Ranked PvP can't have Teams Because of USA and R55 (Winning Should Be Inclusive)

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Anyone who isn't savvy enough to queue dodge, which is what is happening now anyway.

5man queue would solve far more problems than it would cause at this point.

So basically you want the best teams to farm new players and people far below their skill bracket as long as you dont have to lose to them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

So basically you want the best teams to farm new players and people far below their skill bracket as long as you dont have to lose to them?

It's already happening anyway.

People like to toss conjecture towards the 5man thing, but that conjecture is usually misplaced in the idea that people speak as if win trading wasn't a thing, as if the idea of solo/duo only was actually creating a solo/duo environment.

The truth is that you're against 5man teams anyway in just about 3/4 games you queue in ranked if you're 1500+. You just can't see it.

Solo/duo is placebo man.

At some point this this community needs to wake up and begin voicing their want to protect themselves from match manipulation.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah its way better to face a few teams with no chance of winning then be forced to play with people who throw the match on your team half the time. at least with facing strong teams you're given the chance to improve with your own team comp and friends.

objectively correct.

I'd rather wipe vs a stacked team now and again and have fun doing it than have to babysit even one ragequitter. 

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

objectively correct.

I'd rather wipe vs a stacked team now and again and have fun doing it than have to babysit even one ragequitter. 

it would make sense to still keep the ranking system so plat teams don't go up against silver teams. but if the mm is bad now i can only imagine how much worse it would get when the hardcore casuals quit.

5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah its way better to face a few teams with no chance of winning then be forced to play with people who throw the match on your team half the time. at least with facing strong teams you're given the chance to improve with your own team comp and friends.

They're both mulligan games that aren't enjoyable in the slightest.

One of the most crushing things that usually leads to people afking in my experience is facing down a power stack of the "best" people in the game with a team full of soloqs.

Whether you're 4v5 or being spawn camped by a legendary DuoQ, the end result is usually the same and it isn't fun at all.

3 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

They're both mulligan games that aren't enjoyable in the slightest.

One of the most crushing things that usually leads to people afking in my experience is facing down a power stack of the "best" people in the game with a team full of soloqs.

Whether you're 4v5 or being spawn camped by a legendary DuoQ, the end result is usually the same and it isn't fun at all.

I don't think any form of teams for ranked will ever work because of several problems mentioned by everyone.

But, one of the issues that stuck out to me was the fact that many believed that people were being carried to titles in a team, and the fear that the teams would face against solo players.

I always liked the idea of teams, and enjoy playing in full teams, but the current tourneys are too much of a committment, and unranked has no rewards, so there really isn't much motivation for the common players to form groups other than to get farmed for a free 5 gold.

My idea, which I assume was buried, or that players indeed just want to farm personal titles...

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Team ranked would only allow these guys to win, and everyone else would never stand a chance, only destined to be fodder.

Every other grouping would automatically have a few losses.

Since only one team per region would dominate, we can't have teams because other individuals need to win.

We can't have players in GW2 feeling like losers.

Sorry, there is no way to remedy this because they are the only good players in the game that can play well together.

But don't worry, that doesn't make you bad, it just means you are not good...if you are not them.

I agree.

Now, before we implement your great idea, we must know your race and gender orientation - it is crucial for knowing how to help you best.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I don't think any form of teams for ranked will ever work because of several problems mentioned by everyone.

But, one of the issues that stuck out to me was the fact that many believed that people were being carried to titles in a team, and the fear that the teams would face against solo players.

I always liked the idea of teams, and enjoy playing in full teams, but the current tourneys are too much of a committment, and unranked has no rewards, so there really isn't much motivation for the common players to form groups other than to get farmed for a free 5 gold.

Playing in full teams can be fun and people should be able to, but they shouldn't play against SoloQs.

It will be match manipulation galore and total blowout games if SoloQs are included. Its already terrible with Solo/Duo.

If they just split the queues, both sides could be happy. The TeamQ people might have to be willing to make a few concessions such as allowing team of sizes of 2-5 for TeamQ conquest because full 5-man TeamQ is not very popular.

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

My idea, which I assume was buried, or that players indeed just want to farm personal titles...

I mean its a good idea. I saw it but I really didn't have anything to add because i'm not going to play it even if it does become a thing, but I fully support it existing if people want it to exist.

I think a good takeaway from that is a need for two different leaderboards to go with 2 different arenas. One to measure team performance and another separate one to measure individual performance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Playing in full teams can be fun and people should be able to, but they shouldn't play against SoloQs.

It will be match manipulation galore and total blowout games if SoloQs are included. Its already terrible with Solo/Duo.

If they just split the queues, both sides could be happy. The TeamQ people might have to be willing to make a few concessions such as allowing team of sizes of 2-5 for TeamQ conquest because full 5-man TeamQ is not very popular.

I mean its a good idea. I saw it but I really didn't have anything to add because i'm not going to play it even if it does become a thing, but I fully support it existing if people want it to exist.

I think a good takeaway from that is a need for two different leaderboards to go with 2 different arenas. One to measure team performance and another separate one to measure individual performance.

If they don't create a convenient team based outlet with rank currencies and chests (shards, tickets, loot chests) and a guilds based reward system...it will fail because it has nothing unique to offer or justify its existence from other outlets , and they won't be able to justify removing duo q.

It's not really a complicated problem. Create a guild league and remove duo q, and everyone will be happy.

The other suggestions were tried and failed.

A unique guild symbol next to the banner/acronym/label will draw in Many guilds because of the completionist disease.

I look at the LB, and can see that many veterans no longer play. Gold 2 and 3 in top 250 is very depressing lol.

• Like 1