Can we remove Rampage?

Kalthea.4326

5 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

You want something removed because "you don't like it", though obviously others don't mind it, or even truly enjoy the skill ... And then attack his arrogance. All righty then.

As to the discussion of Rampage, well, I'm biased since I run it in all builds other than Berserker where I run Headbutt 99% of the time. That other 1% ? Rampage. Even with its cooldown, I feel I get a much greater ROI than from something like Signet of Rage for example.

But, good luck with your crusade I suppose. Who knows, maybe we'd all get something better out of its removal - if small miracles do truly happen :classic_tongue:

Arrogance, in this situation, is the expectation that someone knows your stance or everything that you know already, and withholding information that could help bring them to an understanding of your viewpoints or the reason for a skill existing, in this case. So, yes, I'm arguing arrogance on that first comment.

And let me ask you this: is complete saturation of a single skill a good reason for it to exist? Just because it's the best option doesn't mean that's a good thing. I would argue that's even worse, because that reduced build diversity in a game that supposedly has a ton of it.

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Zerk ammy str runes. Soft targets I’ll get over 10k in combat, not 25 might (though not 0, about 5-12 is probably a realistic number since it’s a standard combat scenario). I get numbers this high semi-regularly. 

Any who, I disagree with your suggestion, because rampage is exceedingly useful and not liking it is insufficient to change it, especially considering, ya know gestures at roughly everything . We’re basically at the point where we just disagree xD 

Have a nice day friendo 🙂 

edit: wurds r hard

It's fine to disagree, I just like reasoning as to why you disagree (which is what you've provided now). Thank you for your clarifications, and I'll give that setup a shot to see if I end up liking it more.

GW2 is full of such skills across many classes. While I agree that's not really a good thing, overloaded skills are part of the reality of the game's development. And as I am a user of Rampage, it's hard for me to begrudge the Warrior class such a skill. Especially in light of the class's other skills, both weapon and utility. And again, Rampage's saturated quality can be found throughout the game; if it gets removed, so it goes for every other such skill in GW2?

And one other question: what would Rampage be replaced with, keeping in mind Anet's development habits? And in particular with said studio's history with this particular class?

53 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

GW2 is full of such skills across many classes. While I agree that's not really a good thing, overloaded skills are part of the reality of the game's development. And as I am a user of Rampage, it's hard for me to begrudge the Warrior class such a skill. Especially in light of the class's other skills, both weapon and utility. And again, Rampage's saturated quality can be found throughout the game; if it gets removed, so it goes for every other such skill in GW2?

And one other question: what would Rampage be replaced with, keeping in mind Anet's development habits? And in particular with said studio's history with this particular class?

I would advocate for a more even board for all of the classes, even while that is the case. However, other classes aren't as funneled towards particular choices as much as Warrior is. Signet of Rage is near useless, and Banner at least has its uses, but with its CD provides no real reason to bring it other than clutch (which isn't bad, mind, but it's practically the only reason).

As for a replacement, I would say setting Ramage as a non-transformation, utilizing the warrior's current tool kit and resetting the CD on weapon skills for the currently equipped weapon would provide it a good adjustment. If not that, then at the very least let us use our utility skills while we're transformed.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:21 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

Charge an enemy, knocking them down and any enemies in the path to them.

I stopped reading the thread at this line.

Words cannot express how much I want this in the game.  When I'm on my warrior, my playstyle is that of a submarine (Dive Dive Dive).  

Actually, I'd like to make one change to the above.  Instead of knock down, I want a knock up (with a half second float).  I love the idea of having a necro buddy corrupt stability off of the enemy team on point then diving in with a charge Hulk/Juggernaut style, bodies flailing into the air.

Sorry for the interruption, back to your regularly scheduled thread discussion.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Words cannot express how much I want this in the game.  When I'm on my warrior, my playstyle is that of a submarine (Dive Dive Dive).  

Actually, I'd like to make one change to the above.  Instead of knock down, I want a knock up (with a half second float).  I love the idea of having a necro buddy corrupt stability off of the enemy team on point then diving in with a charge Hulk/Juggernaut style, bodies flailing into the air.

You know, funny thing is: the knock upwards mechanics already exist! In pve, some enemies already do that. Like the Magumma hyleks. You don't flail, though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You know, funny thing is: the knock upwards mechanics already exist! In pve, some enemies already do that. Like the Magumma hyleks. You don't flail, though!

Excellent.  However, the half second float is more for the slow-mo effect than actual game mechanics or balance.

Again, Hulk/Juggernaut style cinematic dive.  Slow motion and flailing is a requirement! 🧐

• Like 1

Don't really get the complaint. Just don't use it if you don't like it. Rampage isn't always the right skill to choose, but still there is use for it. I mean, someone doesn't value 50% DPS decrease for 15 seconds? Someone is just being sensational for no reason. Don't get me wrong, it's got some issues, but deleting it is just absurd.

1. Who doesn't hate the 2 minute CD? That's outdated BS. Divide the CD and the duration by 2. 

2. It's weird to me you get phat stacks of swiftness and stability ... only to still be susceptible to the more frequent and less significant chill, cripple, slow and immob effects. It should give a flat immunity to all movement imparing effects. Seems like it should ACTUALLY get resistance boon stacking instead of the reductions. 

My version:

60 second CD, 9 second duration

Breaks a stun

Stacks 2 stability and resistance every 3 seconds.

Gives superspeed for 5 seconds.

50% damage reduction for duration. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Playstyle being described as “submarine” is perhaps one of the best things I’ve read on this forum. I am shamelessly going to use this a lot because dive is lyfe.

• Haha 1

In pvp I make getaways with Rampage when I see the fight is lost my team dying on the point I sometimes go into Rampage and get out of there quickly. Funny thing is when one or two players try to chase me and fail.

I think it would be cool to have an elite shout skill or something else added but otherwise I like rampage and not just in pvp sometimes I use it to help cc breakbars. Not everyone has Berserker and Head Butt.

Edited by VaderFan.8537

9 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I approve this change 👍

• Haha 1

Well usually in mirror duels warriors don't like rampage. Well, I think it's a piece of cake to tank rampage as a warrior, any class can evade it's 2 CCs.

But then you look at signet of Rage in non-strength builds and wonder what the hell you are doing. Some run banners for the added support/quick stomp if possible, I do not when I know there are no teammates or some form of cover for me to use it. You are wasting a slot. 

And these are our elites kek.

WoD in solo is dumb, smallscale maybe for the projectile hate and some boonremoval/daze-vuln combos and Headbutt is the toughest elite skill to land ever again players who know what it does. 

So all that we need is:

A) Shout elite for some aoe buffs and team support role which can be meaningful solo skill but not overbloated and an unique effect elite stance. But that ain't gonna happen, hell, they won't even give signet of range more might duration than elixir of dogshit ambition.

"I Will Avenge You!"
Gain protection, resolution, resistance, quickness, 5 stacks of stability, 10 stacks of might, fury, and superspeed for 6s. Allies in the area receive the same benefits at a reduced (50%) duration. You gain an additional 2 stacks of might per ally affected. 45s/60s CD, no Ammo. CD split is PvE/Comp.

Still weaker than Harbae elite elixir.

tho not satisfying to use due to no damage on cc, rampage still one of the strongest kits for warrior, specially for power spellbreaker

it crits for 5-6k and does a lot of CC,

and provides extra mobility (which is king right now) for engage or disengage.

and makes you tanky.

don't spam the skills tho, the skills are very good, try to time them.