"Rune of the Trapper (PvP): Reduced stealth duration from 3 seconds to 1 second"

The Boz.2038

10 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

You were literally comments ago complaining about the how its so UNFAIR that the 90% have to suffer at the hands of the 1%, trap guard dictatorship, and yet here you are, saying "stop whining get good scrub"

The irony. THE IRONY is palpable.

Shoulda known this conversation was gonna be be yet another massive waste of my time. 

Your being stubborn and lacking reading skills isn't my fault. I didn't say it is unfair, i said it is toxic for the game. And that is a Fact.

I said you can play almost anything reasonable in gold or lower if you are halve competent. And that is a fact. Having builds that lets noobs beat other noobs by not improving but preying on their short coming isn't healthy for the game. And that is a fact. PvP population is low enough as its is. And that too is a fact.
If you don't like facts maybe you should watch the fox new you were talking about earlier.

Edit: But you are right this is a waste of time and we should stop.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Hate to break it to you but if the only builds you know how to play are rott builds, you never really knew how to pvp.

You are wrong with your opinion about me. I play other specs and classes well.

I think that in order to play well and read the game in pvp, you need to know all the classes and specs in the game nice.

The fact that I lost my desire to play because of the nerf does not mean that I do not know how to play other classes. =D

Edited by ttuuzz.5082

Let's all do a little side bet...who thinks there will suddenly be a DH buff upcoming since the trapper runes were nerfed, but NOT ranger builds that used it.

It would fit the MO and guardian bias claims if the profession that exploited trapper runes the most gets buffed...whereas the profession that trapper runes were originally designed for (i.e ranger) and for a condi build on ranger that's extinct in virtually ALL levels of play...gets nothing.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SPESHAL.9106 said:

Let's all do a little side bet...who thinks there will suddenly be a DH buff upcoming since the trapper runes were nerfed, but NOT ranger builds that used it.

It would fit the MO and guardian bias claims if the profession that exploited trapper runes the most gets buffed...whereas the profession that trapper runes were originally designed for (i.e ranger) and for a condi build on ranger that's extinct in virtually ALL levels of play...gets nothing.

Nah... all hail the WB!   ... will be the attitude... why go fix up things when you got the new shiny

It amuses me while also making me sad seeing ppl having trouble with such a gimmick class that is Trap DH.

Now it lost what made him a B-Tier class. 

I guess we can't have nice things after all. Back to D-Tier because ppl doesn't know that they can't condi to deny stealth, or use a reveal, or count 1, 2 and dodge while DH is on stealth to avoid the Spear

10 hours ago, ttuuzz.5082 said:

You are wrong with your opinion about me. I play other specs and classes well.

I think that in order to play well and read the game in pvp, you need to know all the classes and specs in the game nice.

The fact that I lost my desire to play because of the nerf does not mean that I do not know how to play other classes. =D

People just can't wrap their mind around the idea that people could like something they don't like. In their minds, if people do, it can only be because they're toxic and are using it as a crutch because they're unable to play anything else. It's the classic zoomer mindset -- what they personally don't like = toxic and therefore should be destroyed. This is why everything gets homogenized in modern gaming; the incessant whining over any different approach, even if the complainers admit said approach is not especially strong or effective; it still minorly inconveniences them in some way, and therefore it's toxic and needs to be removed by the devs. sPVP has players to spare if some quit over losing their favored build, after all, amiright? 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

It amuses me while also making me sad seeing ppl having trouble with such a gimmick class that is Trap DH.

I'm pretty sure they nerfed it cause of untamed and not DH. Sure probably not a A+ Meta build, but going 3 seconds stealth Multiple times while an unleashed Ai hits you seems pretty degenerate to me. 

2 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

I'm pretty sure they nerfed it cause of untamed and not DH. Sure probably not a A+ Meta build, but going 3 seconds stealth Multiple times while an unleashed Ai hits you seems pretty degenerate to me. 

Untammed is indeed in need of a nerf. I got crushed by them with all that stealth-ambush-stab

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Agh god, you're actually probably right. That's one reason that actually makes sense, and that's the worst motivation to nerf it - because a new, more powerful spec is getting more out of it, and of course they can't state in the patch notes that they're screwing over 2 or more B-tier builds to weaken an A-tier build that's going to be just fine without it. Yeah.. it's making sense now.

Edited by ShionKreth.1542
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

I guess we can't have nice things after all. Back to D-Tier because ppl doesn't know that they can't condi to deny stealth, or use a reveal, or count 1, 2 and dodge while DH is on stealth to avoid the Spear

DH was considered S-Tier..... 

since they buffed willbender, but accidentally buffed DH aswell. DH can now run Valkyrie and have 100% more HP and the same damage output than before...  

DH was not just a gimmick class 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

DH was considered S-Tier..... 

since they buffed willbender, but accidentally buffed DH aswell. DH can now run Valkyrie and have 100% more HP and the same damage output than before...  

DH was not just a gimmick class 😄

why would you run Valk DH when Valkbender can deal more damage and maintain Retaliation easier?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

why would you run Valk DH when Valkbender can deal more damage and maintain Retaliation easier?

believe it or not... some people dont want to buy EoD! And some people dont want to get carried by braindead FotM specs.

(not saying DH was any healthier for the game:D i dont play both.)

isnt it ridicilous... DH can hit upwards of 11k with Trueshot... YET WILLBENDER IS STILL CONSIDERED MORE DAMAGE.

Balance is on point....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

believe it or not... some people dont want to buy EoD! And some people dont want to get carried by braindead FotM specs.

(not saying DH was any healthier for the game:D i dont play both.)

isnt it ridicilous... DH can hit upwards of 11k with Trueshot... YET WILLBENDER IS STILL CONSIDERED MORE DAMAGE.

Balance is on point....

You are wrong for a couple reasons:

1. Buying EoD or not it doesn't matter to a META standpoint. Willbender is an S-Tier, Dragonhunter isn't. Just because one doesn't want or have EoD, it doesn't mean DH is S-tier

2.11k with a telegraphed shot that roots you in place. I can just F2 straight into you, dodging the hit and then quickly kill you because youre not using Trapper Runes so you can't detarget me and will just get root and burned down because DH also has waaay less condi cleanse than WB.

3. a whirling wrath on a rooted or chilled enemy hits more than True shot, and also has easier AoE

DH lost what made him viable, the stealth attacks. Now its just a worse version of Ranger. Willbender trumps it in any way possible: Power, Condi, Survivability, Mobility, everything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

it doesn't mean DH is S-tier

DH was considered S-Tier! Atleast according to Teapots spvp-Tierlist, which surprisingly almost everyone in the forum Thread agreed with.

Willbender trumps it in any way possible: Power, Condi, Survivability, Mobility, everything.

And that is just what i was saying... Eventho you had insane 11k+ Hits out of stealth, Willbender was still considered stronger. Idk what you are arguing against.. i think we agree... (except that DH was not S-Tier, according to you, which it infact was according to Teapot and alot of other people in the Forums.)

You asked why anyone would play DH and i just said that some people dont have EoD, and some simply dont like to play the obviously strongest profession, because some people actually dont like "metachasing".

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

DH was consideres S-Tier! Atleast according to Teapots spvp-Tierlist, which surprisingly almost everyone in the forum Thread agreed with.

Willbender trumps it in any way possible: Power, Condi, Survivability, Mobility, everything.

And that is just what i was saying... Eventho you had insane 11k+ Hits out of stealth, Willbender was still considered stronger. Idk what you are arguing against.. i think we agree... (except that DH was not S-Tier, according to you, which it infact was according to Teapot and alot of other people in the Forums.)

You asked why anyone would play DH and i just said that some people dont have EoD, and some simply dont like to play the obviously strongest profession, because some people actually dont like "metachasing" and "winning because of patchnotes".

The issue with Teapot is that his tierlists are often based on the the top competitive play. I don't disagree with him at all, but i care more about "peasant's tier list" for us Plat and below.

What i usualy see in Plat and below is DH being free kills, unless the player is very competent, this makes the class not S-tier to me because of that.

Unlike for example: Harbinger and Untammed (pre trapper nerf) or Mechanist, which were so strong that even half-bad players were dominating the matches. That, to me, makes the class S-tier

I would even argue that WB is not S-Tier, but i understand that im a Guardian main so maybe thats because i know the class so well i know how to perfectly counter it, while the classes i struggle the most against are thieves, weavers and mechanists because i don't have much playtime with em.

im just grieved because DH is my favorite class since i started playing and i just wished they would get some nice QoL like a Charged F2, no Root on True shot and unblockable traps with stealth reveal on them

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

The issue with Teapot is that his tierlists are often based on the the top competitive play. I don't disagree with him at all, but i care more about "peasant's tier list" for us Plat and below.

What i usualy see in Plat and below is DH being free kills, unless the player is very competent, this makes the class not S-tier to me because of that.

Unlike for example: Harbinger and Untammed (pre trapper nerf) or Mechanist, which were so strong that even half-bad players were dominating the matches. That, to me, makes the class S-tier

I would even argue that WB is not S-Tier, but i understand that im a Guardian main so maybe thats because i know the class so well i know how to perfectly counter it, while the classes i struggle the most against are thieves, weavers and mechanists because i don't have much playtime with em.

im just grieved because DH is my favorite class since i started playing and i just wished they would get some nice QoL like a Charged F2, no Root on True shot and unblockable traps with stealth reveal on them

The issue here is, that there is no official Tierlists. So we have to work with what is given to us, and sadly this is everything weve got. (i dont watch gw2 videos so i dont know if there is other content creators that did other tierlists.) The Tierlis was then discussed in the Forum thread and surprisingly ALOT of people were actually agreeing with it. Just because you (obviously a Guardianmain) thinks DH is NOT S-Tier.. doesnt make it true.

You even said that you were hoping for buffs to Dragonhunter... obviously you are very biased here... im sorry. Everyone that doesnt agree with the fact that DH has risen above the stage of a "noobstomper" since the buff to it.. is biased imo. I have seen DH´s completly dominate Plat2 games... People were playing DH with Bow/Greatsword and it was SOOO good. They previously had 11k HP what made them VERY vulnerable to any form of gank... This has changed tho and DH began to thrive.

Charged F2, no Root on True shot and unblockable traps with stealth reveal

LOL.....  Yeah better buff Turbotrapper! what could go wrong... it is a B-Tier build anyways! lol... /s

I would even argue that WB is not S-Tier,

^ There!   You sir just won the award for the most biased Forumpost of the day! Congratulations!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The issue here is, that there is no official Tierlists. So we have to work with what is given to us, and sadly this is everything weve got. (i dont watch gw2 videos so i dont know if there is other content creators that did other tierlists.) The Tierlis was then discussed in the Forum thread and surprisingly ALOT of people were actually agreeing with it. Just because you (obviously a Guardianmain) thinks DH is NOT S-Tier.. doesnt make it true.

You even said that you were hoping for buffs to Dragonhunter... obviously you are very biased here... im sorry. Everyone that doesnt agree with the fact that DH has risen above the stage of a "noobstomper" since the buff to it.. is biased imo. I have seen DH´s completly dominate Plat2 games... People were playing DH with Bow/Greatsword and it was SOOO good.

People, not the class itself.

And as i stated before, i can be a bit biased towards DH, because its my favorite class. But i also have and play 8 more professions and it makes me sad that i can perform better on at least 3 of them with way less playtime, than on my beloved DH. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

People, not the class itself.

And as i stated before, i can be a bit biased towards DH, because its my favorite class. But i also have and play 8 more professions and it makes me sad that i can perform better on at least 3 of them with way less playtime, than on my beloved DH. 

Idk what to tell you...  before the recent nerfs.. DH was the strongest that its ever been!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

Truth of the matter is as follows :

Rune of Trapper was OP for years. The fact that DH has it's identity tied around it in pvp is proof of how OP it is. What is the alternative to rune of the trapper for DH again??? 

The most reasonable change was put an ICD. Everyone knows this. Mostly everyone agrees. A small ICD. 2-3 secs maybe, idk. But an ICD none the less. Can argue over details later. This is where meat and bulk of discussion lies.

The way they did this to DH is disgusting, and such a low blow imo.

However, everyone can agree on the following :

If you are not playing an EoD spec right now, you are at an extreme disadvantage in pvp. That is the honest truth. It sucks feeling this way, but can only take so many willbender/harb combos. Harb 5 especially is ridiculous.

A lingering, pulsing, spammable, AOE float.

Literally the most powerful aoe in the entire game as far as pvp is concerned, I dare you to tell me a stronger one. Anyone who puts their pinky into it is now dinner for the entire enemy team. wtf anet lmfao.

Then you combo with willblender AOE trauma. again, I say, wtf anet lmfao.

It's not fun, and I can only imagine what a new player must be going through right now in terms of pvp. Talk about vastly different perceptions depending on what class you pick. I do not think that is a good look at all for any game mode.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the only the i can think of OP is that a dev thats hiding in pvp (not showing their anet tags) is using it on their main. no one like it and yet it keeps surviving all patches.

to add it basically makes DH and Ranger better thiefs in a combat situation (not necessarily decap stuff) stealth on command without a drain on initiate because they dont have that restriction and everytime they do it they get a burst of SPEED to reposition easily with invisible high damaging traps, while having the benefits of those classes (ranger/guard) that a thief doesn't have. i understand alot of people suck at fighting thiefs so people wont see eye to eye on this and you have people that want to keep the rune in rotation because they use it even if they wont admit, so as far as im concerned the game is in the state its in for a reason. Negligence & trolly devs.

edit: wow noticed they did nerf it but they did it wrong they should have just gave it a 10sec-25sec cool down just like any stealth skill

Edited by Shadow Dragon.1469
oof!..
  • Confused 1