What Should I Go For?

So, rather stumped on classes, I want to stick to one singular character but I am having a very hard time finding one that I feel fits me, closest ones are Necro and Mesmer, but I've played both for years and want to try something else. I have Revenant and Thief to level 80 and specced to Vindicator and Specter respectively and tried all of their other specs, I like Vindicator and Specter most, but still feel as though the two don't fit but am willing to continue playing the two until I get a feel for either one if need be.

I guess, I like a particularly mage-y class that has high survivability and decent-great DPS. If GW2 had healers, I would say that I like playing healers that can do very well in solo, but GW2 doesn't, technically. I am very, very shy/anxious so I greatly prefer to solo and I don't do PvP/WvW.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, LittleSoftTail.8405 said:

I guess, I like a particularly mage-y class that has high survivability and decent-great DPS. If GW2 had healers, I would say that I like playing healers that can do very well in solo, but GW2 doesn't, technically. I am very, very shy/anxious so I greatly prefer to solo and I don't do PvP/WvW.

I think you are referring to tempest

12 minutes ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

I think you are referring to tempest

I guess. I know Elementalist, in general, is designed a bit more for healing than most other classes... but as I mentioned in my post showing interest in Elementalist, I am wary of it and for good reason, considering some of them said it's not a good idea to go for it.

Necro and Mesmer feel like magic-users yeah. Also l ike pet-classes where - for the survivability - I remember that nice Chrono-Mesmer build. Ranger with a tanky pet comes in mind here. But not mage-like though.

I would ignore the thief. They have no pets and do not feel mage-like. Nothing like the stuff you played before and nothing like the stuff you are looking fore.

Maybe you could consider the technical stuff as magic - from the engineere lol? 😄 That one can be tanky and also deal good damage as well.

I have only fully played engineer and mesmer through all the maps and story - and the elite specs. (Did not try specter for the thief and the core thief is squishy and basically just jumping around and does not feel like a mage.)

Tbh I also prefer solo play - for similar reasons. Like open world events with other players but finding a group with lfg ... I fear I might be too bad and they might get toxic and stuff. (Got into the fractals up to tier 2 and the 3 easy EoD strikes though. Fracal rush got me into fractals.)

The mechanist was a huge boost for me as engineer - easier and I do not like the top player recommended meta builds that require a lot of keyboard acrobatics. Which is why I dislike thief/ele - at least they core ones seemed to have the highest skill floor out of all the existing professions.

Would look for the gameplay only though. Yes at the beginning I thought "mage uses seem cool" as well. But then disregarded that thought. (Made guardian as my 2nd char - after main engineer. Elementalist as the 3rd one. Ele just felt too annoying to play - the core specs back then - compared to guardian that was a lot easier. Back then when engineer was not that good in open world with only the core stuff and when I was stupid and tried turrets lol.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

I mean, Heal Quickbrand is very similar to a classic healer. Throw on some harriers gear, a mace/shield and staff and you're basically a heal mage.

That being said, while it can perform solo, to maintain your sanity it's best to keep an alternate set of dps gear for solo adventurers.

• Like 1