Stop Saying "It can 1shot you" because nothing can 1shot you, things can only 1burst you

3 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

GW2 - Who Said Conditions Can't ONE SHOT?? - YouTube

Sure a wvw video but being in pvp doesn't change a lot, 4k+ confusion damage per skill use doesn't require any sort of special setup like might/vuln/trait modifier stacking other than have 5 blades stocked, and the skill already can do well over 8k without confusion procs so it only takes 1 skill use to start one shotting low health pool classes that didn't stack vitality or have a cleanse readily available.

Spam every skill avail instead of waiting it out or not being hit by massively telegraphed skill? Literally the only thing that you have to avoid vs virtuoso, and he would have been dead if these eles wouldnt have spammed skills like apes with confusion. His near death state during the "duels" proves that when eles are full hp all the times while hes about to die.

When you go to wvw for a montage of backpeddling ppl spamming autoattacks, that proves the point /s.

One could go and make a montage out of core engi absolutely dominating npc-like players. These guys in the voice be like "Oh wow, 20 confusions!" and proceed to spam skills. Question arises, is this a some kind of setup fishing for views/likes or hes just that bad?

3 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

8k without confusion procs so it only takes 1 skill use to start one shotting low health pool classes that didn't stack vitality or have a cleanse readily available.

Care to prove your claim?

So, you expect to get away with your BS when you dont have cleanses vs conditions and running around with 11k hp? Why should you? Like... what? Is that real complain or some bad trolling attempt?

And I couldnt care less if they would nerf it into oblivion (they alrdy did with the last patch), its just funny, game is 10 year old, people cant l2p and stop spamming skills into confusions.

By the way, you know what happens when you have 20 burns (bleeds/poison/torment with enough duration) and you are "low health pool classes that didn't stack vitality or have a cleanse readily available" ? As you can guess, you will also die.

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

LMAO everyone getting so defensive on the virtuoso f2. All im saying is if you get hit by it and happen to use 2+ skills which lets be real that's going to happen sometimes then it can easily do enough damage to deplete some entire health pools. Sometimes it may take some extra follow up pressure to force players to try to defend themselves to proc the big confusion damage, or just catch them in a plus 1 when they are already using skills to try to survive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

For an average leftovers of what is left from the playerbase its too hard to understand, you demand too much from them. 

As you can see below, he is entitled to think, conditions specially that come from mesmer shouldnt do damage and shouldnt kill anyone, because if he plays ~11k hp class and have absolutely no cleanses, he must live anyway. Otherwise, I'd expected to see ~400 threads sayin nothing should kill him at any circumstances

It reminds me of holo that I condi-bombed with over 26 stacks of confusion, guy ran at me with quickness and almost killed me by spamming 5k dmg auto-attacks. I had to blink away to survive.
He kept spamming air, died and then PMed me with slurs saying mesmer is OP.
This is average pvp enjoyer this days.

11 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Your issue is a l2p problem and i think you don't understand how Mesmer works either.

It does require special setup with traits Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude, otherwise you can't stack that many confusion.
The clip you mentioned, it's guide below and the player tells you within the first 40 secs of the clip that it's just a "1 trick pony."

Sadly something you keep falling to.

he was giving an example of how strong it can be you tryhard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

There are big freaking pink circles above Mesmer's head upon F2 activation that say's "Hi, i pressed F2, you should stand still and eat all of it and GW2 forum is your best friend."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

"I have no evades, I have 1hp, Ihave no cleanses, why I should die to this?! Why should I die when mesmer (actually, insert any class that can plus) plus me if I have no cooldowns, dont use any LoS, blocks, cleanses, evades and whatnot? Why I cant spam skills while I have 20 confusions (thats the only way to die to this btw)? Where is my freedom to be bad against this class in particular and get away with it?" 

I mean the latter, is aldy here but that doesnt help him it seems

Edited by semak.7481
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

What's the point in even starting a discussion whether a kill in less than a second can be defined as a oneshot or not?

Nitpicking?

Boredom?

It was a social test.

We wanted to get some metrics on how many people who didn't care would still care enough to show up and make witty responses to show us that they didn't care so that they had a reason to complain about people who were complaining.

It looks like you enjoyed the event.

Thank you for your participation.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

17 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

There are big freaking pink circles above Mesmer's head upon F2 activation that say's "Hi, i pressed F2, you should stand still and eat all of it and GW2 forum is your best friend."

yes, and guess what, if it hits it can hit hard. are you going to deny that? that was the only point the guy was trying to make, nothing of what you're saying here is contradicting that and i agree with virtuoso f2 being well telegraphed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It was a social test.

We wanted to get some metrics on how many people who didn't care would still care enough to show up and make witty responses to show us that they didn't care so that they had a reason to complain about people who were complaining.

It looks like you enjoyed the event.

Thank you for your participation.

you still managed to make yourself look clueless tho lol, so right on lets call it a draw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

you still managed to make yourself look clueless tho lol, so right on lets call it a draw.

Not nearly as clueless as an account who nobody ever sees in pvp that has "apple" written in its signature.

Are you supposed to be NA or EU bud? Just curious if anyone has ever seen you in-game.

Can anyone confirm seeing this guy in-game? I want to run a social test on this.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

32 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Congratulations forum user with 125 posts.

You made your first post in attempts to flame Trevor Boyer.6524.

+1 APs for you.

I dont need to flame someone whos every post is a self-own, sorry if that burnt you tho.

Ngl, I have 126 too many posts on this forum

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Not nearly as clueless as an account who nobody ever sees in pvp that has "apple" written in its signature.

Are you supposed to be NA or EU bud? Just curious if anyone has ever seen you in-game.

Can anyone confirm seeing this guy in-game? I want to run a social test on this.

Imagine thinking it's an own that someone doesn't play a video game or whine on the forum as much as you do lol. You make yourself look like a fool.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

In Forumville, it is an own.

He goes after a person and insult him as his feelins were hurt (hits too close to home) aka Ad Hominem. If anything that makes him look even worse, yet another self-own.

Or its considered an own still ? :thinking:

37 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Resist the urge, don't fall like the rest of us.

Leave now before it's too late.

I have left the game but the forum is a free circus, I'm not spending here as much time as you, I'm safe

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

yeah i don't play as much anymore, kinda hanging around the forums like a loser. but hey if you wanna waste your energy on stuff like this thats your choice. just sayin i find it kinda odd.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah i don't play as much anymore, kinda hanging around the forums like a loser. but hey if you wanna waste your energy on stuff like this thats your choice. just sayin i find it kinda odd.

Any time you enjoy is time well spent, not a loser.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Amazing.

The social test provided in this thread seems to be yielding results that the people in this forum who actually take their time to insult other forum users, are the ones lacking information who don't even play the game anymore.

Totally agree with you. That is kind of odd. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4