Storms of Winter Event and Bjora Marches general nerf?

dly.2485

Hi,

I was wondering if the Storms of Winter event in Bjora Marches has changed or whether my map was bugged? I am sure on release you had to defeat the Ice Construct before you were able to loot Asgeirs?

Additionally, has the amount of Eternal Ice Shards from each node increased? I am getting 6 or 7 on every node now. I am sure this was less. 

Being in the map today to complete the returned to missions felt so nerfed compared to release it was kinda sad.

Thanks

Edited by carrolltech.9215
  • Confused 1

Second point aside, yeah, I'm fairly sure it's bugged. I've been doing it repeatedly for the mastery point and the meta "successfully" ends after you tether the Construct for the first time. Afterwards, the Construct remains alive and keeps walking towards the fort where it just stands around dealing minor damage. Killing it (which usually takes quite a while) gives no reward whatsoever.

The giant has been bugged since around EoD launch sometime. It seems to autocomplete the event when he spawns leaving him to wander up to the forest uncontested. It is quite funny to watch the npcs attempt to kill him, but his damage aura means it can still hurt anyone nearby.

Its a bug which seems to have been left unfixed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did Icebrood on one character.. i hated every minute of it even if it is nerfed, being forced into meta maps and wvw style pve maps to do my story that reset was not fun at all.. This had to be the worst of the worst story and maps i've ever had to deal with.

It took me hours to solo with that charr group and a vehicle mission.

I'm never going back after i finish this. Nerfed or not it was horrific. No idea which dev thought this design was a good idea..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I just did Icebrood on one character.. i hated every minute of it even if it is nerfed, being forced into meta maps and wvw style pve maps to do my story that reset was not fun at all.. This had to be the worst of the worst story and maps i've ever had to deal with.

It took me hours to solo with that charr group and a vehicle mission.

I'm never going back after i finish this. Nerfed or not it was horrific. No idea which dev thought this design was a good idea..

Be glad that it is even possible to solo the 10 man charr tank instance mate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Be glad that it is even possible to solo the 10 man charr tank instance mate.

It said squad me and the charr /tank was the squad? where is the 10 man instance? also if i didn't solo it i'd still be stuck there today as no one does it anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

It said squad me and the charr /tank was the squad? where is the 10 man instance? also if i didn't solo it i'd still be stuck there today as no one does it anymore.

Did it twice recently, both times there were other people (two and three others, I think). People do it because of the Return achievement, I suppose.

Also, nice rant and all but it has almost entirely nothing to do with the OP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

Did it twice recently, both times there were other people (two and three others, I think). People do it because of the Return achievement, I suppose.

Also, nice rant and all but it has almost entirely nothing to do with the OP.

He said it was nerfed i said its still terrible.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No noone said that, the OP is talking about meta event in bjora marches you came in here and started to talk about the forging steel strike mission in eye of the north.

I was talking about the whole icebrood thing the forging steel was just one example. as is his bjora example.

Funnily i'm on the last part and its actually fun now doing these areas solo.. The rest was horrible.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I was talking about the whole icebrood thing the forging steel was just one example. as is his bjora example.

Funnily i'm on the last part and its actually fun now doing these areas solo.. The rest was horrible.

You find the drms fun?

God I had to bore my self through 1 a day to get the amulet done.

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You find the drms fun?

God I had to bore my self through 1 a day to get the amulet done.

Better than the rest of it.. Nothing in Icebrood has been amazing.

What amulet? I'm just doing them solo.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1