Guild hall - go back to previous hall = repay and recapture ?? REALLY

51 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Read as: "Why do I have to buy my old house again and move all my stuff back in after I sold it and moved across the country!?'

oh my... if you mixed real live and a game, you should stop answering.

The fact is : I paid for the first hall AND for the second one. I do not sell the  first one...  So I guess you shouldn't be happy if you buy 2 houses and if you do not live in both at the same time, you "lost" one and must rebuy for it ? Really... it's a pitiful comparison... 

same for you ; 

51 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Mate, you complain about having to pay safety deposits each time you move between two flats every month for no reason?

It's not a leasing. You "bought" the guild hall and take it. You do not hire it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Well, it make sense that abandoned hall was taken back - but actually why some high level guild would abandon a hall with forces large enough to secure a kingdom.

So idea to collect halls is nicer.

With higher guild's level it could be possible to secure more halls. Then you could set one a main and switch it as desired, others non-main would be just for personal visits, but could be also some missions and stuff there. There is plenty options to make it cool.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

oh my... if you mixed real live and a game, you should stop answering.

The fact is : I paid for the first hall AND for the second one. I do not sell the  first one...  So I guess you shouldn't be happy if you buy 2 houses and if you do not live in both at the same time, you "lost" one and must rebuy for it ? Really... it's a pitiful comparison... 

same for you ; 

It's not a leasing. You "bought" the guild hall and take it. You do not hire it.

If you buy a Teddy for your son, who then throws it away a while later, can you get that Teddy back for free when a random guy finds it on the side of the road and gives it to his son? No. He'll tell you to kitten off.
The same way whatever enemy type is in the Guild Hall, you pay Indiana Jones to guide you there, you are not a tourist guide, you are into fighting things, you capture it from them and whenever they try to come back you tell them to kitten off. You decide to leave for a different place, pay Indiana Jones yet again to guide you there, capture it, so on, so on, but the Guild Hall you had is now empty, noone is telling anyone to stay out, so they retake it.

Simple as that.

You buy a house, you live there for 5 years, you sell the house and buy a new one, you can't move back to the old one for free just because you had it in the past.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

57 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

You paid for the expedition to go and clear it.  You didn’t purchase the guild hall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I think it's hopeless to try to talk to GW community... you are just painful trying to compare real life to a game... 

By the way, I my question was adressed to Arenanet people, not to you. If you are happy how the game is managed, good for you. I'm not and it's not your concern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

I think it's hopeless to try to talk to GW community... you are just painful trying to compare real life to a game... 

By the way, I my question was adressed to Arenanet people, not to you. If you are happy how the game is managed, good for you. I'm not and it's not your concern.

We are trying to explain why your claim is pointless, but you are just painful in trying to not listen to others. You post on the official forums in the DISCUSSIONS part, people are going to respond to you, since you are opening a DISCUSSION here. 

If you don't direct it towards us don't make a discussion accessible by others maybe. That simple.

You complain that something you abandon is not free when you want to go back. 
You got response to your "I paid for something, I paid for something else abandoning the first thing, why can't I get the first thing back for free?" issue. It's like me saying "I sold my Chaos Gun, but I want a Chaos Gun, why can't I get it back for free? I had it before"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

I thought switching halls just required the 100g.  You have to do the capture too?

Yes you have also to capture. If it was only paying the 100g, I wouldn't say anything but I really do not agree with 100g + the capture. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, khetry.4901 said:

All is in the question. So I really would like to have an answer from the "devs" : why should we repay AND do the RECAPTURE of a hall we already had ?? 

Saying "it's a mechanic from the devs" is NOT an answer !!!!

because you don't have that guild hall anymore... you gave it up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You complain that something you abandon is not free when you want to go back. 
You got response to your "I paid for something, I paid for something else abandoning the first thing, why can't I get the first thing back for free?" issue. It's like me saying "I sold my Chaos Gun, but I want a Chaos Gun, why can't I get it back for free? I had it before"

You have very much difficulties with the simple concept that WE DO NOT SELL the previous hall... I do not specially complain for the price, I complain to have to paid AND recapture.

I will try another way with simple example  You buy a pair of shoes, use them a little and some times after, you buy a new one. You put the old one in a cupboard and use the new pair. Some days later, you think, the old ones were more comfortable, I will take them back. But you cannot go in the cupboard and take your old shoes..no, you need to paid the price you bought them first and run a marathon or fight I don't know, gobelins hidden in,  if it's more funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

You have very much difficulties with the simple concept that WE DO NOT SELL the previous hall... I do not specially complain for the price, I complain to have to paid AND recapture.

I will try another way with simple example  You buy a pair of shoes, use them a little and some times after, you buy a new one. You put the old one in a cupboard and use the new pair. Some days later, you think, the old ones were more comfortable, I will take them back. But you cannot go in the cupboard and take your old shoes..no, you need to paid the price you bought them first and run a marathon or fight I don't know, gobelins hidden in,  if it's more funny.

Well you never bought it either.  What you paid for was the expedition to clear it. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

Let me explain the process of getting a Guild Hall for you with your pair of shoes. You pay the taxi driver 15€ to bring you to the nearest store, you go in, you beat up the employees, steal a pair of shoes and leave. You use those shoes for a while then throw them away when you see an ad for a prettier looking one. You pay a taxi driver 15€ to bring you to a different store and you repeat the process. You want to use your old pair of shoes, but you threw it to the side and you see it in a thrift store, you can't go in and say "those were my shoes before I threw them out" and expect to get them back.

You take your Guild Hall by FORCE, you CAPTURE it and you HOLD IT from those you captured it from, if you leave they go back, thus you have to RECAPTURE it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A guild hall is not an item that you purchase, though there is a cost associated with getting it, it is a reward for completing a specific piece of content. You can have only one at a time. In order to get another such reward you must give up your previous iteration of the reward.  If you choose 5o discard the reward for completing the content then you need to re-earn it by completing the content again.

• Like 3