Please add some damage to Herald Shield 4

Camniel.7238

As the title says I would really, really, ask ANet to put at least SOME damage on the Herald's Shield 4 skill. Right now, the Shield ONLY does Healing (ok a little Protection and a little condi cleanse too) which makes the weapon only viable in one type of situation. Adding a bit of damage to the 4 skill would make the weapon more versatile and I'd assume more appealing as an option in more game modes and situations. Obviously, it shouldn't be massive damage since it is a Shield and designed to be more of a support weapon anyways but doing ZERO damage just feels bad to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I mean ok. To be fair; looking at other shield users we have some damage skills, but more interestingly, CC. 

Which honestly, would be nice. Like shield 5 having a bit of knockback or something. Or a field somewhere. We're short on the list of combo fields. Either of which would likely be more appealing that a bit of damage imho, I would note however it's been years and shield on herald has always found its way into gameplay.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Krillaklise.9461 said:

Or a field somewhere. We're short on the list of combo fields

The new shield 4:

Throw your shield at the target location and teleport to it creating a light field for a short duration  that heals and grants protection to allies.

This would have the same heal coefficient devised by 5 and you can effect 4 allies (not including yourself) protection duration would be reduced. you can get three things at once: healing, protection and condition cleanse(through combos) 

This maybe over tuned but it does a lot in the way of support 

• Confused 2

Damage on shield is not needed. If herald is meant to be support spec i would personally:

Increase slighty radius and turn it into area of effect block +all benefits shield has atm for allies as well. Keep self root as balance point else it be just straight up better guard 5 bubble

For 4 i believe some cc option would be best here. Without reworking the animation id make the projectile targeted at enemy and bounce to close enemies within some radius for a stun

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

For 4 i believe some cc option would be best here. Without reworking the animation id make the projectile targeted at enemy and bounce to close enemies within some radius for a stun

But herald isnt lacking cc, replacing the protection with aegis and speeding up the projectile would be a better fix in my opinion. And shield 5 feels like it should pulse something to allies, maybe protection, maybe healing, maybe barrier, idk but it feels like it should do something other than a static self block, id even give up the self heal in favor of more ally support

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kunagnos Duane.1905 said:

But herald isnt lacking cc, replacing the protection with aegis and speeding up the projectile would be a better fix in my opinion. And shield 5 feels like it should pulse something to allies, maybe protection, maybe healing, maybe barrier, idk but it feels like it should do something other than a static self block, id even give up the self heal in favor of more ally support

Herald hard cc is only Glint elite. All else is soft unless u count core in which case your typical shiro/glint s/s+staff has: glint launch, staff 5 short duration knockback, immob on sword 4 and shiro aoe stun which you realistically never use up due to hefty energy cost.

Have i missed something regardless hard cc in herald meta build? If you changed shield 5 to what i said acting as immobile bubble blocking all incoming attack in that area for you AND allies what exactly would you need aegis for 4? Not to mention that regardless of the speed, aegis will feel random on it. Guardian aegis is so good cuz its insta, u press button and voila aegis ready. This will not work with projectile on shield 4 and no matter what it will feel rather random. And glint elite provide protection as well

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i can imagine shield doing damage arround alies we remove condis but that would ment also that would need to be traited :\ 

Bring back retaliation to shield 5 :P and make shield 4 damage target that the healing orbs passes  :P remove protection from it in course.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

All Shield 4 needs is a 400 range AoE heal and Blast combo which also Blinds. Remove that projectile jank.

Blind is also a better skill expression for a Light and Crystals oriented Legend theme rather than PROTECTION THIS PROTECTION THAT PROTECTION EVERYWHERE, and not that Shield 4 Protection was ever significant enough to warrant its usage. 

If I were to rework Herald or tweak it, I'll focus it on applying Blinds with Facets and Shield, and have a trait that does damage if you Blind someone. 

Burn those retinas. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1