Quickness Herald doesn't work

The Boz.2038

4 hours ago, ScottBroChill.3254 said:

or just have it on a one button press and not have to worry about it 

Draconic Echo - Makes boons tick for 6 more seconds after consume, as is now. Quickness on consume replaced with: Facet of Nature cost increased by 1 energy; it now pulses 2s Quickness.

And then add 3s Quickness to baseline Chaotic Release (the elite consume), to round out the kit. 
There. Glint no longer mandatory; can supply Quickness with 50% BD as a Ventari/Jalis healer. Can supply Quickness as a Glint/Whatever DPS with 33% BD. With some Power coefficient buffs on the weapons, this could make it good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Draconic Echo - Makes boons tick for 6 more seconds after consume, as is now. Quickness on consume replaced with: Facet of Nature cost increased by 1 energy; it now pulses 2s Quickness.

And then add 3s Quickness to baseline Chaotic Release (the elite consume), to round out the kit. 
There. Glint no longer mandatory; can supply Quickness with 50% BD as a Ventari/Jalis healer. Can supply Quickness as a Glint/Whatever DPS with 33% BD. With some Power coefficient buffs on the weapons, this could make it good.

Lets hope anet reads this one 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I didn't read the whole staff here, so I don't know, if it was mentioned before and hope, this is the right place for this (and the dev's read it) so, this is what came to my mind recently to make it work. I would like to change Draconic Echo to a funtionality similar to Forceful Persistence. This means something like:

Draconic Echo

You retain your facet passives for a duration after using their consume abilities. Using a upkeep skill grants quickness to allies around you.

Quickness shared with Herald upkeep skills can be stacked.

Quickness: 1s (per Herald upkeep skill in use)

Maximum count for Herald upkeep skills: 3

Quickness: 2s (for other legends upkeep skills in use)

Interval: 3s

Radius: 360 (or even 600?)

With this change, the idea behind Herald (upkeep and so^^) can be kept and it is relativley easy, to share perma quickness with just 50% boon duration and 2 upkeep skills, so that is energy management and using other skills/rotation is still possible. In that way, this trait allows as well a use of other legends and skills without losing the boon share completly.

Maybe the numbers can be tweaked a little bit but I think, the idea is clear and this seems still in line with oder quickness share builds (looking to harbinger for example).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing herald and pretty much the entire revenant class needs to be good in the current meta is a 20% increase in damage on sword AA. It makes no sense not to make such a simple change when other classes are so OP with laughably easy rotations.  

Note to the "it works" people now: Original thread was made before the patch that bumped the numbers up a bit. 

Also, it's still daft to just cycle through all your utils for quickness, and the toolset limitations are a bother, dooming the pure support build to C tier. The raw DPS output dooms the boon DPS build to C tier, too, narrowly saved from D thanks to staff5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 6/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

The facet cool down increases are complete and total bull shlt.

^This. 

It was an unecessary nerf and an overcorrection imo. Let Herald overcrap boons the way other supports can. Being forced to burn situational utility just to upkeep one boon is not fun gameplay.

A skill like Elemental blast has no business having it's CD increased. It should be a low CD button you push to deal some extra DPS (which you were going to do anyway) while maintaining quickness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

^This. 

It was an unecessary nerf and an overcorrection imo. Let Herald overcrap boons the way other supports can. Being forced to burn situational utility just to upkeep one boon is not fun gameplay.

Not to mention how the cooldown increases are a direct nerf to Draconic Echo, because 6 more seconds of boons no longer goes as far as it did before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

^This. 

A skill like Elemental blast has no business having it's CD increased. It should be a low CD button you push to deal some extra DPS (which you were going to do anyway) while maintaining quickness. 

I love that they nerfed Herald’s CDs specifically to limit its quickness output yet they’re totally fine with Untamed being able to maintain Alacrity with literally 1-2 spirits max (which personally I think is awesome and should stay that way, no shade at Untamed, shade at Anet for giving Herald dumpster fire support and dps options STILL after 7 years). Amazingly they get to actually play with 3-4 Utils of their choice while Herald is forced to do kitten all with theirs and has issues capping any of the boons it provides for significant durations 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 5

I don't really have an issue with no access to situational utility. The way it's currently designed, you're meant to spam almost everything off CD. That's how a DPS class plays. If you don't compensate for the restricted utility with proper DPS that can compete with other classes that can offer significantly more, there's no reason to use a so-called "DPS support" with restricted access to utility. It makes no sense that FB is just better in every way and has been for so long. People complaining that there are no proper heal builds etc. are missing the point. I am not defending the way it's balanced in any way. Quite frankly, I don't think balance devs understand the playstyles of certain roles which  is why you get kitten like WB that is supposedly meant to play like a power class, but lacks the burst to do anything of the sort. I think they've really messed this up without understanding what went wrong because a class that's designed to be a more DPS oriented support isn't anywhere near as good as a class that can provide significantly better support and still out DPS this class at the same time. 

For the record, I don't have an issue with untamed because it's hard as hell to play and completely useless on certain bosses. 

• Thanks 1

I'll correct what I said, I don't think it works, I just think it doesn't give enough quickness unlike some other classes (harbinger especially or scrapper for example which have longer time on quickness) and because the herald is forced to consume his skills or blow up his permanent buffs which need to be blown up to apply quickness. Don't forget that holding active buffs reduces the energy recharge.

This could have been brought on the F2 or a F3 to make it more useful and better match the revenant.

• Thanks 1

i will not play quickherald even if it does 30k dps on golem. mindlessly pressing all buttons untill fight ends is not fun. there is no choice in pressing buttons, u dont even need to know what each skill does - just press them all no matter sequence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:43 PM, Polar.8634 said:

i will not play quickherald even if it does 30k dps on golem. mindlessly pressing all buttons untill fight ends is not fun. there is no choice in pressing buttons, u dont even need to know what each skill does - just press them all no matter sequence.

The consume of the Might skill gives you a damage boost, so it's smart to follow up with highly damaging skills if reasonably practical.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the best way to assign it because some classes are much easier to give quickness, why for example harbinger gives a lot with 3s in shroud when you have to spam skills to throw it with 2s. The revenant doesn't have the same favor as other classes or is it already too much for him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The consume of the Might skill gives you a damage boost, so it's smart to follow up with highly damaging skills if reasonably practical.

You are right, but it will not make much difference. Like 500 DPS or something. 

Did even herald needed quickness?

its a try to a pve buff since pve players dont know how to play w/o perma boons.

Meanwhile alot of things in rev got nerfed a bit to much compared with what others specs do.

Would prefer a buffs in other areas of herald rather try to cover nerfs with  boons to catter pve players or low effor boon stackers.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2