Next to come! Ideas and Speculations

Ever since HOT was released I was under the impression they would release an Elite Specializations for each core specialization they had per profession.  I've gone back and forth on what each elite could be and what abilities thy would have, but since EOD, I'm more confident they would release at least 2 more expansions.

The big question is, other than elites, what new features could they add to the game. I was shocked when they added mounts. Would they add a card game, like ESO,  or a better rpg system like an alliance system?

What's your thoughts?

Edited by VocalThought.9835
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

At this point the only thing they can shock me with are new races. 

To be honest I slowly get the feeling that other "big" features will not satisfy the community because they most likely will look too much on existing content, which is okay if they expand on that. But looking at EoD feature list (which in all honesty was pretty big), people were disappointed anyway. 

The community is strongly divided when we talk about new races or housing. Aside from those 2 and not abbandoning old content (thumbs up for the new core updates), i dont hear a lot of other big feature requests. 

Soo in all honesty i dont know. But i trust ANet to come up with something clever. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mikali.9651 said:

We are gonna get companions, it's a new trend in the industry, both FFXIV and ESO did it while Guild Wars franchise was actually the first one having it. 

Yep, we gonna go with NPCs into instanced content and maybe even in open world ! 

Could be. 

They are worried about server performance though.. thats why they made the jade bot like they do it now.

• Sad 1

It's probably going to be housing. I'm really not for that because it sounds boring to me, but they did mounts so well that I'd be open to seeing what ANet could produce. Maybe player home airships? I suggested that elsewhere. But, on the flip-side, I'm not optimistic, because I reckon a lot of the talent that brought us gliding and mounts are gone - purely judging that on the forgettable masteries in EoD.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, dace.8019 said:

It's probably going to be housing. I'm really not for that because it sounds boring to me, but they did mounts so well that I'd be open to seeing what ANet could produce. Maybe player home airships? I suggested that elsewhere. But, on the flip-side, I'm not optimistic, because I reckon a lot of the talent that brought us gliding and mounts are gone - purely judging that on the forgettable masteries in EoD.

I saved the world yet I'm still a hobo who doesn't own any property. 😞 

9 hours ago, Mikali.9651 said:

We are gonna get companions, it's a new trend in the industry, both FFXIV and ESO did it while Guild Wars franchise was actually the first one having it. 

Yep, we gonna go with NPCs into instanced content and maybe even in open world ! 

ESO added companions? 😮 I'll have to look into that.

I love the Trust system in FFXIV. It makes the game feel more "JRPG-ish" and really rival their single-player storytelling. I adore every single character~ they're very well written. Hell, I even love the abandoned Squadron system. My poor retired catboy army.

It's kind of ironic for a different MMO to evolve through capitalizing on what Guild Wars turned their backs on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

At this point the only thing they can shock me with are new races.

Colin talked about adding a new race as the big feature of HoT but went with a new profession to have 3 of each. MO later said a new race was a waste of resources. MO is gone and Colin is back and pushing in a more traditional direction (everyone else is adding new races). A new race may actually be back on the table, but it would need to be justified (to sell it), like an agender dragon race (spoiler: humanoid-form Aurene) that has the perk of serving as a glider/skyscale.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

Colin talked about adding a new race as the big feature of HoT but went with a new profession to have 3 of each. MO later said a new race was a waste of resources. MO is gone and Colin is back and pushing in a more traditional direction (everyone else is adding new races). A new race may actually be back on the table, but it would need to be justified (to sell it), like an agender dragon race (spoiler: humanoid-form Aurene) that has the perk of serving as a glider/skyscale.

About the new race :

I know a new race is really hard to make at that point because they need to adapt every armor set in the game. They already struggle with Charrs. But it would be a stimulating goal (and tengus are more human-like in their morphology). 

So... yeah, I'll settle for Tengus playable race, and Dominion of Winds new 1-15 starting zone, with a kickstart to EoD option after learning how to play and some story twist. 

On 7/14/2022 at 9:48 AM, Mikali.9651 said:

My take on companions

I loved the Hero system in GW1, ESPECIALLY the possibility to add your other playable characters as heroes

I won't complain if they follow the trend. It just need to be balanced to still prioritise other real players and cooperative gameplay.

You know what would be crazy ? A mastery to allow you to "switch" between your character and your hero companion, with a cooldown like weapons. Like arcade fighting games (Tekken Tag, etc.). 

GW2 is known for it's versatile builds (switching weapons, combining abilities with other players), so combining two professions in devastating combos could be the next big thing ! 

While you’re not playing it, your companion could deal less damage, in order to be just a little bonus in Open World.

Here are some other ideas : 

• Multiplayer boats with firepower (role system for passengers, not just emotes like with the skiffs)
  • GvG fights without having to go into McM. Is this game called Guild Wars or what ?
  • Climbing mastery track : being able to climb certain objects. Mounts are not always the solution ! Imagine adding the ability to climb ladders for everyone, and a mastery to climb rocks, vines, etc.
  • Mounts companions : ok this one is a little bit silly. Imagine a new mastery track to upgrade all your mounts with a new dismount skill. Instead of disapearing, your mount could fight at your side for a brief moment.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:48 AM, Mikali.9651 said:

I had the idea of companion type system where you could swap with your companion, either out of battle, or maybe even during battle (you play one at a time). You could gear them and choose their profession and race (maybe even new races).

Player housing might be fun, but I prob wouldn't do it much if it became nickel and diming in the store.

As far as shock goes, I think it might shock people if they redid underwater combat and did it really well. That's something you almost never find done enjoyably in any game and they still did decent with it in its current state, all things considered.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2022 at 11:04 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

Player housing might be fun, but I prob wouldn't do it much if it became nickel and diming in the store.

As far as shock goes, I think it might shock people if they redid underwater combat and did it really well. That's something you almost never find done enjoyably in any game and they still did decent with it in its current state, all things considered.

How would you like it to be different?

2 hours ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

How would you like it to be different?

Underwater combat? I mean, I can't say I have a super clear idea of what I'd like to see. But in general, I think it's very clunky because of the vertical axis; pretty sluggish movement, hard to see where you are in relation to where mobs are or change positioning quickly. Like all the fluidity of action combat that works in the above ground system feels like janky slow-mo to me underwater. And then the sets of skills seem all but abandoned and there are all sorts of skills that are fun to use in normal combat, but have no use underwater.

• Sad 1

i'm currios as to how you guys imagine playerhousing. its gonna be a instance out in the grapes and will be used once or twice by most. and anet will not live up to expectations. 

also new race dosnt mean just new city, starterzone and armor redesign. they also need to make an entire new personal story that needs to live up to the personal story. including how they come into one of the order. also dow tengu are mostly isolationists. only a small group actually operates outside the wall.

I'd like to go deep sea diving in the vast open waters north of Cantha but they never finished the underwater combat alpha. :x Was really hoping EoD would be the turning point for that but it wasn't. But for as long as the game lives there's still time. XD

If all weapons/skills had animations tweaked for underwater use as well as on land well... that is the big dream for a fan of swimming/diving.

Edited by Doggie.3184