You can turn DE meta into a loot train now

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, if you think that devs marked that event wrong for what they said they intended this event to be, go argue with them. Until you win that argument, i'll go with their opinion, not yours.

They didn't mark it as story content. Again, launch your story journal or try progressing the story through meta event. Get back here with your results.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Hold up, are you saying when I use LB4 on a mob that is about to die that someone else is melee on it - it was the wrong thing to do? 🙂

Though I will admit, you really do need to learn like what each button does off by heart essentially, like using sword on my Ranger, and yeeting myself off edges to deaths is common when learning. 

If you're able to delete the mob anyways (by proccing the + damage on CC traits) very quickly there will be no complaints. It's just that a lot of people don't do any damage either. OTOH if this is a large meta event and most people are ranged, I'm more than happy enough to range as well instead of hitting a head against brick wall.

Now supports knocking stuff away I have no comment.

In any case, it's safer for many to spam just 1 and 2 and the only hard thing is to find a build that relies on that.

Ok, there's one exception-- yaks in WvW in a group. You only need one hit to tag that.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

I can't understand how it's not clear that this event is indeed part of story. One big and very important character shows up on map and you help to deal with it. 

Launch the actual story content in your story journal and everything should become crystal clear for you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Launch the actual story content in your story journal and everything should become crystal clear for you.

And do the actual content  + watch the blogpost of the devs and will make it even clear that is aprt of the story

If you want "hardcore stuff" , then ask to created content like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak , outside the story

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And do the actual content  + watch the blogpost of the devs and will make it even clear

If you want "hardcore stuff" , then ask to created content like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak , outside the story

Nothing hardcore about the story instance Soo Won https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Only_One , I don't know why you keep repeating this sentence as if it's supposed to mean anything here.

And that's the point here. This meta event is not a story content, so why am I supposed to ask for anything here? That meta event is already outside of the story content. The soo won within the story content is played in the chapter linked above. Launch it already and follow the green markers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Nothing hardcore about the story instance Soo Won https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Only_One , I don't know why you keep repeating this sentence as if it's supposed to mean anything here.

What  the story instance have to do , if it's easy or hard  ?

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

What  the story instance have to do , if it's easy or hard  ?

For the last 3 pages we're talking about story content and you're asking "what story instance have to do"? Everything.

I don't know what you're talking about here now, but you sure are making up some weird claims about me "wanting something else here". It already has soo won in story instance, accessible through story journal which is easy. Then it has a group verison in OW and strike missions. I don't need to "ask" for anything or change anything, because I'm completely fine with how it currently is.

Moreover, you're trying to talk about this meta event -which, again, is outside of the story journal and doesn't influence actual story content in any way- while... comparing it to other similar meta events. So it is exactly what you claim I should be "asking for"? :classic_blink: It already is a meta event like CI/TT/Chak.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

For the last 3 pages we're talking about story content and you're asking "what story instance have to do"? Everything.

I don't know what you're talking about here now, but you sure are making up some weird claims about me "wanting something else here". It already has soo won in story instance, accessible through story journal which is easy. Then it has a group verison in OW and strike missions. I don't need to "ask" for anything or change anything, because I'm completely fine with how it currently is.

Moreover, you're trying to talk about this meta event -which, again, is outside of the story journal and doesn't influence actual story content in any way- while... comparing it to other meta events. So it is exactly what you claim I should be "asking for"? :classic_blink:

For the 3 pages we are talking that you don't think that Soo meta is part of the  story , and it a hardmode where people should learn the game .

• Confused 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

For the 3 pages we are talking that you don't think that Soo meta is part of the  story , and it a hardmode where people should learn the game .

Because the meta is not the part of the story. If you want to progress the story, all you need to do is follow the story journal markers, which have nothing to do with the meta event itself. Go replay it and see for yourself, never touch the meta event and progress the story. What you're doing in the story has 0 influence on the meta event and what you're doing in that meta event has 0 influence on your story content. Which part of that is still unclear for you?

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I don't need to ask for anything like that, since that's already what that meta event is, thanks.

• Confused 3

Because the meta is not the part of the story. If you want to progress the story, all you need to do is follow the story journal markers, which have nothing to do with the meta event itself. Go replay it and see for yourself, never touch the meta event and progress the story. What you're doing in the story has 0 influence on the meta event and what you're doing in that meta event has 0 influence on your story content. Which part of that is still unclear for you?

I don't need to ask for anything like that, since that's already what that meta event is, thanks.

Story is for people to enjoy

Stop telling other people lies , like:

"And it still does. This meta has nothing to do with actual story content. You don't even need to ever participate in this meta to finish the full story. But the complaint here isn't about "most content" or "story", it's that "it's not always true and they said it will be!". It was never true. You know it, I know it, Astralp knows it. "

(you know you have to some day stop with the "lie" phrase and the circullar conversation , but we will get there someday)

• Confused 1

Story is for people to enjoy

It.. already is outside of the story and that's exactly the point here. You clearly don't understand the difference between story content (soo won in this story stephttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Only_One ) and OW meta event that isn't part of the story content (like the DE meta event or mentioned by you CI/TT/Chak, which all are in the same category).

That's the last response you get from me for now, since you're clearly just not interested in responding to what you're quoting.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They didn't mark it as story content.

But they said they consider it to be (an important) part of it. So, either they made a mistake in not marking it properly, or they simply disagree with you that the marking (and placing it in Story Journal) is necessary to make it a story content. Neither of those options makes that event anythin but story finale however.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

But they said they consider it to be (an important) part of it. So, either they made a mistake in not marking it properly, or they simply disagree with you that the marking (and placing it in Story Journal) is necessary to make it a story content. Neither of those options makes that event anythin but story finale however.

"But they said", but they didn't mark it as story content in any way, no matter how hard you'll try to cling onto the marketing phrases all of the sudden. The culmination of the story is in the story journal events. The fact that you can then play its group versions in OW or SM doesn't suddenly make them story content and never did. But at least now I know you think whenever you're entering your home instance, you think you're replaying the story content, ok.

Open your story journal and tell me how you're progressing to its last step. Is it through playing the meta event? Or is it through playing your story content/instance? 😴

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hey, open your story journal and tell me how you're progressing to its last step. Is it through playing the meta event? Or is it through playing your story instance? 😴

Apparently for devs "last step of the story journal" and "the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years" do not have to be the same things. Because that very epic finale is not in the Story Journal. And yet they still consider it to be the finale.

So, it seems, devs disagree with you about whether important story content needs to be part of the Journal or not. But then, we knew that since we've got the first dungeon story parth, so it's hardly new. After 10 years you should've noticed that already.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Apparently for devs "last step of the story journal" and "the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years" do not have to be the same things. Because that very epic finale is not in the Story Journal.

So, it seems, devs disagree with you about whether important story content needs to be part of the Journal or not. But then, we knew that since we've got the first dungeon story parth, so it's hardly new. After 10 years you should've noticed that already.

Did you go through your story journal at least once? Did participating/not participating/succeeding/failing the meta influence the story content in absolutely any way? No? That's right, because it's not part of the story content.

And btw you're not speaking for the devs, so don't make claims about disagreeing with anyone for them. Instead launch the story made by the devs and prove yourself wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Did you go through your story journal at least ones? Did participating/not participating/succeeding/failing the meta influenced the story content in absolutely any way? No? That's right, because it's not part of the story content.

And btw you're not speaking for the devs, so don't make claims about disagreeing with anyone for them. Instead launch the story made by the devs and prove yourself wrong.

Who told you that the OW is not part of the story ?

Because the devs clearly did , on the blogpost , discussing the difficulty of the meta

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you go through your story journal at least ones? Did participating/not participating/succeeding/failing the meta influenced the story content in absolutely any way? No? That's right, because it's not part of the story content.

Did you go through the dungeon story paths? Did it affect Story Journal in any way? No? Maybe it's because Story Journal is only part of the story, and not the whole of it?

Fact remains, DE still remains "the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years". Whether it is part of the Story Journal or not. If you disagree, you disagree with Anet's official stance, not with me.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you go through your story journal at least once? Did participating/not participating/succeeding/failing the meta influence the story content in absolutely any way? No? That's right, because it's not part of the story content.

You can continue with story QUEST without this event but that doesn't mean it is not part of the story.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Who told you that the OW is not part of the story ?

Story journal, already informed you about it many, many times. Instead of asking new questions about things I've already responded to, maybe instead start responding to what I said in my posts above.

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

It already is outside of the story. EXACTLY like CI/TT/Chak. Here you can even find timers for all of these meta events that are classified EXACTLY the same: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

You can continue with story QUEST without this event but that doesn't mean it is not part of the story.  

No, no, it's not even about wheher or not "you can continue it without it", it's that it has 0 influence on the story. In fact, if you kill the soo won in meta event, then killing it again in the story journal makes no sense, since if both of these events are supposed to be your story content, you've already killed it 🤦‍♂️  It just isn't part of the story content. It's a group take on the event from your story content. How is this still so hard to understand for you?

• Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

No need to ask. Its here.

Well I wouldnt call it hardcore but it's nicely balanced difficulty wise imo. Lenght wise, too long.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1