A Round of Applause. EoD Credits. PvP Team!

Ahhhh I get the sarcasm of the OP! 

Yes in the past there was a PVP/WvW team, a dedicated one and they frequented the forums. Here are some examples:

Guild Wars 2 Forum - PvP (gw2archive.eu) 1

Guild Wars 2 Forum - PvP (gw2archive.eu) 2 

There were a few more exclusive PVP dev frequenters on the old forum. I believe they had a "team". Also I read somewhere here recently that Ben P is no longer with Anet so that EoD credit is outdated

Edited by Pimsley.3681
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

There were a few more exclusive PVP dev frequenters on the old forum. I believe they had a "team". Also I read somewhere here recently that Ben P is no longer with Anet so that EoD credit is outdated

Nah nah. Ben P moved up for EoD and had a bigger role in the expansion's development. 

Before that he was the PvP guy - Taken over by CmC when Ben went to work on EoD.

I'm pretty sure Ben had more people and/or resources though because there was PvP-specific balance back then that wasn't just power coefficient shaves and CD increases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

I see I see and that caused the safety and non violent nature of today's PvP. Ben P frequented the forums as well in the past

Its true. There was communication back then.

CmC, if you're listening, we don't bite. You have taken such tools and want for violence. 

Come, and let us share what i'm sure will be constructive dialogue that all parties can agree upon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Its true. There was communication back then.

CmC, if you're listening, we don't bite. You have taken such tools and want for violence. 

Come, and let us share what i'm sure will be constructive dialogue that all parties can agree upon.

Idk if CMC were real I'd probably boo him. But he's a myth, a concept. Something akin to Bigfoot or the abominable snowman. There's not even pictures to put on the back of milk cartons. Have you seen him? Yeah. Me neither.

Edited by Tycura.1982
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

Idk if CMC were real I'd probably boo him. But he's a myth, a concept. Something akin to Bigfoot or the abominable snowman. There's not even pictures to put on the back of milk cartons. Have you seen him? Yeah. Me neither.

So basically Untamed when EoD came out? 

Prove your existence, CmC! Your faithful's resolve is tested! 🙏

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
EoD lul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Game credits/End of Dragons - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Check out the competitive/PvP section! If you're having trouble finding it, just hit CTRL F and type in spvp, pvp wvw etc.

I remember part of the marketing of GW2 summer of 2012 was for its amazing PvP (and WvW) competitive scene. Yes, it was amazing at the time. 

Lol. Theres this achievement you get for waiting for the credits to end (gj whoever designed THAT, good way to get resentment). So I waited to see the developer team credits part, as I was waiting anyhow. I think I counted 22 people? No surprise they can't get any balancing done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

If he won't listen, maybe one of the audio ppl will. There's whole school of them. Or get one of 17 interns to participate

To be totally honest, I thought CmC was one of them.

I figured since CmC was an older high-level player and streamer that they were just brought on to sustain PvP through EoD.

And since CmC isn't able to make changes to skills and such.

This is as far as I go though 

I've seen stuff happen to people going down this same path of inquiry

👀💦

• Like 3

Do you guys think this thread confirms our speculation that there is NO longer a PvP team? Really hope they assign a team, even if they do it on the side while designing mount skins and chairs. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Daddy NC$$$oft knows there is no money to be made in the competetive market of this game and that PvE with gemstore cosmetics is what Anet should focus on. 

Therefore, to not employ an additional team of people for gamemodes that are already 'existing' and somewhat 'functional', you take this money, put it in employing people in the art and design team to pump skins and cosmetics weekly and you make money out of these bots in DR that spend 1k euros or dollars each month in Gemstore cause it's fun for them. 

Sure if I were rich I'd do the same and just PvE ig. 

PvP and WvW is for the sweaty gamers that are like 1% of the game's revenue. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

To be totally honest, I thought CmC was one of them.

That's sounds reasonable, I mean, he started out as a gamer, like one of us and we're not sure of his background or experience with gaming balance or development. Committing an astronomical change should be approved by senior level marketing to gauge how such change will affect overall gamer experience. I'm uncertain if that meeting(s) took place. 

Yeah best to leave things at that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Daddy NC$$$oft knows there is no money to be made in the competetive market of this game and that PvE with gemstore cosmetics is what Anet should focus on. 

It's the classy warrior! I'm currently in Singapore time and just came back from an almost 4 hour dinner hosted by someone who made truckloads of money and very intelligent.

There were people there too whom we've never met and we got the "free-loader" vibe from them. I don't even think they read the menu and instead ordered the most expensive dishes. Two of them ordered the Maine lobster pre-course, 1kg (2.2 lbs) 28 day aged USDA prime rib ($460 USD each), which they only took a few bites off and didnt finish nor ask to take home, octopus with kalamata olives that they didn't even touch etc etc. 

We ordered tomato soup, duck confit and sea bass while spending time talking with the generous host. He seemed to like us more because we were more authentic, understood business and even though money isn't an object to him, we didn't abuse or take advantage of his generosity. 

It's funny because I went with my spouse to this dinner and while everyone was chatting, the host texted me to meet him at the bar a floor below and he had me try a glass of Louis XIII cognac. He was exited to have me try it but I told him that I had it before but would not want to resist his offer because that stuff is smoother than silk. It was a good aperitif and we went back to the dining room. 

There's a party after dinner but I got woozy from the cognac and wine pairing so we decided to go home. Im no longer in my 20s and it's cool to go home and not get blasted drunk or feed my nose with candy. 

But yeah, I agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

It's the classy warrior! I'm currently in Singapore time and just came back from an almost 4 hour dinner hosted by someone who made truckloads of money and very intelligent.

There were people there too whom we've never met and we got the "free-loader" vibe from them. I don't even think they read the menu and instead ordered the most expensive dishes. Two of them ordered the Maine lobster pre-course, 1kg (2.2 lbs) 28 day aged USDA prime rib ($460 USD each), which they only took a few bites off and didnt finish nor ask to take home, octopus with kalamata olives that they didn't even touch etc etc. 

We ordered tomato soup, duck confit and sea bass while spending time talking with the generous host. He seemed to like us more because we were more authentic, understood business and even though money isn't an object to him, we didn't abuse or take advantage of his generosity. 

It's funny because I went with my spouse to this dinner and while everyone was chatting, the host texted me to meet him at the bar a floor below and he had me try a glass of Louis XIII cognac. He was exited to have me try it but I told him that I had it before but would not want to resist his offer because that stuff is smoother than silk. It was a good aperitif and we went back to the dining room. 

There's a party after dinner but I got woozy from the cognac and wine pairing so we decided to go home. Im no longer in my 20s and it's cool to go home and not get blasted drunk or feed my nose with candy. 

Well done Pimsley, you know how to observe, continue to develop this skill and the flowers of bliss will open before you. Bliss can't be bought with money, it already existed with us in the womb. You will meet many people who will try to fill this void of lost bliss. They will try to take it from the outside, not the inside.

P. S. Here, many have the potential to develop the skill of observation. For example, FrownyClown predicted Meta Tempest and others.

But when you move the ability to observe the outer and the inner, you will understand what grace is.

A large number of fanatics have failed to understand one of Jesus main commandments - the kingdom of God within.

Edited by Tescao.3042
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lmao

What a lovely description of your exquisite experience. Truly, I am envious. Perhaps that is all I need in order to fully appreciate things in life. Maybe I am too caught up by this game's competetive environment and for too long have I marinated inside the salt of my friends and foes, to see clearly. 

You really sold me on the olives ngl.

In all seriousness it is all in all marketing and financial allocation within the game that is doing this. People praise communication as if I can't come up with a condensending marketing reply to post so people are busy reading it for the next 6 months. 

I'll go back to my classy lifestyle! Might even purchase a teatime chair to truly flex!

• Haha 1