Dragon's End Meta

Hey, this has probably been asked, but the search feature is impossible to get through. I was looking to run the Dragon's End Meta this last weekend after a bit of a hiatus from the zone while I got a second character caught up on the story, but didn't see any LFG's popping up. In my experience, trying this meta without a disciplined squad with dedicated subgroups and such is guaranteed to fail. Even some of those disciplined groups fail. 

Just curious if there is a right time to check or a right Guild to follow? Or have people just decided that this meta isn't worth the effort since you only get rewarded if you succeed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

What time of the day for your region were you looking?  

How close to the meta were you looking?

I believe most squads start forming about an hour before the meta. This is to ensure that players have time to do events to increase their stacks to get the buffs. 

Depending on how much time is left until the meta begins, and if you don’t see any groups, you can try tagging up. Like everywhere else in the game, you’ll find like 90% of players (made up statistic) who will wait for a LFG posting to show up rather than create one of their own. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I was looking half an hour early in the evenings, though once it was right as the meta ended and there were no LFG's prepping for the next. I had followed a guild who had done it a lot at launch but when asked about it their response was basically "people still do that meta?"

Edited by Narcemus.1348
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Narcemus.1348 said:

Yeah, I was looking half an hour early in the evenings (North American server) I had followed a guild who had done it a lot at launch but when asked about it their response was basically "people still do that meta?"

Best time for getting LFG groups are the 3 metas after reset (NA Servers - Reset+1 hr, +3, +5). All squads fill up extremely fast. Look at least an hour before the meta events to be sure of getting a spot. Although it takes less than 1/2 hour to get all zones to high readiness, most squads will form earlier to farm the events.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1

The Dragon's End meta is one of the reasons I decided to take a break from the game. After several months I just decided to try it again. I had a similar problem. No one was in the map and no one was using LFG.

I popped in again today and there was actually a group going. Unfortunately, It turned out exactly the same way they always did for me when the expansion was new. We even had the full minute or two where the boss was doing nothing but switching sides with her tail so neither of them could be reliably hit.

😞

Edited by Jokubas.4265
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I did this last week. No subgroup organization and no direction from the commander. Succeeded by a significant margin. Perhaps people are sufficiently experienced to be able to manage without a lot of direction now?

Not quite, the devs never removed the randomness from the fight, so even experienced PUGs will still fail it if they get unlucky. There's no way around the RNG barrier either, no matter what you do.

All other metas are scripted and don't have this problem.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Not quite, the devs never removed the randomness from the fight, so even experienced PUGs will still fail it if they get unlucky. There's no way around the RNG barrier either, no matter what you do.

Guess i must be very lucky since 5 DE group i've joined (1 even ignore tail) dont got this strange rng

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I guess I keep getting lucky then. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Guess i must be very lucky since 5 DE group i've joined (1 even ignore tail) dont got this strange rng

Sometimes she keeps switching between head and tail with players running back and forth unable to hit either in time, plus the breakbar won't appear often enough or at all the entire fight.

There's about a dozen threads on here of 10+ pages talking about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jokubas.4265 said:

We even had the full minute or two where the boss was doing nothing but switching sides with her tail so neither of them could be reliably hit.

😞

A lot will depend on the group and the experience of the commander. Groups that I run with generally ignore the tail but that can only be done if after the defiance bar is broken,  % is very close to phase. And the commander has to know whether to switch sides or stay in place after Soo Won switches for either dealing with the head or tail.

3 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

I`d love to do this meta more but i too only see an empty lfg channel. Is there some discord or other where people are planning these things out?

No idea on Eu Servers but as I mentioned above: Best time for getting LFG groups are the 3 metas after reset (NA Servers - Reset+1 hr, +3, +5). Although I seldom run with them, OTC (Overflow Trading Company) has a Discord that announces DE meta runs for both Eu and NA on their #choo-choo-alerts channel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/13/2022 at 11:44 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Sometimes she keeps switching between head and tail with players running back and forth unable to hit either in time, plus the breakbar won't appear often enough or at all the entire fight.

There's about a dozen threads on here of 10+ pages talking about it.

Just did DE last night and succeeded . 1 thing for sure is that after 1st crystal phase she swap then 1 attack then swap back, guaranteed all the time. After that, not much screwing happened, well if you count swapping before she die.

This fabled RNG continue to elude me

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Just did DE last night. 1 thing for sure is that after 1st crystal phase she swap then 1 attack then swap back, guaranteed all the time. After that, not muc screwing happened, well if you count swapping at last sec before she die.

This RNG continue to elude me

I think it probably has to do with the commander not recognizing the difference between a Tsunami attack (Look out! More tsunamis.) and a Bite atack ( Careful! She's hungry again.). It does happen on the rare occasions when an extra swap occurs but I've yet to see it happen continuously. A Tsunami attack, you just need to get out of the AoEs and go straight back in after the tsunami pass by. If the commander switch sides when it's not needed, majority of the squad will blindly follow. Thus, the confusions with this supposedly bad RNG.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2