Being attacked in the skiff

Yeah. Most annoying thing about the skiff. They should make it invincible and also give the buff a pretty long timer - or let you buy just an item to get stacks of the buff. To make it less grindy and annoying. (Chunk of Ambergris already increased in price lol. When I first wondered why it still was high ... and then saw threads about people finding fishing boring - stopping to do it after completing all achievements ... then no wonder.)

I'd love to see the siege turtle enabled defending the skill lol. 😄

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Silent.3891 said:

What exactly are you supposed to do ? if you fight back you lose the buff and if you run away then what's the point of the fishing node ?

You only truly lose the buff if your skiff is destroyed - both you and your skiff carry a copy of the fishing party stacks. The timer represents how long you have to copy your stacks to a new skiff, otherwise the stacks from the skiff are copied to you.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

You only truly lose the buff if your skiff is destroyed - both you and your skiff carry a copy of the fishing party stacks. The timer represents how long you have to copy your stacks to a new skiff, otherwise the stacks from the skiff are copied to you.

15 seconds is all you have to fight the mobs and get back on the skiff or you lose the buff.

Perhaps the timer needs to be longer.

Also it wouldn't hurt not to lose the buff when you are forced to switch maps.

Edited by Silent.3891
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Silent.3891 said:

15 seconds is all you have to fight the mobs and get back on the skiff or you lose the buff.

Perhaps the timer needs to be longer.

Also it wouldn't hurt not to lose the buff when you are forced to switch maps.

Leave skiff -> attack mobs -> hop back on skiff after 10-14s -> leave skiff -> attack mobs -> repeat until mobs are dead, keep stacks.

7 hours ago, Ameepa.6793 said:

Yeah that is kinda annoying. Skiff needs some sort of automated defense cannons or let us use ranged attacks against underwater targets while standing on skiff 🙂

I don't think they'll ever do this as mobs can't hit you (and quite a few mobs can't hit your skiff either). You'd just get a whole new type of AFK farming.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Silent.3891 said:

You have as long as you want. It doesn't matter if the timer expires and you lose your buff. As long as your skiff isn't destroyed, getting back on it will recover the buff you had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lottie.5370 said:

I don't think they'll ever do this as mobs can't hit you (and quite a few mobs can't hit your skiff either). You'd just get a whole new type of AFK farming.

Of course they won't but one can always dream 🙂

• Confused 1

I had this issue at first. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but I am not losing the buff anymore. When the buff goes away and I enter the skiff I get the buff again as long as the skiff does not disappear.  The buff follows the skiff which is why random ppl ask to join your party to get the buff then leaves when they got it. 

however at the start of eod I had the same issue with skiff still being there and I did lose the buff even when entering the skiff again. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Confused 2

I suggest you test it yourself. Get few stacks, anchor, jump off and let the timer expire then board the skiff again. As some others said, for me it will keep the stacks even if the timer expired. Even the wiki says so: "As long as the skiff survives you can regain the buff by reboarding it."

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, Silent.3891 said:

What exactly are you supposed to do ? if you fight back you lose the buff and if you run away then what's the point of the fishing node ?

Anet adds all sorts of pointless and nonsensical design decisions into the game, i mean fishing is suppose to be a casual fun experience.. but they add everything to make it a nightmare..

Its just not worth the hassle.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:37 AM, Jukhy.2431 said:

I suggest you test it yourself. Get few stacks, anchor, jump off and let the timer expire then board the skiff again. As some others said, for me it will keep the stacks even if the timer expired. Even the wiki says so: "As long as the skiff survives you can regain the buff by reboarding it."

Doesn't for me.. I don't get any stacks when i'm on my own.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Anet adds all sorts of pointless and nonsensical design decisions into the game, i mean fishing is suppose to be a casual fun experience.. but they adds everything to make it a nightmare..

Its just not worth the hassle.

Doesn't for me.. I don't get any stacks when i'm on my own.

Then you most likely havent maxed your mastery out to even get stacks.

• Like 1