Linked with fissure of Woe

ziggy.7368

1 hour ago, ziggy.7368 said:

Not kidding around, ANet. If you link us (Arborstone) with these knuckle draggers again (FoW), 4 appaling months already, I will be expecting a kittening refund. Fair warning.

The only good thing about the "roamers"/gankers all moving to a single server is that they aren't polluting other servers with their awful attitude.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Whenever we're up against FoW (which we are right now), it's just terrible. I'm not sure what they eat for breakfast every day, but it makes them annoying...really annoying. They just don't know when to let go. They seem to love hunting down roamers with guild groups and making maps unplayable. Particularly outside of prime hours.

Last night they controlled EB. We weren't that many and they came racing over with groups of 10-20 to beat up on 2-3 players trying to cap a camp. I mean where's the fun in that? I would've thought that would get old real soon, but not for FoW.

/shrug

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

It's not the fault of FoW but of the Arena net team who have done absolutely nothing to stem this problem.

We have 2 active servers FoW and WsR. The other servers are dead and only active in prime time.

So you can blame Anet for leaving 5 Tier in WvW, including 27 servers that are half empty for WvW. It's been like this for at least 3 years now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Turgon.2091 said:

It's not the fault of FoW but of the Arena net team who have done absolutely nothing to stem this problem.

We have 2 active servers FoW and WsR. The other servers are dead and only active in prime time.

So you can blame Anet for leaving 5 Tier in WvW, including 27 servers that are half empty for WvW. It's been like this for at least 3 years now.

But are Anet to blame for the attitude of players?

• Confused 3

if you look on gw2 stats you can count 470.000 deaths in 7 days. that only 2 servers are active and all the others dead, I disagree.

you can tell me that for your expectations you prefer to see more maps in the queue and more players on the maps, and then I could agree with you.

personally I would only like numerically equal teams with reworked transfers. 5 tiers = 15 equal teams.

does this condition generate little content? I don't know we're going to see. you can actually upgrade to 4 tiers = 12 equal teams.

I don't want to blame arenanet but I want to ask arenanet. what do you think arenanet? too much work? impossible to obtain?

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

All the gank guilds and squads bandwagoned to FoW a while ago. If you play the game for a few years, then you are familiar with these specific players and how they act. I do actually like that they are on one server and usually concentrated on EBG. Makes it easy to avoid them (either don't play WvW for that week or focus on borderlands).

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

All the gank guilds and squads bandwagoned to FoW a while ago. If you play the game for a few years, then you are familiar with these specific players and how they act. I do actually like that they are on one server and usually concentrated on EBG. Makes it easy to avoid them (either don't play WvW for that week or focus on borderlands).

Most of them are in EBG yeah but there are also quite a bit of them who literally stalk you in BLs and they are always fairly active in their home bl aswell., even when youre a guild looking to fight other guilds you still catch those annoying mosquitos.
I really dont get the entertainment of stalking a 25 man guild raid, ganking on couple people who they even cant kill and then running off to Africa if the guild turns around to help the ones getting ganked.

Even if i were to play the devils advocate and say some of them manage to kill someone they ganked on whose there for the raid then what is there to boast about? The ganker literally killed someone not interested in his roaming kitten, has a build meant for large scale fights so whats the achievement on this? I just dont get those people on the entertainment value and tbh it feels pretty cringey if anything else.

Edited by Arctisavange.7261
  • Confused 2

Bottom line is: for people who want to fight, wvw is only worth playing if you can't fight and need to outnumber your opponents to kill them. Those who can really play and want to fight either play pvp or gvg. I guess FoW is home to a bunch of inept players who can't do any better and I say this knowing 90% of my main guild has been on FoW since it was the smallest server on EU...

Edit: in other words I'm saying those who gank in group are inept players who play wvw because they would just get stomped over and over and over in pvp or gvg. There is no way a skilled player would enjoy that kind of gameplay since he could just do the same thing without outnumbering the opponents 2:1 (or more, apparently).

Edited by Karagee.6830
Edited because someone was confused...
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, Turgon.2091 said:

AHHH YES! and here we are (Gunnars hold) actually hosting WsR.....   guess Gunnars is dead /shrug