Untamed can give 100% alac completely naked.

Kuma.1503

They can use hammer to give perma alac . No boon duration (You get 16% from Nature Magic which is unavoidable). 

I used Water Spirit and Frost spirit.  Spike trap for an extra CC to proc the CDR. You can also use 3 spirts with Water spirit, Frost Spirit and Storm Spirit. Just use your hammer CCs to constantly reset the cooldown of your spirits. 

Take this info for what you will. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

They can use hammer to give perma alac . No boon duration (You get 16% from Nature Magic which is unavoidable). 

I used Water Spirit and Frost spirit.  Spike trap for an extra CC to proc the CDR. You can also use 3 spirts with Water spirit, Frost Spirit and Storm Spirit. Just use your hammer CCs to constantly reset the cooldown of your spirits. 

Take this info for what you will. 

3 spirit sounds about right. Issue is no damage and very low utility, why would you bring untamed.

now if the fervent force trait effects could be shared among 5 friendlies as I suggested some time ago….

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That is interesting. I'm curious to see the results when someone plays with it more and runs the numbers.

The idea that it would lose some DPS over taking more damage-oriented utilities is simply a known; other classes make this tradeoff too when comparing their straight DPS vs their DPS + X builds.

2 hours ago, Sebrent.3625 said:

That is interesting. I'm curious to see the results when someone plays with it more and runs the numbers.

The idea that it would lose some DPS over taking more damage-oriented utilities is simply a known; other classes make this tradeoff too when comparing their straight DPS vs their DPS + X builds.

Other classes support builds already did more damage then full DPS untamed.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

The problem with this type of build will be, that is is reliant on landing melee cc nonstop. Boss goes invuln, or you are forced to move due to mechanics? There goes your alac uptime as well as your dmg. In many fights it will be straight impractical. And even in an optimal (golem like) fight it is weaker than mech in pretty much every regard (except cc i guess) - and that's what it ultimatively has to compete with.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The problem with this type of build will be, that is is reliant on landing melee cc nonstop. Boss goes invuln, or you are forced to move due to mechanics? There goes your alac uptime as well as your dmg. In many fights it will be straight impractical. And even in an optimal (golem like) fight it is weaker than mech in pretty much every regard (except cc i guess) - and that's what it ultimatively has to compete with.

Yeah, aligns with my experience unfortunately. Alac uptime dropped hard when I tried it in the Aetherblade Hideout strike due to the constant phasing. I might just give in and gear a Mech after all 😕

Btw: Fervent Force does not work on the Icebrood Construct in the Shiverpeaks Pass strike resulting in an absolutely awful experience with Untamed. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't playtested ...

Edited by MajinSoul.4512