Best CORE class to solo content with for visually impaired?

Hello.

What is good and easy class/build to solo story missions, hero challenges and generally open world stuff?

Something which doesn't require complex rotation to survive and deal enough damage and is forgiving so I can survive some mistakes.

When I search for similar topic the answer is usually elite specialization but to get that I need to level character first and get enough points to unlock everything so it's not good for someone who is just starting 😄

I tried necromancer with minions but I didn't really like it. It felt somewhat slow and even boring at times.

Which class would you recommend?

Thanks.

Edited by palocundo.1509

• palocundo.1509 changed the title to Best CORE class to solo content with for visually impaired?

Paging @Rogue.8235 who might be able to help.

I'm not sure about a profession but I recommend using equipment which gives some toughness or vitality. You probably don't need both and may not need a lot, but either will make your character more durable which gives you some leeway if you miss a dodge or something.

• Like 3

Well, you tried MM necro and specifically ruled out the elite specs so... I guess the next best option would be a ranger. An extra AI damage sponge is what makes solo OW easy. Failing that, a good option would be a guardian or a warrior traited to heal on meditations and shouts, respectively. Having a utility bar full of skills that heal you is another way of making OW easier.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I misread the question.

People seldom focus on the leveling experience in Gw2, because you won't keep your gear for very long. That's why it's hard to suggest leveling builds - because you're essentially just developing your full level 80 build with whatever gear the story gives you.

The only advice I can give is to try to keep to power builds/weapons - condi is underwhelming before level 80, and condi weapons tend to have poor power scaling. Also, use tomes of mastery to level Revenant - the class feels awful before level 80. xD

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, palocundo.1509 said:

Hello.

What is good and easy class/build to solo story missions, hero challenges and generally open world stuff?

Something which doesn't require complex rotation to survive and deal enough damage and is forgiving so I can survive some mistakes.

When I search for similar topic the answer is usually elite specialization but to get that I need to level character first and get enough points to unlock everything so it's not good for someone who is just starting 😄

I tried necromancer with minions but I didn't really like it. It felt somewhat slow and even boring at times.

Thanks.

Core Engineer with Flamethrower.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, palocundo.1509 said:

Hello.

Thanks.

First suggestion for easy-to-use leveling build is ranger.  First, pick either a bear or a dog when creating the ranger.  Then, try and find the other to tame.  You want 1 bear and 1 dog.    Any bear and any dog will do, you are not at the point where a specific breed matters.

Now, bear is your default pet until you get used to the combat mechanics of the game.  Before you engage any enemy, press F1 to make bear attack the enemy and wait for bear to attack.  Then, after bear engages, go ahead and attack.  This ensures that all the enemies focus on bear, who can handle the damage.  

Dog is useful in that it can CC (crowd control) the enemy.  Dog knocks down enemies so you can have an easier time shooting them.  Dog also does more damage than bear, but can't take as many hits as bear.

For boss fights in the story, start with dog.  After dog attacks a few times use your own CC skills.  Then switch to bear and attack as normal.  This will get rid of the defiance bar (blue bar under the boss's health bar).  

As for weapons, use either a longbow or shortbow.  Use longbow if you want to do power damage, and do not equip anything that says condition damage.  Use shortbow if you want to do condition damage and focous on equipping gear that says condition damage.

For your second weapon set, use greatsword if you use longbow.  Use sword/torch if using shortbow.  These melee weapons are used if you feel like taking a risk and doing lots of damage to the enemy up close.  It's safe to do this when the bad guys focus on bear or when dog knocks down the bad guys.  If you start taking damage, get away and switch back to your bow and let bear/dog take the damage.

That's it, that is the easiest way to play the game if you have no clue what to do in game.  It's perfect for learning how things work and what's going on.  This build will last all the way to level 80 when you beat the first main story.  By then, you'll know how you want to upgrade your build to better suit how you play.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Forgot to add, use action camera when playing with a visual impairment.  It allows you to attack with a lot of leeway for missing the target, as the default settings will auto target for you.

In addition, when an enemy is targeted, us a leap or teleport skill if you lose track of where the target is.  This will automatically move your character to the target without you needing to see where the target is.

As for playing the ranger blind, pay special attention to the noise of your pet.  You'll learn what it's attack sounds are.  GW2 has a 3d sound system built in, so you'll be abole to echolocate targets taht are fighting your pets.  This is what makes ranger so easy.  If you think there's a bad guy nearby, press tab then F1 and let your pet find it for you.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:03 AM, Rogue.8235 said:

Forgot to add, use action camera when playing with a visual impairment.  It allows you to attack with a lot of leeway for missing the target, as the default settings will auto target for you.

In addition, when an enemy is targeted, us a leap or teleport skill if you lose track of where the target is.  This will automatically move your character to the target without you needing to see where the target is.

As for playing the ranger blind, pay special attention to the noise of your pet.  You'll learn what it's attack sounds are.  GW2 has a 3d sound system built in, so you'll be abole to echolocate targets taht are fighting your pets.  This is what makes ranger so easy.  If you think there's a bad guy nearby, press tab then F1 and let your pet find it for you.

oh i didn't know there is action camera. I have to try it 😄 

thanks for the advice 😄 

• Like 1