Took a break and came back to play some WvW.... holy kitten what happened.

Odin.6487

2 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

idk what sort of logic you're using if you think guilds = boonblob. do guilds boonblob? ofc. does that mean all guilds boonblob? what do you think? i guess you can't imagine anything other then boonblobs as support for guilds, which is sad. no lol, the strawman about giving 10 pips is obviously dumb and won't work. idk how to do it but there is obviously not enough support or incentive for commanders atm.

I don't know what logic you're using either. You're stating that anet is supporting casuals and boon blobs and not guilds. Meanwhile All boon blobs in wvw are run by guilds as the base for them, you have to have a boon ball in order to run a boon blob which is essentially a boon ball guild running extra important roles, because you know most of them don't take on random useless roles for their zergs.

The guilds are the ones who benefit the most out of those changes because they make the most use out of it by being super organized around it, not the casuals. No matter how you try to twist the logic, whatever benefits a casual would still benefit the organized guilds 2x over, to state guilds aren't supported in the boon changes is laughable.

You're the one coming in here saying 1 pip isn't enough, then I state a generous 10 pips, and you say I'm wrong. Ok so is rewards really the problem or not? cause you say you don't have a clue on how to fix it, and you probably don't even have a clue on why they don't tag up in the first place.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I don't know what logic you're using either. You're stating that anet is supporting casuals and boon blobs and not guilds. Meanwhile All boon blobs in wvw are run by guilds as the base for them, you have to have a boon ball in order to run a boon blob which is essentially a boon ball guild running extra important roles, because you know most of them don't take on random useless roles for their zergs.

For some odd reason, every group game mode(pvp, raids, wvw) is balanced/designed around an EXTREME minority of < 100 players. It's why all of them lose more players than they gain in return. I don't get Anet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The guilds are the ones who benefit the most out of those changes because they make the most use out of it by being super organized around it, not the casuals. No matter how you try to twist the logic, whatever benefits a casual would still benefit the organized guilds 2x over, to state guilds aren't supported in the boon changes is laughable.

You're the one coming in here saying 1 pip isn't enough, then I state a generous 10 pips, and you say I'm wrong. Ok so is rewards really the problem or not? cause you say you don't have a clue on how to fix it, and you probably don't even have a clue on why they don't tag up in the first place.

ur logic is simply flawed. "boonblob" is s pointless term, bc only bad players really form up on a blob against smaller numbers and are therefore just easy kill for any good 20-25~guild

plus, another point that u miss, anet cannot remove players from beeing on voice. but every single player has the option to be on voice. therefore, organizing yourself with others is your own problem.

boons don't really matter at that point. good necros use them against you anyways lmfao

about numbers: the most famous and by far strongest EU guilds of the last some years like Nike, Kill, tF rarely even did run 25 people and destroyed a lot of casual blobs. and on opentags, 35-40 look like a blob often, at least to casual eyes.

and yeah, with 40 good ppl its easy to destroy 60 clouders. and even with 25 after few pushes u chop a huge size of enemies fast down into nothing, if you catch at least 5 ppl in every bomb

@UmbraNoctis.1907

nice but pointless. most people needs to learn first how to play, then they can do movement and bombing on their own. tags are more visual markers, especially pugtags. a good one shows u where to stand, when to push... but if u cannot read that and just yolo, there's no point in this either

if players would be better ( like, all players on all serveres), then pug tags would be even more important. it's basically the mid section of coordination between full monki cloud and voiced tag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

When you've played the same game mode, in the same maps, with the same basic structure, with minimal changes to the meta (Mostly through expac classes coming in, not actual balance changes), for 8+ years, you get really bored of it.

Most of the WvW population left to go play other games with an active dev team. Many of the earlier guilds in WvW (2 to 3 years in) left to go play other games because the meta got stale and boring. Many of the guilds I used to run with moved to games like BDO or more mainstream offerings in the MMO scene.

Basically, the remaining population are either newer players to WvW, or just can't find a better game. It's a shame really because I think GW2 has one of the best competitive game play systems in gaming today, just not a dev team that cares about supporting it.

Edited by gitssac.7302
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, gitssac.7302 said:

When you've played the same game mode, in the same maps, with the same basic structure, with minimal changes to the meta (Mostly through expac classes coming in, not actual balance changes), for 8+ years, you get really bored of it.

Most of the WvW population left to go play other games with an active dev team. Many of the earlier guilds in WvW (2 to 3 years in) left to go play other games because the meta got stale and boring. Many of the guilds I used to run with moved to games like BDO or more mainstream offerings in the MMO scene.

Basically, the remaining population are either newer players to WvW, or just can't find a better game. It's a shame really because I think GW2 has one of the best competitive game play systems in gaming today, just not a dev team that cares about supporting it.

In that first point, that 8+ years is an exaggeration. The meta 8 years ago was very different to how it is today and imo better than it is today. Shortly after HoT release it was also very different since that's where I quit and on returning to the game I had to forget what I knew to learn the new meta and ended up switching class.

I have a similar experience with the other 2 points though except for quitting due to bad changes and returning because even in its current state, I can't find anything that can compete with it.

• Confused 1

as kenny pointed out, those who left early basically been annoyed by the simple meta there then. this was before hot expansion right? anet then brought a lot of new shifts in with HoT and PoF releases. first unimportant DLC for the Wvw meta was basically Eod...

i feel gw2 has simply the best combat system, just not a good handling of the balancing around it. so i doubt that there's a substitute for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/28/2022 at 8:57 AM, Odin.6487 said:

The game mode is just straight up boring now. most of the servers are dead and you have to run around forever just to find a person who runs away. 

let me tell you what happened.

aging...

nobody wants an old lady or an old gentleman if they don't give more to their young partners..😜

p.s. they still reward new 80 level players or characters with one piece of ... exotic gear that is random too!.😂

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

so let me get this straight, are you saying a guild of 15-25 and no pugs is the same as a guild of 30+ with 10 pugs in squad and 10 clouders?

yeah, no kitten the guild blobs benefit the most. thats not being disputed.

i didn't say 1 pip isn't enough, inferring more pips would be better. 

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@aspirine.6852

that is not really correct - and most morning karmatrainers are from RoF, not sfr. and, enough people are around at primetime, just they don't do anything but feeding en masse.

which is kinda inevitable against a matchup with Vabbi or FoW on the other side, to be fair.

Pretty sure dz and arma are not on RoF..