Are There Power-Ups in End of Dragons?

I'm addicted to having my MMORPG characters get stronger. I had a blast playing all the GW2 classes to max level and getting them all outfitted, but I haven't played in years because I needed that hit of powering up.

If I get End of Dragons, will it offer me any ways to power up my characters?

Edited by Bronze Centipede.5230
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

I'm addicted to having my MMORPG characters get stronger. I had a blast playing all the GW2 classes to max level and getting them all outfitted, but I haven't played in years because I needed that hit of powering up.

If I get Age of Dragons, will it offer me any ways to power up my characters?

Age of what now? And the answer is no. Will always be no.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

With the jade bot you can unlock some new abilities for your character. Like emergency protocol, which can revive you while you are down. More health and a small upgrade module which has some small benefits of your choosing.

Other than that there is a mastery upgrade which increases the health of all your mounts. 

But thats it i think. 

pretty much only way gw2 offers becoming more "powerful" after hitting level cap is optimizing your build, adding some new gimmicks with expansions that work well in specific situations and/or give you some little freedom or spice with gameplay, and adding new elite specs for giving you more options with your build and battle style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

If all you got is ascended, you can optimize further by getting better fitting stats, more access to different builds, or incorporating the new stat sets. Dragon, for example, fits many strike builds quite well, if they can crit-cap easily.

Actually, I've never even collected ascended gear. I could grind for that, but honestly, I don't want to.

I'll take a look at the options End of Dragons opens up and see if I can get interested in any of them.

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

That's right. I just don't want to grind fractals.

You can get ascended gear outside of fractals. Ascended armor and weapons are craftable. Trinkets can be bought with living world currency. You can get ascended items from reward tracks and achievements. You can buy ascended items from WvW and PvP vendors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bronze Centipede.5230 said:

Actually, I've never even collected ascended gear. I could grind for that, but honestly, I don't want to.

I'll take a look at the options End of Dragons opens up and see if I can get interested in any of them.

Then your grind must go towards full ascended first, and then slowly adding stats infusions (i recommend WvW infusions if you don't plan to do fractals, they are MUCH cheaper than stat+agony infusions). Remember to attune and infuse your rings and back item to add more infusion slots.

That's about as high as you can go in terms of raw stats. From there you can try different stat combinations to optimize your build, but your total stat count will never go any higher. Even legendary gear has the same stats as ascended, it's only QOL.

You can also grind the chef and other crafting to make a lot of high tier food and enhancements, as those raise your stats.

Depending on the map you're on, you could also stack buffs and bonuses based on the map, but they are limited to the map you're in. (e.g. jade bot offensive/defensive protocols) or the meta (participation bonus for meta events).

• Like 1

Traditional mmo like ffxiv force u to grind tomes of poetics to get the bis gear for current expansion so u can participate in boss encounters for that expansion... Once u get the gear, the encounters and fight take the same amount of time for clearing the boss... You don't become powerful, the game just increases the hp and attack dps of boss enemies so you need Armor to compensate incoming dmg and high out going dps to compensate for boss high hp to clear the boss encounter in same time as u did prev expansion encounters... Once u join boss instance of prev expansion, your gear get synchronized , powered down and you'd take same amount of time clearing old expansion boss with new gear... The only difference is the new Armor looks cool for a while... So, PPL who want that gear grind addiction drug effect, you can always try to grind the new expansion Armor and weapon collection... There are lots and tons of it in GW2 and once u unlock them, the skins stay permanent with u not like ffxiv where u have to dedicate inventory slot or limited glamor dresser slot to lug around old gear for the look /skin.

Few gear grind in GW2 u can pursue:

Runic armors,

Elegy armors and variations,

Legendary Armor sets skins pve,PvP,wvw,

Astral weapons skins exotics, ascended versions,

Dragon Slayer sets, azure, crimson, icy, fiery sets,

Ancient, restored, illuminated boreal sets,

Tons and tons... Check wiki

• Like 1