading through the many posts so far to see if there are any arguments that would change my mind on my proposal and have not really seen any.

I do think OW needs its own path to acquire legendary armor and i think LI should get a way to be monetised, but i don't agree with your idea, i think Perfected Envoy armor skins should be acquired through playing raids or other 10 man instanced content.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are three game modes: PvE, PvP and WvW. You can get legendary armor in every game mode. So how is that false?

Where is it said? I can make different claim, there are many different modes, major ones are sPvP, WvW, open world and instanced content (which can be further divided in several different modes). Open world and instanced content just as different as sPvP and WvW.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

Just now, Rinagal.9235 said:

Where is it said? I can make different claim, there are many different modes, major ones are sPvP, WvW, open world and instanced content (which can be further divided in several different modes). Open world and instanced content just as different as sPvP and WvW.

No actually you can’t. Open world and raids are both PvE. Look how Anet balances: PvE, PvP and WvW. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No actually you can’t. Open world and raids are both PvE. Look how Anet balances: PvE, PvP and WvW. 

So? That OW and instanced content have same balance doesn't make them same mode, many games have same balance for PvE and PvP, so what? Open world and instanced content different in their core designs and played separatly, what do you have to say about it?

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

So? That OW and instanced content have same balance doesn't make them same mode, many games make same balance for PvE and PvP, so what? Open world and instanced content different in their core designs and played separatly, what do you have to say about it?

They are both Player versus Environment, that’s the game mode. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

That's the argument. Look what an argument i have, they are both Player versus Player,  hah.

Read the Update Notes maybe and don’t create alternative facts. They differentiate between PvP and WvW but not between Open World and Raid, which both are PvE. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Read the Update Notes maybe and don’t create alternative facts. They differentiate between PvP and WvW but not between Open World and Raid, which both are PvE. 

Let's look at last update notes.

World Polish

Fractals

Raids

Personal Story

All different categories, word PvE used only when spoken about balance changes.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Let's look at last update notes.

World Polish

Fractals

Raids

Personal Story

All different categories, word PvE used only when spoken about balance changes.

So World Polish is now a game mode? Maybe read more than just the headlines. The three game modes PvE, PvP and WvW only matter when it comes to balance. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Maybe we should differentiate game modes by their design, and not by how information organized in patch notes?

Yeah let’s do that, still we will have two (PvE and PvP) or three (PvE, PvP and WvW) game modes. For me WvW is it’s own game mode. But Open World is not a game mode. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yeah let’s do that, still we will have two (PvE and PvP) or three (PvE, PvP and WvW) game modes. 

Oh, i see, you'll rather agree that sPvP and WvW are the same mode than that raids and open world are two different. But no, just like sPvP and WvW are different game modes due to their different designs, even though both are PvP modes, raids and open world are different game modes due to their different designs, even though both are PvE modes.

• Like 8
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Oh, i see, you'll rather agree that sPvP and WvW are the same mode than that raids and open world are two different. But no, just like sPvP and WvW are different game modes due to their different designs, even though both are PvP modes, raids and open world are different game modes due to their different designs, even though both are PvE modes.

Raids and Open World are not different game modes, they are both part of PvE. And no, I don’t agree that PvP and WvW are the same game mode. I wrote that WvW is it’s own game mode. What comes next? Fractals are their own game mode? And strikes, DRMs and personal story as well? Festivals will also be a game mode?That’s ridiculous 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, MineMeMy.7854 said:

legendary-armor is for pro player

noob OW player not worth to have it

I wouldn’t say it like that but yes, legendary armor is prestige and shouldn’t be rewarded for doing events in Queensdale. You have to play ranked for the PvP armor. 
You can already get legendary weapons and trinkets in Open World. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

9 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

legendary armor is prestige and shouldn’t be rewarded for doing events in Queensdale.

Instead is should be awarded for afking in WvW and occasionally flipping a camp or helping a dolyak 😅

Such a prestigious thing 😂

Anyways, not going to start a discussion with you, you've already hijacked the thread plenty with your arbitrary narrow minded gamemode discussion.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

If Open World and Raids are separate and thus should have alternate paths on earning Legendary armor, so should ranked and unranked PvP.
If WvW and PvP are both PvP then I should be able to earn PvP gear by playing WvW only. 

Also, making LI tradable would be the dumbest thing ever, it wouldn't make more people try Raids. If someone doesn't want to try Strikes allowing them to sell LI wouldn't make them magically dip their feet into Raids. 
The end result would be people complaining about how they have to Raid to get LI, because the "TP price too much".

If LI should be tradable so should be Skirmish Tickets and Ascended Shards of Glory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Raids and Open World are not different game modes, they are both part of PvE.

One is open world, the other is instanced, even though both are PvE. 

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

And no, I don’t agree that PvP and WvW are the same game mode.

One is open world, the other is instanced, even though both are PvP

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

while i, after my 40 hr week, dont want to spend 5-10 hrs a week learning/failing content i dont like. i barely even play more than 10hr a week nowadays

Boo-hoo, guess what? I work 40 hours a week, and play 40+ during the week including weekends. You know why that is? Priorities.  I'm guessing you have things going on more valuable than gaming hence why you don't put in more than 10 hrs, which is fine. But the game shouldn't cater to people who aren't extremely active.  And you should be fine with that, because you don't value gaming as highly as other things in life. It doesn't affect you.

So just keep playing when you can, enjoy what you can, and leave the value in the long grinds to those of us who want to have something to show off our no-lives on.

Thank you.

Edited by Trogs.1802
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8