More thief nerfs

From my personal experience alone do I form this commentary. 

If I generalize, I am referring to my own experience.

I believe that thief, particularly daredevil, is a fun class with potential to reach the highest tiers in pvp.

But, I also believe as you go higher, this becomes increasingly difficult and heavier with every rank point, in TODAYs game.

I rely on blind, evade, and weakness as my primary damage mitigation and negation.

In most thief bars the main damage is loaded into 1 skill, I mean generally, 1 of the skills is a spam choice because of efficiency.

Skills other than this one skill are costly, 5-8 initiative and should be used sparingly and for defense and utility.  

They are not spammable, twice in a row for any means you are tapped out globally.

The best heal for dp was hide in shadows, because stealth and condi clear, but that wasn't always the case.

It is 40s cd.

Blinding powder is 50 s, and shadowstep can help you get away or clear condis.

If you chase a thief with condis after they used shadowstep, and they juke and clear on you, it's your misplaced.

The white circle in the ground is where you should be if they are bleeding out running away.

Even if stealth, just watch the circle disappear and nuke, lol.

If you are playing war, and you don't like weakness and blind, how come your build has no resistance?

There are defenses and attacks for every class, and a way to counter most things.

But most builds won't allow you to counter everything you COULD counter.

This is fair.

You have to choose your purpose and role, and build accordingly.

You are a rock, a paper, or scissors.

You can't be immune to paper, if you are immune to scissors.

And so on.

I think DP thief is in a spot that shouldn't be nerfed.

It doesn't feel ez to play, like the new flavors are.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
(c<)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

Im up for a buff but nerf at same time. Daredevil is weak when in comes to straigth up damage so i would like to see at least a bit of a buff to it. All through its unblockable steal cc is how ever pretty Bad Design so maybe remove the unblockable path of steal and made the range of it a bit larger (from 600 to letz say 900)

EDIT: actually your "just use resistance path" made no sence since warrs only Ressource to resistance are Berserker stance or revenge counter (also feather food and healing Signet passive patch  but one means 45 sec cd stunbrake and the other one is simply too hard nerfed) if you use Berserker stance it mean a loss of bullscharge or one of the 2 stunbrakes and well you need both to get any change to get though the thief since well warrior mobility comes by gs and bullscharge. Revenge counter use would mean no tether so also a way that thief would benefit of if it is not used. As you see use resistance actually mean a straight loss of something you actually need to survive or you need to be able to catch enemys

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Im up for a buff but nerf at same time. Daredevil is weak when in comes to straigth up damage so i would like to see at least a bit of a buff to it. All through its unblockable steal cc is how ever pretty Bad Design so maybe remove the unblockable path of steal and made the range of it a bit larger (from 600 to letz say 900)

EDIT: actually your "just use resistance path" made no sence since warrs only Ressource to resistance are Berserker stance or revenge counter (also feather food and healing Signet passive patch  but one means 45 sec cd stunbrake and the other one is simply too hard nerfed) if you use Berserker stance it mean a loss of bullscharge or one of the 2 stunbrakes and well you need both to get any change to get though the thief since well warrior mobility comes by gs and bullscharge. Revenge counter use would mean no tether so also a way that thief would benefit of if it is not used. As you see use resistance actually mean a straight loss of something you actually need to survive or you need to be able to catch enemys

That's the point.

You have to choose something else.

We all have to choose something else.

Warriors need to understand that you cannot have it all.

You can't.

As a warrior enjoyer myself, the main buff I ask for is damage back into CC damage.

It doesn't have to be wombo combo level, but it should be painful when I break your back.

I 100% believe if warriors had damage on their CC, which they have lost the most damage from in terms of skill totals, they would find their place in the meta once again.

No buffs to sustain, just return all cc damage, at a reduced price and warrior will thrive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Also, the sustain of warrior is depressing without MMR, definitely needs more sustain options, having busted like the clone of troll unguent (bladesworn heal) and mending, isn't enough.

Then no damage back on CC, and fine.

You do not get it all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

That's the point.

You have to choose something else.

We all have to choose something else.

Warriors need to understand that you cannot have it all.

You can't.

As a warrior enjoyer myself, the main buff I ask for is damage back into CC damage.

It doesn't have to be wombo combo level, but it should be painful when I break your back.

I 100% believe if warriors had damage on their CC, which they have lost the most damage from in terms of skill totals, they would find their place in the meta once again.

No buffs to sustain, just return all cc damage, at a reduced price and warrior will thrive.

I do play core war, I do be playing Berserker Stance. 

But no matter what you play. The thief war matchup is dictated by thief. If the thief is good enough you lose.

This statement is mostly targetet at power DD.

If DDs dodge roll was the same length as any other it would change the matchup more than you think btw. Rollcatch with axe and shield would work as well as run arcing slice would be an option.

Hang on Swing and pray, wait for the mistake. That is what you do.

Spb has more options in fc and tether.

There is no need for dmg on CC. in fact it would be even more punishing to miss a CC Attack. Id rather had a buff to AAs or T3 Butst skills.

Edited by Alabastrum.9361
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Crab Fear.8623 well thats why i said give US something (dmg or defence) unique. Every class got its specials (thief stealth dodge /mesmer clones/ engi its kits/ necro second lifebar or barrier and such things) why not warriors unique special would be damage on cc? It would at least let the class do finaly enough damage. we all know damage is the best defence so i dont think besides Berserker there is no defence buff needed. (A un nerfed 300cd traitline and warrs defence would be good at all)

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

ell thats why i said give US something (dmg or defence) unique. Every class got its specials (thief stealth dodge /mesmer clones/ engi its kits/ necro second lifebar or barrier and such things)

So, warrior shouldnt have burst skills and traits that being proc'd from it...?

Have you ever played mesmer/engi ... ever? 

thief stealth dodge

Thats a DE trait...

What a "unique special" lmao

why not warriors unique special would be damage on cc

Dying while being permanently stunned despite wasting million breakstuns is fun /s

Edited by semak.7481
  • Confused 1

(quoted the wrong person, but for all commenting about mesmer in this thread)

Mesmer will also struggle to stay meta because of the unfair core design. Anet should have stayed with OG mesmer, and hexes, interupts, and domination.Making them a bargain store thief with clones and mid tier health was begging to fail. Either they are too strong, or niche at best. It will take a total rework for them to find a permanent spot.

They are a temporary illusion, by design.Thief will be forever because they are a true rogue, Anet messed up by not making Mesmer original. Taking the mechanics of adds from necro and mixing the stealth of thief and the invuln of eles and you have a poop soup destined to be flushed down the toilet. Mesmer mains always try to get thief nerfed, because they want to assume that role.

Thief is more popular of class and actually designed correctly.Mesmer mains should be on the quest for a total redesign from the ground up, and have it more like the original.Hexes, increasing skill cooldowns, interupts, conditions, and skill use punishment (active, not as blundering as confusion).

When mesmer is strong, it is too easy. When it is weak, it is still good enough for bots because of the AI and instant casts.Anet doubled down on the hot mess with Mirage, and now look.VIrtuoso could have been the one, but they replaced clones with blades, should have took it back to the roots.

😞

Edited by Gundam Style.8495
phone browser formatting
  • Confused 1

@semak.7481 i would say burst skills are the unique thing maybe but since anet nerfs every Single "burst" skill so it isnt more usefull than the actually normal weapon skills well..... (beside arcing slice thats the only one that is not actually nerfed to nothingness)

But also a damage to ccs would help the class to punish ranged classes since its melee only

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@semak.7481 i would say burst skills are the unique thing maybe but since anet nerfs every Single "burst" skill so it isnt more usefull than the actually normal weapon skills well..... (beside arcing slice thats the only one that is not actually nerfed to nothingness)

But also a damage to ccs would help the class to punish ranged classes since its melee only

Warrior is alrdy can stunlock you so hard, that even with 2 stunbreaks you will spend 20 seconds AFK while he kills you with 9k hammerslaps, now he will be killing you super fast while you cant move... come on.

Spoiler

I mean, core mesmer is a dog, look at chrono, I cant find an elite spec to be worse. 

Chrono promised unique alacrity access... ? Look at all classes, they gave it like a candy and now harbringer roflfacing and effrotlessly sharing quickness in shroud while "time mage" cries in the corner because his identity was stolen and split is a meme on 90s cd, imagine necro shroud on 90s cd, holo forge 90s cd, steal 90s cd and so on. 

Point of this rant, you are not alone who's core is bad and elite specs are in dumpster.

• Confused 1

@semak.7481it can stunlock.... but it cant damage while stunlock enemy so its useless ^^ to stunlock enemy. And besides this fact a necro could also stunlock ya but deal insane damage. Also i would prefer less cc and doing at least damage instead of stunlock and hit enemys with a stick as weapon ^^

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@semak.7481it can stunlock.... but it cant damage while stunlock enemy so its useless ^^ to stunlock enemy. And besides this fact a necro could also stunlock ya but deal insane damage. Also i would prefer less cc and doing at least damage instead of stunlock and hit enemys with a stick as weapon ^^

I mean, thats a meme tier RN , give it damage, it wouldnt be funny anymore. What can I say, praise cmc for making game "better"

• Confused 1