Why Didn't Some Elites Get some or any of the "special" armor shown from the Concept art?

Seems to me like a couple classes suffer from this, mainly Harbinger and Vindicator come to mind. Granted, the Vindicator gets the gloves, but for some reason there's a new type of eye-covering not in the game that they're seen wearing. I would have preferred this over the gloves Vindicator got. Specter seems to have two as well (the gloves and half oni mask/mouth) but only gets the gloves. Untamed, overall, looks like a vague imagery of what could be a complete full set, but undetailed for a reason. Mechanist got their gloves.

Actually, now that I think about it... Why did 6/9 elite specs get gloves? One got shoulders (Willbender) and two got headpieces (Catalyst and Untamed). I dunno, seems like very little thought was really put into these elites in terms of names, designs, and the armor piece dedicated to them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

Idk about the rest but Virtuoso got the gloves because Chrono got shoulders and Mirage got the helmet so I assume everyone got something they didn't already have from previous elites...

Like Willbender got shoukders because Firebrand got a helmet and Dragonhunter got gloves...

Vindicator has gloves, Herald has shoulders, Renegade has helmet...

Most got gloves because they previously got a helmet or shoulders.

Here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_specialization_equipment

Seems fine to me.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Neo Mortem.3627 said:

Actually, now that I think about it... Why did 6/9 elite specs get gloves? 

Perhaps to don't overlap with previous specs. Actually u can combo HoT/Pof/EoD.

I really love these combos, and i think is a good direction.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anet has a reputation for never releasing armor they concepted. A long time ago, I argued tooth and nail why so many pieces of the concept armor were not made, and honestly, they can make it all, they just simply choose not to. Why? Idk, you'd have to ask them. For example that armor from the guardian concept where he has the mace and the Flameseeker Prophecies, yeah that's not in the game. The shield made it though.

Instead we got these ridiculous looking outfits that make us look like we belong in a looney parade or a cheap version of sherlock holmes roleplay, like the starborn outfit, just ew.

Edited by Aridon.8362
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Perhaps to don't overlap with previous specs. Actually u can combo HoT/Pof/EoD.

I really love these combos, and i think is a good direction.

Some look great some don't work lol.

Like mirage veil with chrono shoulders and virtuoso gloves. 😛

Doesn't work at all!

But revenant elite stuff all fits great with the revenant armor you get from HoT. 

The gloves are pushing the aesthetic a bit, but they still fit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Some look great some don't work lol.

Like mirage veil with chrono shoulders and virtuoso gloves. 😛

Doesn't work at all!

But revenant elite stuff all fits great with the revenant armor you get from HoT. 

The gloves are pushing the aesthetic a bit, but they still fit. 

unfortunately Anet don't have a good history with looks coherence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

We should have had full sets of armor.. but all we get is one piece of gear that really is pretty random and really ugly.. everything else is hidden behind Black Lion shops and chests..

Nearly every armor these days is either useless stat wise or hidden behind achievements only 10% want to chase to get, the rest is so ugly basic no one wants it anyway or sold for gems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

We should have had full sets of armor.. but all we get is one piece of gear that really is pretty random and really ugly.. everything else is hidden behind Black Lion shops and chests..

Nearly every armor these days is either useless stat wise or hidden behind achievements only 10% want to chase to get, the rest is so ugly basic no one wants it anyway or sold for gems.

The promo art for Willbender shows a human in Warlord's armor, Mark of the Throne, and dual wielding Purifier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

Instead we got these ridiculous looking outfits that make us look like we belong in a looney parade or a cheap version of sherlock holmes roleplay, like the starborn outfit, just ew.

There's no accounting for taste. It's funny though that you mention an outfit that is actually hard to come by as a general example. 

Besides, I happen to like that one. With the helmet turned off, of course.

18 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Even famous cash grab companies like PWE don't use that policy as Anet do.. the policy of free armors being fugly and incomplete sets. 

• Confused 4

On 5/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

, they can make it all, they just simply choose not to. Why?

They don't like money. They've had numerous outfits in the DATs then suddenly trashcanned them without ever releasing them.

8 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the policy of free armors being fugly and incomplete sets. 

Perfectly describes all of EOD's new armor skins.

17 hours ago, Aridon.8362 said:

On 5/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

There may or not be certain unnamed individuals in charge of new armor skins that may or may not be having an influence on this.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Even famous cash grab companies like PWE don't use that policy as Anet do.. the policy of free armors being fugly and incomplete sets. 

Yeah its pretty bad.. Just look at the new easy to get Canthan armors, who on earth would want them, even the NPCs gears look way better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1