Exotic gear accessibility

2 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

I'm just saying that gear in the other three big MMO's I've played is way easier (and cheaper) to come by. 

im sorry but that is just impossible...  Just doing lousy metaevents for a day will give you upwards of 60 gold or something.. which is enough to completly gear a Character....

are you cleaning your materialbank? Alot of people just farm and farm and farm and stow things in the materialbank... you need to clean it to get the money that you farmed over the last days... you know that? When i started i didnt knew and i thought it was hard to make moeny... when in reality i was rich already.

i hope that helps 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

im sorry but that is just impossible...

are you cleaning your materialbank? Alot of people just farm and farm and farm and stow things in the materialbank... you need to clean it to get the money that you farmed over the last days... you know that? When i started i didnt knew and i thought it was hard to make moeny... when in reality i was rich already.

I'm a crafter, so no I don't clean out my material bank. I only start selling mats unless I've hit the point of the bank being full (so two stacks of 250 each). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

I'm a crafter, so no I don't clean out my material bank. I only start selling mats unless I've hit the point of the bank being full (so two stacks of 250 each). 

AND THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO MONEY 😄

you should always sell everything and then just buy the things that you need. Trust me. some stacks will be worth over 30 gold or something.. just 2 or 3 nice stacks equal completly gearing a character!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

ESO...last I checked, purple gear is one step under the top tier...and the top tier is yellow. It goes green, blue, purple, yellow. Therefore purple would be the equivalent of exotic. I'm able to do everything I want to the point of boredom from the game being too easy for words...short of raiding and veteran group dungeons...because I'm not into group content. My main character...the only one I've been able to stick with long enough to level to CP 600ish...is a stamina warden. 

Color coding means nothing when new sets reuse old color codes or when there is differences in stats between same colored items. A "purple" is not a "purple" when the stats between those sets differ. Also I take any bet that the stat differences between purple and yellow in ESO is vastly greater than exotic to ascended in GW2.

Now I haven't played ESO in years, yet any search for gearing for that game comes up as basically: enjoy and now start grinding towards XYZ. Not something I'd really consider casual friendly.

That's without the previously mentioned depreciation of gear with new epxansion which IS a thing in ESO. So in essence you are comparing apples to oranges because the gear in GW2 certainly has not depreciated in the last 9.5 years. Yes, gearing in ESO might be as "simple" as in GW2, though tbh with even just the amount of wealth gained from logging in daily (around 60-70 gold of login rewards per month with another 60 gold from dailies) you are more than capable to gear a character in best in slot exotic gear. It comes at a price of "useful until XYZ".

And with this game...no I can't sit here and farm gold. I do the quick daily to get 2g and then I'll do the LW3 or LW4 daily if I really need karma. I don't have time to farm gold til the cows come home. I play the game for story and achievements are secondary when there is no story left to play. Last night I spent time leveling a brand new character from scratch because I wanted her to enjoy the story rather than just level-boosting, so there's definitely no gold gain there. Everybody plays for different reasons. Don't assume I'm doing something wrong. Man. 

So you are not gearing or working on your max level character. That is fine (and let's once again forget the passive login rewards which would on their own yield the resources needed to gear that character). Instead you are playing an alt. Also fine. How much progress are you getting in ESO exactly when you are playing an alt again? (also once again ignoring any resources acquired in GW2 while on said alt, in form of crafting materials, which have retained their value in this economy).

What are these nonsensical comparisons where players are willfully ignoring or just blatantly making things up about other games progression in some vein attempt to make this games gearing in any way difficult?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Color coding means nothing when new sets reuse old color codes or when there is differences in stats between same colored items. A "purple" is not a "purple" when the stats between those sets differ. Also I take any bet that the stat differences between purple and yellow in ESO is vastly greater than exotic to ascended in GW2.

Now I haven't played ESO in years, yet any search for gearing for that game comes up as basically: enjoy and now start grinding towards XYZ. Not something I'd really consider casual friendly.

That's without the previously mentioned depreciation of gear with new epxansion which IS a thing in ESO. So in essence you are comparing apples to oranges because the gear in GW2 certainly has not depreciated in the last 9.5 years. Yes, gearing in ESO might be as "simple" as in GW2, though tbh with even just the amount of wealth gained from logging in daily (around 60-70 gold of login rewards with another 60 gold from dailies) you are more than capable to gear a character in best in slot exotic gear. It comes at a price of "useful until XYZ".

So you are not gearing or working on your max level character. That is fine (and let's once again forget the passive login rewards which would on their own yield the resources needed to gear that character). Instead you are playing an alt. Also fine. How much progress are you getting in ESO exactly when you are playing an alt again? (also once again ignoring any resources acquired in GW2 while on said alt, in form of crafting materials, which have retained their value in this economy).

What are these nonsensical comparisons where players are willfully ignoring or just blatantly tying about other games progression in some vein attempt to make this games gearing in any way difficult?

My argument still stands that obtaining gear in games like ESO, SWTOR, and LoTRO is easier (and cheaper). With ESO the set I've been using (good lord don't make me log in to double-check what it is...the build is a stamina warden based on one of the meta build sites) was super easy to obtain. I had enough in-game currency to buy it from the auction house. Done. I don't even know why I bothered leveling a crafter because I'm not using anything she's ever crafted, lol. I have one CP 600ish character because frankly, I don't enjoy the game regardless of how beautiful it is. The story is not engaging enough to keep me interested...though for some odd reason I continue giving them money in the form of buying every expansion. I really need to stop doing that, lol. With LoTRO, top-end gear is easy to come by through quest rewards or reputation vendors. Crafting becomes quite useless before you even hit max level. SWTOR is another game where gear is quite literally given to you and you don't have to bend over backwards to get it. 

And again, I'm not complaining about getting gear in this game. I'm just saying that it's easier to gear end-game characters in the other games I've played, especially with LoTRO and SWTOR, because you don't have to grind for it. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

I'm just stating that I've never been as poor in any other game as I am with this one. 

Is this serious?  GW2 throws gold at you.  I'm a filthy casual and am sitting on over 1300g right now from just playing the game.  Casually.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

My argument still stands that obtaining gear in games like ESO, SWTOR, and LoTRO is easier (and cheaper). With ESO the set I've been using (good lord don't make me log in to double-check what it is...the build is a stamina warden based from one of the meta build sites) was super easy to obtain. I had enough in-game currency to buy it from the auction house.

and you acquired this in-game currency from? Did you not acquire wealth and in-game currency here as well?

Done. I don't even know why I bothered leveling a crafter because I'm not using anything she's ever crafted, lol. I have one CP 600ish character because frankly, I don't enjoy the game regardless of how beautiful it is. The story is not engaging enough to keep me interested...though for some odd reason I continue giving them money in the form of buying every expansion. I really need to stop doing that, lol. With LoTRO, top-end gear is easy to come by through quest rewards or reputation vendors. Crafting becomes quite useless before you even hit max level. SWTOR is another game where gear is quite literally given to you and you don't have to bend over backwards to get it. 

With GW2 end game gear can be purchased for as little as sub 20 gold for a full set. Not a single quest or reputation was completed/grinded. Those 20g were acquired from a few dailies or selling off the Mystic Coins acquired in the first month of log-in rewards.

And again, I'm not complaining about getting gear in this game. I'm just saying that it's easier to gear end-game characters in the other games I've played, especially with LotRO and SWTOR, because you don't have to grind for it. 

You don;t have to grind for it if you have resources left over or if you spend time on doing the said quest lines for those items. How is that different to GW2 exactly? This game rewards materials instead of quest rewards. Those materials can be sold for gold which in turn can be once again used to acquire the gear one craves.

If you are short on gold in GW2, then that can most often be attributed to not actually converting rewards to gold, aka selling off those rewards or in other forms converting them to gold. This game rewards far less liquid gold directly. It is up to the player to convert rewards into gold. That and maybe not spend hundreds of gold per day unless making as much.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Is this serious?  GW2 throws gold at you.  I'm a filthy casual and am sitting on over 1300g right now from just playing the game.  Casually.

Awesome for you? I craft and I just finished another legendary which is a gold sink and a half. So no, I have no in-game gold. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

and you acquired this in-game currency from? Did you not acquire wealth and in-game currency here as well?

With GW2 end game gear can be purchased for as little as sub 20 gold for a full set. Not a single quest or reputation was completed/grinded. Those 20g were acquired from a few dailies or selling off the Mystic Coins acquired in the first month of log-in rewards.

You don;t have to grind for it if you have resources left over or if you spend time on doing the said quest lines for those items. How is that different to GW2 exactly? This game rewards materials instead of quest rewards. Those materials can be sold for gold which in turn can be once again used to acquire the gear one craves.

I've already stated that I don't sell my mats because I need them for crafting. I don't buy gear...I craft it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You can't be serious....

How can I not be serious? If I craft all the gear I need rather than selling my mats to buy it...and then I play the game for story rather than just farming gold, how is it a surprise that I'm not rolling in dough?

Remember, I'm not the one complaining about getting gear...I gear my characters just fine either way. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, DragonMoon.6098 said:

How can I not be serious? If I craft all the gear I need rather than selling my mats to buy it...and then I play the game for story rather than just farming gold, how is it a surprise that I'm not rolling in dough? 

Remember, I'm not the one complaining about getting gear...I gear my characters just fine either way. 

You just said, in your own words:

"I am not using all the rewards I acquire in this game to gear because I am making this ultra high end, very expensive, shiny. This shiny which would allow me to gear 12-20 characters in the gear I am comparing to with other games. But gearing in other games is easier."

That's your comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And "You're rich, you know." 

😄

Actually, the last time I got up to 1300g, I did buy that title.  I wanted to keep a 300g cushion.  Now, I'm back to 1300 and waiting for gem prices to drop again.  Hope springs eternal!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You just said, in your own words:

"I am not using all the rewards I acquire in this game to gear because I am making this ultra high end, very expensive, shiny. This shiny which would allow me to gear 12-20 characters in the gear I am comparing to with other games. But gearing in other games is easier."

That's your comparison.

It is a comparison when two out of three of the other games I mention literally reward you with the gear you need via story. In both, reputation gear is typically only needed/wanted for fashun wars and in-game currency either sits or gets spent on fashun. I'm not saying this game should do the same. I'm ok with having to do VB to get stat-select gear...or craft it.

Maybe I should stop banking all my mats and just start selling everything only to buy stuff if/when I need it later. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kharmin.7683 said:

Actually, the last time I got up to 1300g, I did buy that title.  I wanted to keep a 300g cushion.  Now, I'm back to 1300 and waiting for gem prices to drop again.  Hope springs eternal!

This is one of the things I remember about you. 😄

I'm just about to get to 1k gold for the first as another casual player. My only intentional gold "farming" I do is the daily (most times I log in, not even every) and one time-gated material I craft with and sell. That's a round 5 gold total a log in.

I'd say gold accumulation isn't necessary about what you earn, but more about what you spend. When I was still crafting ascended weapons and buying runes and sigils to set up my nine characters, I never got above 200 gold. Now, most of my characters are in a place where I've settled on their builds, and I only occsasionally will rework one. That means my gold just steadily accumulates, even if it isn't at the 20g/hour or more that farmers tout.

As others have pointed out, I'd probably be signficantly richer if I cleaned out my material storage. I rarely sell mats, because I'm never sure what I might discover a use for. According to GWEffciency I'm sitting on another 1.5k gold in materials.

But this is the wealth of having played for six years or so, three after launch and the last three years. You do steadily accumulate gold in GW2, but it takes time if you're not activally seeking it out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

It is a comparison when two out of three of the other games I mention literally reward you with the gear you need via story. In both, reputation gear is typically only needed/wanted for fashun wars and in-game currency either sits or gets spent on fashun. I'm not saying this game should do the same. I'm ok with having to do VB to get stat-select gear...or craft it.

And I’ve linked boxes that you LITERALLY GET by PLAYING THE GAME.  

🙂

Just sayin..  (and yes, again)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And I’ve linked boxes that you LITERALLY GET by PLAYING THE GAME.  

🙂

Just sayin..  (and yes, again)

Yes, I have a bunch of stat-select achievement rewards sitting in my bank for when they are needed. It's not so much the gear itself that is expensive...it's the runes/sigils, depending on which ones you decide to use. Even crafting those things can be expensive. Thankfully I've started going with builds that use cheaper runes/sigils for the most part. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

Maybe I should stop banking all my mats and just start selling everything only to buy stuff if/when I need it later. 

GW2 does drop gear.  No one needs legendary (or even ascended for that matter) to complete the story.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

Yes, I have a bunch of stat-select achievement rewards sitting in my bank for when they are needed. It's not so much the gear itself that is expensive...it's the runes/sigils, depending on which ones you decide to use. Even crafting those things can be expensive. Thankfully I've started going with builds that use cheaper runes/sigils for the most part. 

So, it's not about exotic gear, then?  It's about sigils/runes?

On 4/29/2022 at 4:02 AM, Seregrin.7812 said:

I always found it a bit odd that certain attribute combinations are easy to obtain, while other ones really hard.
You could get a full set of berserker armour for tenth of the price of a Viper, or Ritualist armour, why?
The new updates give more and more condi builds, and support builds, where berserker is not used, but still getting gear for anything other then berserk is a chore. You could by Berserk gear for karma, which is a currency easy to get, and you can't get any other end-game gear for just karma.

If we just look at EoD content, you can get the Antique armour set for imperial favours and some research notes (1000), a relatively cheap way to get Berserk gear, but if you want Ritualist exotic armour you need more resources (1500 research notes, 60 vial of linseed oil and then some), why? Why the vastly inequality?

I think it is way past the time to have an easy method to get exotic gear with selectable stats, so players could experiment with different classes/different builds.

This concept was started with the accessible ascendant trinkets from lw3-4, so player could get some easy high tier gear (I think those are cheaper then getting exotic trinkets), but that lacks the new EoD stats.

Which is weird, since I would want to use those stats to play a new specialization (as far as I know there isn't many condi+boon builds pre EoD), but to properly gear a condi+alac spectre I would want Ritualist gear, and to get ascendant trinkets I have to grind like 20+ hours to get achievements and enough strike mission currency, just to gear up a character to experience the new play-style possibility from EoD?

Why is any non-berserker endgame attribute combination so difficult to get compared to the good ol' zerk?

I'm with you, i have no idea why they have so many artificial gates to certain gear.. A game that touts its own horn on being casual would want player choice and freedom in class and gear building.. But its far from the case in Gw2.

I can understand other stuff (mounts and such) being grindy, but i really don't understand the whole gear stats being held back.. Especially when 75% of them no one ever uses except a microscopic few..

On 4/29/2022 at 5:25 AM, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

You can get Rabid, Rampager's, Cleric's, Magi's, Soldier's, and Berserker's gear for Karma.  See:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor#Acquisition

Berserker's, Knight's, and Rabid are available from the Mad King's set, which you get for free doing Halloween activities.

Triumphant Armor reward track in WvW gives a stat-selectable piece of exotic armor every time you complete the reward track.

No one really uses them but you can get them heh.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1