Scrapper: Gyro change

BeardRex.6739

Ever since the Scrapper rework, I've missed gyros being more than just AOEs always centered on the scrapper. I do see the benefits of having the gyros following us, so I've been trying to think of a way we could have both player-centered gyros, and remote gyros.

I was playing harbinger and it made me think: What if we made gyros ground targeted, and if we placed the indicator on top of ourselves, the gyro would stick to us, and if we placed it away from us, it would activate at that location and remain there?

Am I crazy? Even if you hate my specific idea, let me know if you miss anything about how the old gyros worked, and what you could be changed to make them more interesting.

• Confused 5

I can see where this comes from as someone who experienced Scrapper a weeks after its release. It is true that I also miss how gyro used to be separate entities filling various role but it is also true that AI pathfinding was and is still pretty underwhelming. 

A more easier approach would be if you press it once, it trigger the skill normally and you have the ability to ground target where you want to place it and basically send it there.  

Personnally I am fine with the current gyro. It is kind of boring but it works and get the job done. 

• Like 1

idk, for me as qheal scrapper main in pve, gyros are intereing as i can boon while moving making me much mobile and i like that play style

i wuld not like remote gyros, as it wuld be pain to use (like mech golem right now -_- )

having fields on yourself is much easier and more precise to use

for me best change was that your own combo fields are prio, so you have no longer problem to keep 25might on team

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

Can I at least have a bigger gyro? 😢

Actually I would like that if the Gyros stays on you all the time as long you have them equipped and if you use them they start glowing and stops when finished. That way we can have tiny helicopters on us forever instead of just appearing for 5 secs.

Kind of like in the HoT Scrapper reveal trailer they revealed gyros following the player like Rev’s Shiro Daggers

On 4/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I can see where this comes from as someone who experienced Scrapper a weeks after its release. It is true that I also miss how gyro used to be separate entities filling various role but it is also true that AI pathfinding was and is still pretty underwhelming. 

A more easier approach would be if you press it once, it trigger the skill normally and you have the ability to ground target where you want to place it and basically send it there.  

Personnally I am fine with the current gyro. It is kind of boring but it works and get the job done. 

Yeah sorry I didn't mean that I wanted them to be like minions again. My idea would make them more like ground targeted AOE spells. The gyro itself would just be an animation like it is now. Your idea would work well too I think. 

On 4/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

idk, for me as qheal scrapper main in pve, gyros are intereing as i can boon while moving making me much mobile and i like that play style

i wuld not like remote gyros, as it wuld be pain to use (like mech golem right now -_- )

having fields on yourself is much easier and more precise to use

for me best change was that your own combo fields are prio, so you have no longer problem to keep 25might on team

Maybe my original post wasn't clear, but you'd still be able to place the gyro on yourself to attach it to yourself as it is now.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:55 PM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

So you want something like the harb's elixers in that when you cast it and the ground aoe hits you, the gyro will stick to you, and if not, it will linger in the area it was places.

Yep. That's it. Just to make it a little more interesting and versatile.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:32 PM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Oooh interesting take! I like it. 

Though my interpretation of it is more akin to the ventari tablet. Press once to summon and do it's effects. Then press again and point to ground to move the effect around. Much like the tablet!

No AI needed hence no clunky pathing, and no health bar to get killed and negate its effects. You also still have full of control of it: you get to choose the direction of blast gyro knockback.

Plus you'd actually have an actual gyro around unlike a miniscule lump floating above your head. 

Edited by aceofbass.2163
Typo
  • Confused 1