Holographic Track

Dyers.1567

Difficult placement due to it being too clear.

Would you at Anet be able to place a thin 3d frame around the track piece so the edges can be clearly viewed?

A gold, brown or whatever trim? Would then look like a piece of glass or a hologram is being stored within a thin frame.

Running into collision problems with them when placed. Eyes bad enough already. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Thanks,

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Placing holographic track parts really can be a problem. Maybe there could be a temporary one pixel sized trim added around the piece that is about to be placed, similar to the trim to highlight en enemy / team member.

Oh, yeah and what Garfried said: please add the missing curved ramp to the new set. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by Andur.9275
typo
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Andur.9275 said:

While the boost orbs have a functionality, the checkpoints are visual decoration only. They wll disappear once you passed them, but there is no connected time measurement, afaik.

they will reappear in about 25 - 30 seconds

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I don't know if anyone might find this useful, but these pieces currently become invisible when placed underwater. Handy for those times when you need to walk across the ocean.

so you're saying edges for skiff races are not really gonna werk?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

so you're saying edges for skiff races are not really gonna werk?

No, I'm saying these pieces currently become invisible when placed underwater. They still have collision, they just aren't visible anymore. Not sure if they'd be a very good barrier by themselves though (very flat, a Skiff would probably just skim right over), but if you put something on each one at intervals like a torch or crate, you might be able to build a rudimentary water-based course for the Skiff or even the Roller Beetle.

• Like 2

The New Holographic race track...ย  we seam to be missing the The New Holographic racetrack curved ramp, Is this a forgotten Item to be added to the guild Hall decorations? or will it be worked in later. this is a item we do use in ourย guild hall and Iย have had many other decorators/players asking the same question. the other only other thing I would like to see is some kind of timer for when we start a race and finish a race.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I rebuilt a structure last night using the holographic racetrack pieces.ย  A few tips when decorating with them:

- Turn off "Post Processing" in your Graphics Options, otherwise the pieces are so bright (especially during Daytime) that it's almost blinding and makes them very difficult to properly position (the invisible border on one end didn't help either but I managed).

- If possible I highly recommend decorating at night, as the pieces glow quite a bit even with the Post Processing turned off.

- Be prepared to log out/close GW2 quite often, as I ran into the "too many decorations in this area" bug numerous times while building (despite the area not being capped); Oddly enough in all my years of decorating, I had only encountered this bug a handful of times in the past.ย  I easily encountered it as many times during this one project as I had in the past in it's entirety.

Here's how it turned out:

https://imgur.com/G8dB6Yl

https://imgur.com/FfDr8lo

https://imgur.com/8XUGdvB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

I rebuilt a structure last night using the holographic racetrack pieces.ย  A few tips when decorating with them:

- Turn off "Post Processing" in your Graphics Options, otherwise the pieces are so bright (especially during Daytime) that it's almost blinding and makes them very difficult to properly position (the invisible border on one end didn't help either but I managed).

- If possible I highly recommend decorating at night, as the pieces glow quite a bit even with the Post Processing turned off.

- Be prepared to log out/close GW2 quite often, as I ran into the "too many decorations in this area" bug numerous times while building (despite the area not being capped); Oddly enough in all my years of decorating, I had only encountered this bug a handful of times in the past.ย  I easily encountered it as many times during this one project as I had in the past in it's entirety.

Here's how it turned out:

https://imgur.com/G8dB6Yl

https://imgur.com/FfDr8lo

https://imgur.com/8XUGdvB

That looks pretty cool. I like it.

Many of us have tried our dangest to make a decent track using the holo tracks to race on to no avail.

Hope you all at Anet are looking into a fix. ๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 4:27 PM, Dyers.1567 said:

That looks pretty cool. I like it.

Many of us have tried our dangest to make a decent track using the holo tracks to race on to no avail.

Hope you all at Anet are looking into a fix. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for the compliment!

ย 

And hearing that is definitely disappointing!ย  Out of curiosity, what's causing the problem with making a track using the new pieces?ย  Is it the difficulty of placing the pieces (I can sympathize as it took me a few minutes to place each and every piece of the structure I built in the pictures due to the difficulty of actually seeing them as I placing them)?ย  Or is it something more, like they're not providing a smooth surface area causing drag on the beetles?ย  I might try to build a small test track (one using the new pieces and one using the old pieces to compare), but I'm definitely reluctant to build something big right now solely due to the cost of making the new pieces (and the fact that I'm the only one paying for all this stuff when I decorate my various guildhalls lol).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

they're not providing a smooth surface area causing drag on the beetles

ย What has been done for awhile with the wood track is building your base with curved turns etc,... from start to finish, then once done going from the end of your track you then build it again going backwards, essentially re-placing all the pieces from the end to the beginning,ย  to smooth out the track so there are no bumps to slow you down. Track always creates an edge. It doesn't just snap on into place with no edge. If you are going down off the edge it is smooth if you are going up the edge, a bump. Building a nice track takes hours and hours of time. With the holo track you cannot clearly see the edge to begin with...

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

In my last updated video I have a holo track within the main starting area.

(Between racer staging area and crowd stands) Not worried about a bump there.

I have spent hundreds of hours placing this track and fine tuning it though. If you watch you can see that I built the track backwards as the curved ramps bases are blended into the base making no edge at all. (example) Also, when going down the track you are going off tiny edges so it is smooth not towards tiny edges.

ย 

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dyers.1567 said:

ย What has been done for awhile with the wood track is building your base with curved turns etc,... from start to finish, then once done going from the end of your track you then build it again going backwards, essentially re-placing all the pieces from the end to the beginning,ย  to smooth out the track so there are no bumps to slow you down. Track always creates an edge. It doesn't just snap on into place with no edge. If you are going down off the edge it is smooth if you are going up the edge, a bump. Building a nice track takes hours and hours of time. With the holo track you cannot clearly see the edge to begin with...

Yeah I understand completely, and although I had a different solution (I would stand at the end of each piece and slightly drop the next piece to negate the bump) it had to be done.ย  When I rebuilt the "dive platform" I initially tried laying the HR piece down on top of the existing Racetrack (wooden version) pieces, but it actually appeared as though they were being placed below the wooden pieces so I ultimately had to remove the old pieces in order to see where I placing the new pieces (which was still quite difficult due to their glow and transparency).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Notice the bumps in one direction? The Beetles jostles on the wood and the holo...ย  meh,... The wood as you placed was now good for the opposite direction than the direction you went.

Concerning the holo, we can place, by mouse tip and it's meeting, as the only observance at the moment. An edge to the artwork would look pretty good I believe. I did see a jostle on the holo as well. Last long piece laid. I'm betting that the holo track is much flatter (level) than the wood as one piece I saw nothing yet the last piece, a bump though smaller as you sped down the track. Other direction your beetle did bounce around. Strange eh? Perhaps actually bent the opposite of the wood?

Bad wood from Home Depot and the other is bad holo from Lowes? ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/18/2022 at 6:18 AM, Mil.3562 said:

Mod, pls delete this postย ๐Ÿ˜ฒย thank you

Why are you asking a mod to delete your post?ย  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Old joke... Would go to purchase wood from Lowe's or Home Depot because you want to build a fence or whatever at your home and dang near all of it is warped one direction or another. Crazy world...

ย 

Edited by Dyers.1567

• 1 month later...

Many are waiting for that, meย too.ย But patch after patch. Sigh.

In the History of Guild Wars 2, they never fix anything that is unpolished, broken or missing when it comes to guild hall decorations. Today you learn an important chapter inย GW2 History.ย Just kiddingย Dyers ๐Ÿ˜„ย I know you knew but we never stopย hopingย ๐Ÿ™

This is why I wouldn't mind if they put some decoration stuff in the gem store. If something is broken there, it will be instantly fixed.

Sidetrack: Lately I have been doing nothing but farming a lot ofย festival tokens. I have around 16k now and still need moreย ๐Ÿ˜งย I got a little burnt out but then there'sย nothing else I like to do in the game.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1