So is Virtuoso

Bast.7253

Just the final push to get mesmer pvp out of the game?

I'm failing to see how this excels at anything besides being a slow cast time (usually los'd by literally anything) shatter with no clones and a channeled distortion that can be interrupted somehow? 

And why does every holo ability put out somekind of condition or harbinger get 20 torment loaded onto their abilities and virtuoso has to run traits to get any value out of dagger on a condition build?

Have you looked at the other weapons in the game? Why did we suddenly look at mesmer dagger and go, NO CONDITIONS. NONE. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Virtuoso is okay PvP but no where near what high level WvW or sPvP players need.

That is essentially Mesmers entire problem it is super niche and probably wont ever not be.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Virtuoso is okay PvP but no where near what high level WvW or sPvP players need.

That is essentially Mesmers entire problem it is super niche and probably wont ever not be.

Virtuoso is fundamentally unfit for SPvP in it's current state. 

• Like 1

It's largely redundant in PvP and WvW yes due to a vast array of issues. Quite possibly one of the least threatening things to encounter: I usually kill Virtuosos on my core Mes and Daredevil builds by auto-attacking them whilst standing within their character model - it's a bit ludicrous.

1 hour ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Virtuoso is fundamentally unfit for SPvP in it's current state. 

Well then why do so many people play including myself (only WvW).

1 hour ago, Simonoly.4352 said:

It's largely redundant in PvP and WvW yes due to a vast array of issues. Quite possibly one of the least threatening things to encounter: I usually kill Virtuosos on my core Mes and Daredevil builds by auto-attacking them whilst standing within their character model - it's a bit ludicrous.

I could say the same thing about most WvW encounters, one rapid fire from my Untamed can down people very quickly. For all good dodging does to counter this if you exhaust all there endurance they cant do much.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Tell me, have any of those won the MAT on Virtuoso?  Hit the semi finals even?  

I already said I don't play it sPvP but Untamed is a different story I'm almost always in 250 top players. I probably should try a tournament at this point.

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Simonoly.4352 said:

Virtuoso is literally a worse version of core necro well bomber in WvW.

How sad is that? 

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:13 PM, Mell.4873 said:

I think it could work with mobility. Though, the dead horse is beyond beaten now. PvP as whole is pretty bad, on any class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Uh, no? They have nothing in common. Virtuoso in WvW has a perfectly reasonable build.

Do you talk about Roaming? Then yes, because I was talking about zerging. 

I should have made it more clear. 

In zerging, Virtuoso is a worse Necro in every way. 

Worse weapons. Worse AoEs. Worse Profession mechanic. 

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Do you talk about Roaming? Then yes, because I was talking about zerging. 

I should have made it more clear. 

In zerging, Virtuoso is a worse Necro in every way. 

Worse weapons. Worse AoEs. Worse Profession mechanic. 

Oh, if you’re talking about Zerg vs Zerg, yes, I agree.

But none of the new specs are even remotely useful in a Zerg, WvW wise.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Oh, if you’re talking about Zerg vs Zerg, yes, I agree.

But none of the new specs are even remotely useful in a Zerg, WvW wise.

Untamed is okay in pushing or leading I found and mechnaist for the boons but yeah your are right. 

19 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Untamed is okay in pushing or leading I found and mechnaist for the boons but yeah your are right. 

The problem isn’t that they are horrible at doing their job.

The fact is, there are other specs which are much better at accomplishing it.

7 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

What build is reasonable in roaming? Noody's meme build? Or power Virt? Or condi Virt? Or celestial Virt? 

Noody's build has the survival of a critter. 

Power Virt is inferior to core mesmer. 

Condi Virt is inferior to mirage. 

Celestial Virt has the damage of a level 1 dolyak. 

All of them have major problems that make them work only moderately well for roaming. You have builds that do high damage but die to everything and can't run away. And you have builds that stay alive well in a duel but can't pressure and get run down by outnumbered.