I would like your opinion about rewards

11 hours ago, TheRon.5489 said:

For me the problem that GW2 has is all the content doesn't have any "good/satisfying reward" when you do content. For example, on fractals. You spend a lot of time (months) to reach t4 if you are a new player. That's ok, but meanwhile you don't have anything usefull or important. You repeat the same content all the time for a bit currency and not much more. 

I am sad to report that this doesn't change at T4. You can check out gold estimates with some communities per content, and most things are homogenized to be worth relatively the same. It's a problem GW2 creates for itself by trying to keep its vast wealth of content relevant, skipping the favourability by gold per hour or generally most popular activities. Think monotonously farming materials VS a fun fight. 
Meta trains, daily locked content rewards, etc. 

12 hours ago, TheRon.5489 said:

For me the problem that GW2 has is all the content doesn't have any "good/satisfying reward" when you do content. For example, on fractals. You spend a lot of time (months) to reach t4 if you are a new player. That's ok, but meanwhile you don't have anything usefull or important. You repeat the same content all the time for a bit currency and not much more. On pvp the same, you play pvp for complete tracks (and for fun) and get a reward (mostly skin). For example in WoW (zZzZ) I remember do BGs, and while I made them I got points to spent on armors, mounts, tabards, etc. Here is like you start something, you spend a lot of time doing the same to reach something, but on the run is empty. A to B, nothing on the middle. And all you do is for gold and buy something on TP, and that's the sh*t and the greatest of this game at same time.. 

Dont forget the BiS gear you get along the way in fractals and legendary in wvw and pvp.

• Sad 1

I am not a big fan of really punishing RNG reward drops.  I remember my WOW guild wanting me to off-tank on my paladin on nights that we had enough heals and the off-tank was not there.  I used a blue weapon the whole time because the ONLY epic tanking sword in that tier would never drop for me despite many attempts.

That said, I remember the feeling that accompanied getting a wanted RNG drop.  That feeling was available in GW, though the RNG there for the best drops was not generous.  It is almost entirely absent for me in GW2.  While I can appreciate the certainty in GW2 incremental rewards, the feeling I get on attaining something I want is not excitement, it's relief that I can stop doing X now.  Why so?  In order to promote the game's longevity, ANet has made many of the optional rewards feel really tedious.

However,  the real reward for me in GW2 is people.  If not for the guild I'm in, I'd not be playing as much.  Maybe , not at all.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HonesltlyX.7164 said:

My own opinion on rewards. Coming from experience over the years in more traditional MMOs like WoW. When we complete content we actually received a reward that was beneficial to us in-game. Like higher rated gear. When a new expac comes out we would get access to higher levels and gearing to grind through.

I know I'm gonna get some flack on this opinion, but I miss those days when we earned rewards and it felt.....useful. Not as a progression to an achievement that doesn't matter much and not because it's a nice looking skin. But because they boost my character stats even higher, or it has a inherent added benefit for some on my abilities.

I know the game is horizontal. But, can we become idk diagonal? Not necessarily, vertical like traditional MMOs were, but at least access to a higher level of content and gear? Something useful for with in the game and not so shallow like skins and achievements that ready don't mean all that much to players not into fashion wars or completionist?

The end game content as is gets really old really fast. The lack of good rewards in EOD just makes it worse.

If you want that there's plenty of games which offer it, including WoW (which is still going and actually just announced a new expansion). It's not an old system which has stopped being used in modern games, just one which isn't used in this game.

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I have no idea what a herta is..

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Herta

Once per day it converts 250 bloodstone dust into a container which gives you some random valuable items. You have to do a couple of achievements to get it but they're not difficult and the Wiki has a walkthrough.

There's similar items which will convert other ascended materials, or combinations of materials, into random loot.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Once per day it converts 250 bloodstone dust into a container which gives you some random valuable items. You have to do a couple of achievements to get it but they're not difficult and the Wiki has a walkthrough.

There's similar items which will convert other ascended materials, or combinations of materials, into random loot.

Thank you i'll check it out.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I have Herta. The rewards it generated isn't valuable most of the time, but it does drop something nice. I had it for 2 years. Still haven't gotten the golden drop.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:30 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

If you want that there's plenty of games which offer it, including WoW (which is still going and actually just announced a new expansion). It's not an old system which has stopped being used in modern games, just one which isn't used in this game.

I can't in good concience support Activision Blizzard after the workspace harassment scandal.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:06 AM, Hashberry.4510 said:

Horizontal progression is pretty well tapped out. At this stage all they can offer are scavenger and cheevo hunts.

No, they just don't know what they're doing. FFXI is Horizontal and has 10000x the progression this game does.

• Confused 2