Staff needs buffs not nerfs wth?

solemn.9608

2 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I dont like the changes. But I MIGHT be on board with them if MS was nerfed but could be cast while moving so that you are not a sitting duck. Then reduce the CD of FGS.

It looks like DH with baby gates is the new meta

Yeah, if there was some sort of trade I would've been ok with this but its just a flat nerf to skills that were already under-utilized in WvW lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I dont like the changes. But I MIGHT be on board with them if MS was nerfed but could be cast while moving so that you are not a sitting duck. Then reduce the CD of FGS.

It looks like DH with baby gates is the new meta

Being able to move while casting MS has been requested for sooo long.  And now that MS has been nerfed, it's the absolute minimum they should have done.  But w/e, this is just the type of 'balance' ANET does. 

• Like 3

Anet: "Another World vs. World goal for this update is to bring down some of the primary sources of ranged area-of-effect damage to create more opportunities for melee pushes."

Players: "OMG why are they doing this! Anet have no idea what they are doing!!!"

🙄

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Anet: "Another World vs. World goal for this update is to bring down some of the primary sources of ranged area-of-effect damage to create more opportunities for melee pushes."

Players: "OMG why are they doing this! Anet have no idea what they are doing!!!"

🙄

This is a bad hot take, because a lot of us are saying that yeah the damage nerf can be reasonable if it comes with some QoL changes *not* involving damage numbers. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

This is a bad hot take, because a lot of us are saying that yeah the damage nerf can be reasonable if it comes with some QoL changes *not* involving damage numbers. 

You can say that all you like but balancing isn't a give and take thing. No one should expect to a QoL change in exchange for having a performance nerf.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You can say that all you like but balancing isn't a give and take thing. No one should expect to a QoL change in exchange for having a performance nerf.

Anyone that uses their own expectations for how changes should be made and how the game should work will always be disappointed ... don't be that person. 

Objectively, I agree with your statement. Contextually, you're being so unreasonable it's difficult to properly express how unreasonable you're being.

Anet: "In this patch, we're going to mess things up by altering things that didn't need to be altered. Ranger LB 2 now does minimum 30k damage per hit."

Obtena.7952: "Wow you guys sure are edgy disliking father god arenanet's decisions (I worship thee, please look upon me with joy arenanet, have I brought you satisfaction on this day?). Do not question the infallible balancing team, such is their work; infallible and pure! Don't be one of those people who disagree with my opinions lest I cast the judgement sevenfold! Ye shalt not *disagree with me about anything, or ye shalt receive snide judgement.* Don't expect reasonable balance changes, expect what I expect because what I expect is the only possible truth and my opinion is the only one that matters 🙄 gee you guys sure are self-centered, not me whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

Objectively, I agree with your statement. Contextually, you're being so unreasonable it's difficult to properly express how unreasonable you're being.

Anet: "In this patch, we're going to mess things up by altering things that didn't need to be altered. Ranger LB 2 now does minimum 30k damage per hit."

Obtena.7952: "Wow you guys sure are edgy disliking father god arenanet's decisions (I worship thee, please look upon me with joy arenanet, have I brought you satisfaction on this day?). Do not question the infallible balancing team, such is their work; infallible and pure! Don't be one of those people who disagree with my opinions lest I cast the judgement sevenfold! Ye shalt not *disagree with me about anything, or ye shalt receive snide judgement.* Don't expect reasonable balance changes, expect what I expect because what I expect is the only possible truth and my opinion is the only one that matters 🙄 gee you guys sure are self-centered, not me whatsoever.

There isn't anything unreasonable about what I'm saying here. Obviously staff performance is not aligned with how Anet want people to engage with each other in WvW, so they made some changes that impact that direction. That's a constant of any MMO where devs change things. People playing the victim and pretending to not understand why those changes were made is just an exceptionally bad tactic. 

Again, it's not a give and take here. Don't expect something in return for something that was changed. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

No one should expect sense or reason in an Obtena post.

Anyone that uses their own expectations for how sensible or logical Obtena posts should be will always be disappointed ... don't be that person. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There isn't anything unreasonable about what I'm saying here. Obviously staff performance is not aligned with how Anet want people to engage with each other in WvW, so they changed that. That's a constant of any MMO where devs change things. 

The only thing you've said/are saying is "I like anet's decision. Don't ask why. Be quiet. I'm right. Anet is also right."

Staff DPS Weaver has always had one role - massive dps spikes and good constant dps output. It's incredibly squishy/risky and you have to be highly experienced with it to use it effectively/even reach top damage in competent squads because most enemies will just walk out of your damage if you're not clever about it - all the while you're risking melting to 1 & 2-shots bc in order to get optimal damage you must step outside of your boonball/position.

Most players don't even get that far - most would rather just play an easier class that gives a similar result with less effort. The ones who do should be rewarded, or they won't play it at all. It's like underpaying a hard-working employee - they will just quit. Anet repeatedly nerfs ele into weirdly comparable standing with other classes when they (should) know that it requires twice the amount of effort as every other class and deserves compensation for it.

It's some of the most fun you can even have on this game, absolutely adrenaline-fueled and wholly rewarding in some situations. And in most cases it's more melee than ranged, despite having 1200 range possible. I can't believe anyone would even want to get rid of that. Do they just not like fun? We should all play berserker/reaper? How about no

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

The only thing you've said/are saying is "I like anet's decision. Don't ask why. Be quiet. I'm right. Anet is also right."

No, that's not what I'm saying. I did NOT say I like the decision.

There is a reason Anet made this change and there are people that are ignoring that reason to complain about the change because they don't like it. You can't ignore Anet's reasons for the change, even if you don't like that change. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. There is a reason Anet made this change and there are people that are ignoring that reason to complain about the change because they don't like it ... for obvious reasons. You can't ignore Anet's reasons for the change. 

Thanks for taking that entire 20 seconds to read my response and retort back with "You're wrong I'm right anet is right you're wrong be quiet".

Eloquently stated. I'm done speaking to you 😸

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

Thanks for taking that entire 20 seconds to read my response and retort back with "You're wrong I'm right anet is right you're wrong be quiet".

Eloquently stated. I'm done speaking to you 😸

That's OK with me because somehow you concluded I like the change when I never said anything of the sort ... so clearly you aren't understanding my posts you are discussing with me in the first place. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's OK with me because somehow you concluded I like the change when I never said anything of the sort ... so clearly you aren't understanding my posts you are discussing with me in the first place. 

That was hardly the point of any of my posts. You continue to demonstrate that there is no reason to interact with you on a forum designed for discussion - you are not discussing, you're just here to be Le epic contrarian and it's not contributing to anything.

Everyone else is confused but you've got it all figured out --- great, thanks for stopping by to tell us we're wrong and not being able to even slightly back it up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If this is the path anet thinks ele should be going down then they need to realty think about some how boosting core ele tempest and catalyses dmg on other skills as these classes will be hit the hardest and where its weaver that was the problem for max ranged dps with MS and conja wepon FGS. Maybe some how boost non MS staff skills or even add more condi dmg / soft cc. Maybe making the staff air skills do real dmg.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

SURE ... 

I bolded the things you say aren't the 'point' of your posts which I never said. I'm going to suggest if you are making some point, you don't tell people things they said when they didn't.

Again, there is a higher level consideration here. It's easy to see that how Anet desire people to engage in WvW and how skills work on classes are directly related. 

You're just here to argue. Everyone can see it except you. Not only that, but apparently you have a reputation for ... Doing exactly this.

Please exit the thread, others are trying to discuss like adults.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, solemn.9608 said:

Please exit the thread, others are trying to discuss like adults.

I get you don't want me to be part of the discussion here ... but recognizing the direct link between ele staff skills and Anet's WvW goals is a VERY RELEVANT thing to talk about if you want to complain about this recent change. People simply shouldn't ignore there is a reason for the change just because they don't like it. 

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here ... at this point, all classes have some good melee options ... Anet wants to encourage their use in WvW. What you SHOULD be talking about is how the current melee options are setup to perform in a melee-focused WvW scenario. Personally, I think it's a welcome change to WvW because throwing AOE DPS from range is scrub level play that prevents Anet from being able to make good changes to playstyles that are more aligned to skilled players of these classes. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I get you don't want me to be part of the discussion here ... but recognizing the direct link between ele staff skills and Anet's WvW goals is a VERY RELEVANT thing to talk about if you want to complain about this recent change. People simply shouldn't ignore there is a reason for the change just because they don't like it. 

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here ... at this point, all classes have some good melee options ... Anet wants to encourage their use in WvW. What you SHOULD be talking about is how the current melee options are setup to perform in a melee-focused WvW scenario. Personally, I think it's a welcome change to WvW because throwing AOE DPS from range is scrub level play that prevents Anet from being able to make good changes to playstyles that are more aligned to skilled players of these classes. 

See, it wasn't that difficult to make an effort to discuss. I don't have any problem whatsoever with you participating if this is how you do it ... Prior to this you've not said much beyond "I disagree for reasons" and been a bit snide, prompting some snideness in return...

Nevertheless

>Staff Weaver[ranged DPS] is scrub level play"

>We should all just faceroll keyboard in melee range on presumably tankier, easier to play more forgiving builds instead

You keep ignoring the fact that staff ele is the least popular and most difficult spec in WvW. If your point is that overall ranged damage should be lowered but you have no issue with staff weaver pre-patch, then you would be in agreement, no? This was unnecessary. It should have at least came with some sort of buff to staff's survivability or mobility, at the very least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

See, it wasn't that difficult to make an effort to discuss.

Of course ...I didn't say anything there that was new so ? It's not snide at all to recognize the direct link between Anet's WvW goals and how Staff conflicts with them, especially when Anet DIRECTLY tells us that's the reason they are making the changes. What's REALLY happening here is that people are ignoring the reason because they don't like the change. But just to be sure ... this 'adult' conversation you claim is being had ... is that include your first post where you say Anet balance team is out of their minds and absurd? Just want to understand what standard of 'adult' you plan to hold me to. 

You keep ignoring the fact that staff ele is the least popular and most difficult spec in WvW.

I'm not ignoring it at all because how hard it is to play or or how popular it is doesn't change the fact that  AOE Range DPS is not inline with how Anet wants people to interact in WvW.  You can't ignore the reason Anet tells you they make a change. It's pretty obvious Anet thinks you can't have a Staff pumping out AOE Ranged DPS at the level it was in their vision of what WvW should be. There is no argument with that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Of course ...I didn't say anything there that was new so ? It's not snide at all to (be the only one) in the thread to recognize the direct link between Anet's WvW goals and how Staff conflicts with them, especially when Anet DIRECTLY tells us that's the reason they are making the changes. What's REALLY happening here is that people are ignoring the reason because they don't like the change. But just to be sure ... this 'adult' conversation you claim is being had ... is that include your first post where you say Anet balance team is out of their minds and absurd or was that just a momentary lapse? Just want to understand what standard of 'adult' you plan to accuse me of not meeting. 

I'm not ignoring it at all because how hard it is to play or or how popular it is doesn't change the fact that  AOE Range DPS is not inline with how Anet wants people to interact in WvW.  You can't ignore the reason Anet tells you they make a change. It's pretty obvious Anet thinks you can't have a Staff pumping out AOE Ranged DPS at the level it was in their vision of what WvW should be. There is no argument with that. 

No, I suppose there isn't any argument with what anet has chosen to do. But we all entered this thread knowing fully well that it's "anets design choice", and are here to voice our concerns. You can say we're yelling at clouds all you like but at the end of the day it was an unnecessary nerf imo.

We already had very few people playing staff ele let alone being decent at it. It wasn't a problem lol. Rev hammers are easy and more reliable, and the build itself is tankier... So whatever.. scourge has always been a faceroll meme.. Why should ele be grouped in with the nerfs as if there are more than ~400 players in the whole of WvW who even use it properly to begin with.

I think the nerf would be "in line with their design choices" for WvW if it included a small buff to mobility/survivability. The build/class is squishy AF and now it's not even good at the one thing it was good at lmao.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

🙄

Yes, Anet have no idea what they're doing because meteor shower is not one of the primary sources of ranged aoe damage and does not obstruct melee play in any way.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Coldtart.4785 said:

Yes, Anet have no idea what they're doing because meteor shower is not one of the primary sources of ranged aoe damage and does not obstruct melee play in any way.

You don't know either of these things to be true ... or if they are even relevant to why the change was made. 

I would actually argue quite easily that if Anet want to encourage melee encounters in WvW, nerfing AOE Ranged damage sources is EXACTLY the right way they do that.

This isn't even a stretch in logic to see this is true ... but somehow you are going to argue with me about it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1