POLL - Improved Rewards are in the early planning stage.

Xenesis.6389

What aspect of rewards would you like to vastly improve if you had to pick just one?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect of rewards would you like to vastly improve if you had to pick just one?

• Skimish Chest - lackluster?
    • Skirmish reward track - We need moar gold! mystic coins! tickets! memories!
    • Npc drops - Another spoon? Another bone? Another.. hey that's an unidentified green thingie!, and sometimes a precursor!
    • Player drops - Badges for days, here's another unidentified green thingie, and sometimes a precursor!
    • Improved rarity of drops - Where's the precursors man? like? "I get perm bank access from black lion chest before pre's in 9 years!" wtf?
    • Reward tracks - More passive junk in my bags that I don't even notice.... well other than that paperweight gift of battle....
    • Event rewards - Karma? copper? I just defended this place with my life and that's all I'm worth?!
    • Rank up rewards - Sometimes you get precursors here too! when the moon is blue and hits your eye like a big pizza pie.
    • Daily achievement/rewards - Yo daily vet, you suck stop taking 10 mins of my life standing afk...
    • Time to completion - Full skirmish reward track / Reward tracks / Improved pipping / Extra wxp / Better participation credit?
    • Add brand new rewards - Moar wvw exclusive skins!, add some pve rewards? add some spvp rewards? legendary accessory/amulet finally?
    • Improve wvw currency - Need more exchanges for these stockpiles, need more drops for this other stockpile
    • Guild missions - Cheaper guild catas?
    • Nodes - Need moar leather!
    • Other - Post your "You didn't think of this smartypants!" rant.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-april-2022/

"We’re also in the early phase of designing our next batch of rewards improvements for the mode. We’ll have more details on this in a future blog."

So rewards are always a hot topic for wvw. Anet is currently working on improving it, they'll have a blog up whatever it is whenever it's ready.

I'm not going to bother asking which rewards you like because straight up gold would win, and I know the most likely answer to everything would be "all of the above".

But like my last poll, just trying to see what specific part you would want to see vastly improved, if you could just pick one.

Feel free to add what you really think.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 1

Anything to do with emblems, with a trade cap so people can't just farm. Ideally emblems to clovers or memories of battle is the solution since clovers don't have a steady source in WVW outside of reward tracks. For low ranked players I'd say a box of WvW supplies for emblems would also be worth consideration. If it is to be designed similar to the weekly holiday vendors , then a limited number of chest of Legendary Shards or Tyrian Exchange Voucher(s).

This topic has been covered in depth many times already. You don't want to inflate reward tracks or skirmish tracks since people can acquire those rewards semi-passively. If you want to introduce minor changes with high impact the first place to start is putting in grandmaster marks instead of grandmaster mark shards inside the skirmish track.

The memory gobbler needs serious help due to inflation of memories of battle. Even when memory of battle was 3 silvers or less it was not an attractive value proposition.

To recap , only things relevant for WvW players should really be considered, namely ascended armor/weapon access (Mistforged weapons are decent right now so it isn't a massive pain point other than the memories of battle) as well as trinkets (covered by mist trinkets already along with ring) and backpiece (covered by the multi-stage Warbringer backpack). If you don't PVE the major omission is probably an ascended aquabreather option although there are crafting recipes for it. An alternate recipe for Bountiful Maintenance oil using badges of honor indirectly would a be consideration as well.

Unlikely
As I play fractals to finance WvW and jeweler 500 still doesn't exist, a mystic forge recipe to combine +5 WVW infusions with +9 agony would be neat (no cosmetic). Arenanet wants people to buy equipment templates so this probably won't happen.

Badges of honor sink (combine an emblem requirement perhaps) in the form of 32 slot bags (siege master satchel upgrade) or Supreme Rune of holding is something I mentioned in the past but I don't think it is likely to happen since it affects Arenanet's income.

Anything to do with legendary sigils and runes is unlikely, save for the timegated Gift of Craftsmanship's Provisioner Tokens.

Legendary weapons with no aesthetic that use mistforged weapons' unlock as a prerequisite while in theory could be implemented are extremely unlikely given the gen 1 and gen 3 weapons are available for trade.

References for your own information

Edited by Infusion.7149

Voted Other, because a quippy poll isn't a good poll and too many options are mixed up with different things.

My "one thing" to do first (I think we need several things):

=> Normalization of the distribution of Skirmish Tickets  over all skirmish reward chests (from wood to diamond; which kind of is what the gold chest tier puts out; total number would be the same, just it would not be so back-loaded like the status quo)

• Like 2

The Skirmish Ticket Vendor needs to be deleted and replaced with something that isnt that overpriced.

He should sell the following:

• Trophy Shipments
  • Mist Warped Packets
  • Magic Warped Bundle
  • WvW Glyphs
  • Tributes to XY
  • Ascended Gear Boxes
  • Mystic Coins
  • Mystic Clovers
  • and way more
Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Skirmish Ticket Vendor needs to be deleted and replaced with something that isnt that overpriced.

But why delete the vendor? they're just trying to make a living selling stuff... just ask for a discount, tell them you're a diamond legend and demand lower prices!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Voted Other, because a quippy poll isn't a good poll and too many options are mixed up with different things.

My "one thing" to do first (I think we need several things):

We need all of the above really, but I just want to see what people think needs immediate and big upgrades. Also I'm doing these polls to try and drum up some focused discussion in areas, instead of just another "gift of battle complaint thread". I could have very well just stated 5 areas and be done with it, but rewards have a vast range of things attached to it in wvw part of the game, it's actually much simpler on the pve side of things.

19 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

=> Normalization of the distribution of Skirmish Tickets  over all skirmish reward chests (from wood to diamond; which kind of is what the gold chest tier puts out; total number would be the same, just it would not be so back-loaded like the status quo)

I mean technically that's the skirmish reward track option. I state the main area and then - to a quippy example, can't very well put in everything that needs to change into some of these things, that would require paragraph sized options 😆 I'll leave that to you guys to discuss further in follow up posts, maybe anet will give the polls and follow up discussion a read.

Just now, Xenesis.6389 said:

Well I will.... if we don't get another way to get my legendary armor... still need to finish my medium and heavy sets...

See? Thats the problem. The moment you have your legendary gear, the Vendor is pointless as the ascended Gear she sells is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy overprice. Has been since her release.

The only way anything what she sells makes sense is if Anet thought MoBs would be in the 15-10 copper range and not like today 20 silver.

10 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

See? Thats the problem. The moment you have your legendary gear, the Vendor is pointless as the ascended Gear she sells is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy overprice. Has been since her release.

The only way anything what she sells makes sense is if Anet thought MoBs would be in the 15-10 copper range and not like today 20 silver.

Lowest I think they were around 3 silvers. Memory Gobbler has never been reasonable.

Mistforged weapon set could probably have a collection to be honest now that I think about it given how expensive it is to make a full set.

edit: One way memory of battle could be partially improved is increasing parity with PVP rewards by putting it in every WVW daily chest requiring combat (keep/tower/camp capture , or enemy kills not veteran creature slayer or monuments). Indeed veteran creature slayer ought to be outright removed and replaced with yak defender which is just as low effort.

Edited by Infusion.7149

46 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I mean I don't disagree to adding more stuff to the vendor. But the whole purpose of that vendor was to provide ascended gear for you to buy if you couldn't obtain it through drops, then the legendary upgrades came later, not to be some infinite rewards/resource trader. All content have cut off points to their rewards eventually, even raids which also have legendary gear as it's top reward.

Once I'm done with the legendary sets, got all the ascended weapons, got all the infusions I need, I'll just buy superior siege I guess? skirmish track and tickets are not the sole reason I play wvw, I played it for 5 years before skirmish even came in for other reasons and there's other rewards to earn.

Memories of battle just needs to be given out more often and the prices will go down, but there's wvw players who don't even want that to happen because it's "gold" for them.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

• Xenesis.6389 changed the title to POLL - Improved Rewards are in the early planning stage.
2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I mean technically that's the skirmish reward track option. I state the main area and then - to a quippy example, can't very well put in everything that needs to change into some of these things, that would require paragraph sized options 😆 I'll leave that to you guys to discuss further in follow up posts, maybe anet will give the polls and follow up discussion a read.

You: Skirmish reward track - We need moar gold! mystic coins! tickets! memories!

Me: I did not want "moar", I want a different distribution of what we have. That's why I am not happy with the way the poll is set up (and I work in assessment & evaluation as part of my job) and did not tick the option. I agree that mystic coins could be added more frequently and I want a trader for unused/de-valuated WvW tokens (Badges, Emblems) ... but following your set up, I can only pick the most important item of my choice.

10 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

You: Skirmish reward track - We need moar gold! mystic coins! tickets! memories!

Me: I did not want "moar", I want a different distribution of what we have. That's why I am not happy with the way the poll is set up (and I work in assessment & evaluation as part of my job) and did not tick the option. I agree that mystic coins could be added more frequently and I want a trader for unused/de-valuated WvW tokens (Badges, Emblems) ... but following your set up, I can only pick the most important item of my choice.

Because when it comes to skirmish track those are the usual complaints about it. The other being the tickets are too back loaded, which I agree with and have brought up several times in the past in those complaint threads. Again I just listed a main area of contention and some examples, some of these areas could take up pages of complaints.

Sorry for trying to make it light hearted I guess.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Anything to do with emblems, with a trade cap so people can't just farm. Ideally emblems to clovers or memories of battle is the solution since clovers don't have a steady source in WVW outside of reward tracks.

I have a backlog of materials used for mystic clovers, I would rather have them convert to something tradable for gold.

I currently have:

- 7,689 Obsidian Shards

- 6,325 Tomes of Knowledge

- 13,862 Spirit Shards

1 hour ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

I have a backlog of materials used for mystic clovers, I would rather have them convert to something tradable for gold.

I currently have:

- 7,689 Obsidian Shards

- 6,325 Tomes of Knowledge

- 13,862 Spirit Shards

It's pretty clear that Arenenet is headed in the direction of account value rather than liquidity.

You are likely an outlier, most people are making legendaries.

• Like 1

First things first, the one thing that should be addressed before anything else is providing the same loot to all players participating in a kill. And right now, support build do not get anything. Sure I heard the legends of players sharing loot to address this bug themselves. Time for anet to fix this.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You are likely an outlier, most people are making legendaries.

Are you sure I am an outlier?  WvW is known as a good place to get Karma and Tomes of Knowledge but not gold.  Gold is always the main thing that holds me back from crafting more legendary weapons.

59 minutes ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

Are you sure I am an outlier?  WvW is known as a good place to get Karma and Tomes of Knowledge but not gold.  Gold is always the main thing that holds me back from crafting more legendary weapons.

I am sure. Why? Heavy Loot bags' drops and skirmish tickets' rewards, mystic coins/mystic clovers are all for legendary crafting. Jade bot scavenger protocols will bring the T3/T4 trophies back to active play. To imply you have a gold shortage it means you are trying to buy materials and gems to gold exists so anything that is tradable is 100% meaningless. I know WvW players that have just swiped to get legendary weapons because they just don't PvE at all.

• Legendary backpiece : the limit is skirmish tickets  , t6 materials are within heavy loot bags and with jade bot scavenger protocols being reactivated this shouldn't be an issue at all
  • Legendary WvW Armor: the limit is skirmish tickets, this isn't even debatable with the grandmaster marks a secondary issue for the precursor since memory of battle is tradable
  • Legendary WvW ring(s): the limit is skirmish tickets and also the emblems which are only an issue for people new to WvW or extremely casual
  • Legendary amulet/ accessories don't exist for WVW-only players
  • Legeendary weapons require PVE in some fashion unless you just buy them off the TP.

The largest barrier to building legendary weapons for a WvW player is the gift of exploration. Not the coins/clovers and not the dungeon currencies since you can run reward tracks on loop for those. For gen 3 tradable it would be Antique Summoning Stones, which I highly doubt Arenanet is going to just vendor off in WvW or place into reward tracks unlike Mystic clovers or mystic coins which are in every festival weekly vendor.

• Gen 1 weapons: GoM = GoE+GoB+Obsidian Shards+ Bloodstone shard ; 77 clovers , 250 ecto (trivial), Gift of Might and Magic (i.e. T6 trophies) , 100g in Icy Runestones , Gift of Metal/Wood/Energy
  • Gen 3 weapons: 100 Antique Summoning Stone which makes up the bulk of the cost, map complete of the 4 zones, 5 Blessing of Jade Empress (2500 imperial favor) , 100 Jade Runestone, 200 Chunk of Jade (TP tradable), 100 Chunk of Ambergis (TP tradable) , Gift of Condensed Might&Magic (only one not two), 38 clovers, 5 Amalgamated Draconic Lodestones, 100g in Mystic runestones, Gift of Research, 10 Tale of Adventure (tradable), 10 Lamplighter's badges (tradable)
Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

Voted other, entire system needs to be remade. Should be the same gold/hour as SPvP.

If not remade:

• Capping pips should be a seasonal thing and take ~40 hrs per season. Or ~8 hours a week.
  • Skirmish tickets need to be gained at 4x the rate they currently are.
  • NO BONUS PIPS FOR COMMANDER TAG
  • NO BONUS PIPS FOR BEING HIGHER RANK
  • Pip chests final chest same gold as SPvP onles per tier
  • Repeat pip chest 20g/repeat.
Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

To imply you have a gold shortage it means you are trying to buy materials and gems to gold exists so anything that is tradable is 100% meaningless. I know WvW players that have just swiped to get legendary weapons because they just don't PvE at all.

The solution to the gold problem in WvW should not be to take out the credit card.  And gaining additional mystic clovers still does not make any sense since WvW players gain an abundance of crafting materials for them.  As long as there exists other choices to trade emblems for I will be fine with that.

1 minute ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

The solution to the gold problem in WvW should not be to take out the credit card.  And gaining additional mystic clovers still does not make any sense since WvW players gain an abundance of crafting materials for them.  As long as there exists other choices to trade emblems for I will be fine with that.

My point is the limitation was never the PVE stuff unless it's a weapon (which is why I mentioned some players are willing to swipe instead of PvEing).
The reason why I mentioned the use of gems to gold is because unless you PVE the gold per hour of WVW is going to be far less than any PVE short of raiding in an inexp group more than once a week (especially including wait times) whether you do openworld, fractals, or strikes. It is inconceivable that Arenanet would jack up gold per hour to the best PvE farms because it attracts the wrong type of player , instead they would likely opt for more unique accountbound rewards in line with cosmetics and decreased expenditures (i.e. clovers and accountbound materials used in legendary items).

If you use PvE as a benchmark for gold gain WVW would never match it because you can't optimize gold per hour in a competitive mode (outside reward track/skirmish track) without making it a total ktrain and even goes for PVP as well. I would consider jade bot scavenger protocol's restoration a concession by Arenanet in that sense.

For Gift of Might most of the expense is the T6s : https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-70867
For Gift of Magic most of the expense is the T6s: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-76530

9 hours ago, Ben K.6238 said:

I'd like to see a few leaderboards for contribution to server performance, and weekly rewards based on those. Not too bothered by the existing reward structure, aside from participation being poorly tracked.

The problem then becomes one of defining performance. This is likely to negatively affect anyone who plays during their server off-hours versus server blobs.