Guild hall - go back to previous hall = repay and recapture ?? REALLY

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Let me explain the process of getting a Guild Hall for you with your pair of shoes. You pay the taxi driver 15€ to bring you to the nearest store, you go in, you beat up the employees, steal a pair of shoes and leave. You use those shoes for a while then throw them away when you see an ad for a prettier looking one. You pay a taxi driver 15€ to bring you to a different store and you repeat the process. You want to use your old pair of shoes, but you threw it to the side and you see it in a thrift store, you can't go in and say "those were my shoes before I threw them out" and expect to get them back.

You take your Guild Hall by FORCE, you CAPTURE it and you HOLD IT from those you captured it from, if you leave they go back, thus you have to RECAPTURE it.

It's funny to see how you desesperatly try to convince yourself that you are right 🤣

It's a game dude. If all must be close to reality as you seem to try to convince you, you should stop to carry all your stuff in invisible bags, the mobs you kill shouln't respawn... I forgot, dragons doesn't exist.

So my question still remains the same : why should we have to pay and recap something we have. It has no more sense that the hall is suddently retake by the bad guys because we go take a look at another one, than to kill everyday at the same hour the same dragon...

• Confused 5

4 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

Why should we have to pay and recap something we have. 

You don't.

If you still have it you do not need to recapture it. There is a cost associated with keeping a guild hall, if you choose to not pay that cost then you no longer have the guild hall.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

It's funny to see how you desesperatly try to convince yourself that you are right 

Considering how you are the only one saying the opposite I can assure you.. yes, we are right.

It's a game dude. If all must be close to reality as you seem to try to convince you, you should stop to carry all your stuff in invisible bags, the mobs you kill shouln't respawn... I forgot, dragons doesn't exist.

We are using real world examples because it generally gets messages through better since people can compare the situation to existing events. 

8 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

So my question still remains the same : why should we have to pay and recap something we have. It has no more sense that the hall is suddently retake by the bad guys because we go take a look at another one, than to kill everyday at the same hour the same dragon...

Because you gave it up, how hard is it to understand that giving up something you hold against something means you will have to retake it if you want to return?

As I said, you take it from the Awakened, a giant army and you are holding them off from retaking it, if you stop defending the place they will retake it. Thus you have to go in and capture it once again. It's not a hard concept. 
If an army takes a city, but then abandons it to take another one the defending side will return to the city they lost, since there is no resistance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

how hard is it to understand that giving up something you hold against something means you will have to retake it if you want to return?

How hard is it to also understand that  I do not have to agree with all what is call "mechanics" of the game ? There is many illogical "mechanics" in the game so my question is legit. You can also imagine all the stories you want to stick to how the game run.

I asked the assistance why we have that to do and the answer was (I translate) ; it's like that, put your comment on the forum, perhaps a dev will answer. So I put my question and now I'm waiting a true answer. Because I'm quite sure they do not think as far as to imagine that "the hall will be retake by the bad guys and so if the guild wants to go back they have to fight again..." It is more probably that they do not take in care this scenario.

If we knew that we had to redo all this to go back to our hall, never we had change (because honestly the new hall is very bad for guild decoration).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

How hard is it to also understand that  I do not have to agree with all what is call "mechanics" of the game ? There is many illogical "mechanics" in the game so my question is legit. You can also imagine all the stories you want to stick to how the game run.

I asked the assistance why we have that to do and the answer was (I translate) ; it's like that, put your comment on the forum, perhaps a dev will answer. So I put my question and now I'm waiting a true answer. Because I'm quite sure they do not think as far as to imagine that "the hall will be retake by the bad guys and so if the guild wants to go back they have to fight again..." It is more probably that they do not take in care this scenario.

If we knew that we had to redo all this to go back to our hall, never we had change (because honestly the new hall is very bad for guild decoration).

There are only two possible answers to your, "why do we have to," question. One mechanical, the other thematic.

Mechanical answer: Because that is how the system works.

Thematic answer: Because you give up ownership of a guild hall when you abandon it for a new option.

If you want a different answer then you need to ask a different question, such as:

Can the system be changed so that we keep guild halls that we have previously unlocked, similar to armor or weapon skins?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

Because I'm quite sure they do not think as far as to imagine that "the hall will be retake by the bad guys and so if the guild wants to go back they have to fight again..." It is more probably that they do not take in care this scenario.

Or you can look back on what they said when guild halls were revealed. 

• Like 1

How come you still havent come up with any stories to a to you illogical mechanic so far then?

You asked support hey this crap I threw away when I decided to go for the new crap you put into the game can I have it back without working for it kthxbye.

Ofcourse you wont get it back without working for it like everyone else had to.

1 hour ago, khetry.4901 said:

I think it's hopeless to try to talk to GW community... you are just painful trying to compare real life to a game... 

It's only "hopeless" because you refuse to actually talk about it. You came here with a complaint and apparently expected some echo chamber. You've even tried discouraging any disagreement by writing "saying it's a mechanic from devs doesn't count". Instead, what you got is a pretty logical response from @IAmNotMatthew.1058 about the guild hall being reclaimed [by nature/ambient creatures], which you immediatelly tried to dismiss with "I bought it!", except... just like @mythical.6315 responded, you're not exactly "buying a guild hall", you're paying for an expedition to attempt to clear out and claim the territory. The moment you leave, anyone is free to resettle and you need to hire another expedition to repeat the process.

Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, khetry.4901 said:

By the way, I my question was adressed to Arenanet people, not to you. If you are happy how the game is managed, good for you. I'm not and it's not your concern.

If you didn't want forum users to respond to the thread you've made, you shouldn't make a thread on an open game forum, but instead... not sure, maybe write to support, but somehow I don't think that would change anything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

Didn't you say it's just a game and shouldn't be compared to real world? Something that's not logical to us could be logical to the people living in a game world. I'm not imagining any story, the game tells you, when you hover over the Guild Hall icon on your Guild tab it says "Your guild has claimed the <Guild Hall Name> and is holding it against recapture by <enemy faction>"

33 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

"Your guild has claimed the <Guild Hall Name> and is holding it against recapture by <enemy faction>" You want your Guild Hall back? Take it back.

2 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Now that you mention it why do I have to pay 100g and still do all the work myself? We are being scammed.

You pay for the expedition because I doubt you are carrying all the supplies and whatnot you can see in the Guild Halls on your back walking from Lion's Arch through the Heart of Maguuma across giant ravines or through deep jungles. Or maybe all the way down into the Crystal Desert, across the Desolation or even all the way to Cantha onto a remote island. 
You pay for the expedition so they help you get your stuff there so you won't sit in an empty hole with nothing around you while they run back to Lion's Arch to bring your stuff.
If you don't want to do it by yourself ask friends, Guild Halls are not meant to be captured alone.

37 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

As far as I'm certain the game warns you if you are about to claim a new Guild Hall when you already have one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, khetry.4901 said:

Found a video of them explaining the process to change guild halls.  It starts around 58:10 into it.  Also pay attention to the question Rubi asked them at around the 59:20 mark.  Having to pay for the expedition to reclaim the guild hall is intentional.  That is how it was designed.  It was not a result of them "not taking care".

• Thanks 2

Beyond lore implications (?) saying that you have to abandon the guild hall to go into another guild hall, maybe the devs needed to make it this way to allow upgrades to carry over between guild halls. Or maybe they just wanted to design it as a time and gold sink, calling it a guild activity in the chat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, khetry.4901 said:

I put my question and now I'm waiting a true answer. Because I'm quite sure they do not think as far as to imagine that "the hall will be retake by the bad guys and so if the guild wants to go back they have to fight again..." It is more probably that they do not take in care this scenario.

From June 18th, 2015

The explorers are seeking guilds willing and able to mount expeditions to liberate these ruins, and Tyrian world governments have agreed to cede ownership of the ruins to successful guilds so long as they maintain a presence in those places and defend them from recapture by the dragons.

Mounting an expedition to take one of these ruins is an expensive proposition and requires a certain amount of trust from the Initiative. On top of the costs to supply a population of Initiative guards and support staff to help settle the location once it’s been taken, your guild will actually have to reach the ruins, which is an adventure in itself.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-halls-taken-from-the-enemy/

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Thanks 6