You can turn DE meta into a loot train now

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you understand what the "story content" means in this game? Beacuse you seem to not understand it in an attempt to find any strawman you can. Just because the boss is used both in story content and in an OW meta, doesn't mean that both are the same.

Yes i understand the story content (blind end HoT boss) and use the open meta to attack in the same time , his outside body -cordinated attacks . Or even PoF ones

Do you understand it ?

Where did they say that it's not part of the story ? Could youlink it ?

Why do you uses quotes and try to spread miss-informations ?

"And it still does. This meta has nothing to do with actual story content. You don't even need to ever participate in this meta to finish the full story. But the complaint here isn't about "most content" or "story", it's that "it's not always true and they said it will be!". It was never true. You know it, I know it, Astralp knows it. "

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

But that is how it played out for story and almost all of OW.  You can play in the way you want. Using any build and any trait setup. And you'd still have a good time. 

This has not been my experience, not even close.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yes i understand the story content (blind end HoT boss) and use the open meta to attack in the same time , his outside body -cordinated attacks . Or even PoF ones

Do you understand it ?

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Story content is separate from the meta. If you fail to understand that, replay (or who knows, maybe play it the first time?) the story and watch where it directs you. Finishing the story content has nothing to do with participating in that meta.

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Why do you uses quotes and try to spread miss-informations ?

The only misinformation here is you not understanding the absolute basics of the game in the form of recognizing what the story content is in this game. Linked it in the previous post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Story content is separate from the meta. If you fail to understand that, replay (or who knows, maybe play it the first time?) the story and watch where it directs you. Finishing the story content has nothing to do with participating in that meta.

The only misinformation here is you not understanding the basics of what the story content is in this game. Linked it in the previous post.

We...attack...the..heart...of...the...Pof...boss..in..our...solo instance...

In ...the...meanwhile...outside..the..boss..body...a..huge...army(zerg-doing the OW event) ...is...attacking..in.. the.. same.. time

Both..scenarios are part of the samestory , beating down the big bad  .. Hence they say that the OW meta is part of the 10 years consulion story .

So plzz stop using lies and  misinformations.

And never use quotes like these :

"And it still does. This meta has nothing to do with actual story content. You don't even need to ever participate in this meta to finish the full story. But the complaint here isn't about "most content" or "story", it's that "it's not always true and they said it will be!". It was never true. You know it, I know it, Astralp knows it. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We...attack...the..heart...of...the...Pof...boss..in..our...solo instance...

In ...the...meanwhile...outside..the..boss..body...a..huge...army(zerg-doing the OW event) ...is...attacking..in.. the.. same.. time

Both..scenarios are part of the same body .. Hence they say that the OW meta is part of the 10 years consulion story .

Lauch the story and follow green markers. Finishing the story content has nothing to do with actual participation in the meta event.

And no, it's not "at the same time", both of these things are disconnected from the each other. The dragon, whose heart you're attaacking in that instance is... also in that instance. These are not parts of the same event. You're not somehow "sitting in the story instance and attacking the meta-event boss' heart". That's not how it works. Apparently you missed what you were doing there. As I already said: have fun replaying it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lauch the story and follow green markers. Finishing the story content has nothing to do with actual participation in the meta event.

And no, it's not "at the same time", both of these things are disconnected from the each other. The dragon, whose heart you're attaacking in that instance is... also in that instance.

And yet , while i am joining the zerg to beat his body , a "hero that saves " Tyria(Commander) was the ones to infiltrate his heart and beat it .

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And yet , while i am joining the zerg to beat his body , a "hero that saves " Tyria(Commander) was the ones to infiltrate his heart and beat it .

Again, what are you even talking about?

Go launch a story and prove yourself wrong, cya. 🙋‍♂️

(psst and apparently you didn't understand the what you're trying to repeatedly quote at me either, which is the only reason I'm not even bothering with responding to that -because if you still don't understand what "story content" actually is, I know attempting to explain anything else here will be just as futile. Maybe it really is the language barrier. Absolutely replay the story though.)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

By definition, in terms of lore and story, they cannot be happening for YOU at the same because there is no character ability to be in two places at the same time in GW2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

For what content did you need a build dealing medium to high DPS in OW?

I dunno I feel like there has never been a moment where I wasn’t trying my best anywhere in OW. It would never occur to me that it was a place to take it easy. I am not a hardcore player but I don’t buy the idea the game never intended for you to try, fail, try some more, maybe learning a bit how to do more dps or sustain.

Edited by Hashberry.4510
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you understand what the "story content" means in this game? Beacuse you seem to not understand it in an attempt to find any strawman you can. Just because the boss is used both in story content and in an OW meta, doesn't mean that both are the same. Honestly, this is really not that complicated. You literally have the "Story journal" to pinpoint what the "story content" actually is -and again(x2? x3?) you don't need to ever participate in that meta to finish the story.

So, you're saying that when Anet said about the DE meta that "It’s the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years" it was untrue, and they did not really mean it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, you're saying that when Anet said about the DE meta that "It’s the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years" it was untrue, and they did not really mean it?

So you're seriously saying you don't understand what the story content is in this game? 🤨 You're dealing with soo won both in OW and in Story. That doesn't mean that the meta event is the same as story content. This is not that complicated.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you're seriously saying you don't understand what the story content is in this game? 🤨 You're dealing with soo won both in OW and in Story. That doesn't mean that the meta event is the same as story content. This is not that complicated.

Again, those are not my words,. but Anet's. Are you suggesting they have no idea what they're speaking about?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, those are not my words,. but Anet's. Are you suggesting they have no idea what they're speaking about?

Again, do you understand what story content means in this game?

Here i thought you were the person that advocated reading comprehension and google fu. So literally google "Gw2 story" to refresh your own memory. Or, you know what... Lets not risk further deflecting, here's the not-so-subtle hint: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

Just because you can replay the story content in their own group-oriented versions in open world or strike mission, does not mean these OW/SM events are story content. Again, this really shouldn't be that hard to understand for someone who's playing this game for so long.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

I dunno I feel like there has never been a moment where I wasn’t trying my best anywhere in OW. It would never occur to me that it was a place to take it easy. I am not a hardcore player but I don’t buy the idea the game never intended for you to try, fail, try some more, maybe learning a bit how to do more dps or sustain.

Please don't misunderstand me.

The point I'm making is not about succeeding when you intentionally play terribly. 

The point is that despite trying a lot of players end up with setups that perform far below expectations you'd have in instanced content. Seriously trying is enough for (most of) OW though (shoutout to DE). You don't necessarily have to succeed at making a decent build in order to have any chance at succeeding at the content. 

The point is. Poor build choices don't make success impossible. Good choices just make it easier. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Again, it's not me that insists on considering that event to be part of the story. It's Anet. You may think they have made a mistake and complain to them, but unless you succeed in persuading them to change their view to yours, i will go with the current official standing. Which is that DE is (to quote devs again) "the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years".

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, it's not me that insists on considering that event to be part of the story. It's Anet. You may think they have made a mistake and complain to them, but unless you succeed in persuading them to change their view to yours, i will go with the current official standing. Which is that DE is (to quote devs again) "the epic finale of a story arc told over the course of 10 years".

Yes, this is you insisting on knowingly dodging what the story content in gw2 very clearly is.

I guess you think you're playing story content whenever you enter your home instance, since that's the place actual story content also uses 🙄

Just because you can replay the story content in their own group-oriented versions in open world or strike mission, does not mean these OW/SM events are story content. Again, this really shouldn't be that hard to understand for someone who's playing this game for so long. Finishing story content has nothing to do with participating in that meta event.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Here i thought you were the person that advocated reading comprehension and google fu. So literally google "Gw2 story" to refresh your own memory. Or, you know what... Lets not risk further deflecting, here's the not-so-subtle hint: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

Just because you can replay the story content in their own group-oriented versions in open world or strike mission, does not mean these OW/SM events are story content. Again, this really shouldn't be that hard to understand for someone who's playing this game for so long.

If you don't know  that the story instance and the OW version ARE A CORDINATED ATTACKS , that happens "thematically" in the same time , i don't know what to tell you...

If i am the in the instance...i am the hero that penetrated the inside the boss and did a crusial thing , while the armires  of the zerg are doing A CORINATED ATTACK.

While if i ones of the masses -zerg , i am a nameless irrelevant person , while a "Commander" ...hero a Tyria ....not me is doing the crucial part of killing him from the inside .

Do not ever tell things :

If you dont understand stop insisting on the lies

Ow meta is part of the story ...not an hardmode of the story..or to teach people ..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, this is you insisting on knowingly dodging what the story content in gw2 very clearly is.

I guess you think you're playing story content whenever you enter your home instance, since that's the place actual story content also uses 🙄

And? Does what you said here make that dev statement i quoted suddenly disappear and not count?

You may be splitting hairs about the difference between strict and general understanding of "story content", but if you keep insisting that DE meta is not part of the story, currently, as by official dev statement, you are objectively in the wrong. No matter how much wordplay will you try to use here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And? Does what you said here make that dev statement i quoted suddenly disappear and not count?

Ah yes, my favorite type of response. The meaningless, empty "and?"

And exactly what I said. Just because something uses story content to make it into group events -like OW meta event or relevant strike mission- in no way means those OW/SM events are story content. Because they're not. Story content is the story content. What "and?" do you think is supposed to be here? 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ah yes, my favorite type of response. The meaningless and hopeless "and?"

And exactly what I said. Just because something uses story content to make it into group events -like OW meta event or relevant strike mission- in no way means those OW/SM events are story content. Because they're not. Story content is the story content. What "and?" do you think is supposed to be here? 🙄

They are part of the story .

The climax of 10 year story , based on the devs

Not a hardmode instance

Cleaning Ire/TT is a OW hardmode area , not part of the story . That's kind of of Metas must be created if you want "chalenge"

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You seem to misunderstand the quote. It is just like Dragons Stand. You experience the story fight in your story instance. The meta event is not part of the story content. Of course in Open World they tell a story and the quote is of course correct, but the meta event is not part of your story journal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah yes, my favorite type of response. The meaningless, empty "and?"

You;re trying to misdirect the discussion by trying to pretend story content (as opposed to Story Content) is somehow limited to Story Journal and does not happen outside of it. You're wrong, of course. One good example would be dungeon story paths - notice how they're not part of the Journal either. They may not be part of personal story, but are very much a story content.

And so it happens, that (again, by devs' offficial statement, which you keep ignoring, because it flies in the face of your claims) DE meta is part of the story. And not a minor one, but a very, very important part - the story finale.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1