Most unusual place you found someone in GW2?

On 7/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

I always wonder why bloodstone Fen is soo populated. Its one of the most easy maps to fully unlock every achievement, skin and material that im surprised how many people are always in that map. 

Could be because it is soo small, and you notice more people. Or because of Aurora. But still.. why are people there? Xd 

stat changeable trinkets is one of the reasons I go there a lot. That'll change when I have completed my legendary trinkets.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

This place everyone might be familiar with but never seen players in it. In rata sum if you off beyond the limits you will be transported to a small place, which is fully enclosed on all Sides. Sorta like a jail. Met a fellow convict there once.

It's literally a jail. You can walk in from the lower level of Rata Sum and see some of the other prisoners.

The day they added gliding to core Tyria that place was surprisingly busy, apparently we all had the same idea.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

The original "Mini-Dungeons" and some JPs, before they made achievements out of them have some cool places, you wondered "is there something special here" (when there was no achievement ping or a chest at the end). I have to agree, that Anya's strawberry patch is an especially sweet one, the "Cerebro" in Caledon (which now I think is barred off due to invisible walls) and I vividly remember the Only Zhul area, after you scaled that icy pillar and can drop down to the pipes ... and you get ambushed by the largest Destroyer in game (at that time) in the final room.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/29/2022 at 5:27 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

It's literally a jail. You can walk in from the lower level of Rata Sum and see some of the other prisoners.

The day they added gliding to core Tyria that place was surprisingly busy, apparently we all had the same idea.

My most recent visit was due to earning my rollerbeetle.

It was a good lesson that rollerbeetle is for some environments and not others.

• Haha 4

On 7/17/2022 at 2:12 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

1) Under the map in Lion's Arch. There was a bug which could drop you through the floor and as I was swimming around checking out the underside of all the buildings I met someone doing the exact same thing.

There are mapbreaks on practically every maps. Gaps that will take you below the surface. Popular with some mesmer trolls to take unsuspecting players to their death or outside the playable area especially during some meta like Gerent or Drakkar.

One mapbreak that I'd fallen through a few times is while fighting the Champ on the West lane of the Aetherblade meta in Seitung. Do get company at times when  others fell in the same hole.

https://ibb.co/cTd4P1c

https://ibb.co/m8062dn

----

Most unusual place meeting someone is the ley-line circle high above Sorrow's Eclipse Waypoint. Just chilling and chatting with guildmates while riding the currrent, round and round.  Never expected to see anyone there so was quite surprised to see someone else doing the same thing

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2022 at 4:33 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

I always wonder why bloodstone Fen is soo populated. Its one of the most easy maps to fully unlock every achievement, skin and material that im surprised how many people are always in that map. 

Could be because it is soo small, and you notice more people. Or because of Aurora. But still.. why are people there? Xd 

Lots of people farm blood rubies because it's a currency you can use to easily get stat alterable ascended rings and amulet and backpiece.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Under the map, porting between resource nodes.

😮

I usually see an asura teleporting from node to node in Siren's Landing.

Pearls and Chests mostly.

It's one of most freaky and strange things I've seen in GW2.

Usually I just want to get out of there, but I kinda got used of seeing it.

Anyways, I have seen someone else once under Silverwastes map too.

There are loads of gaps everywhere that you can just squeeze in through and end up under it.

Also, if your mount doesn't have a skin, which is the case with my beetle, it will get stuck underground; if you jump off, you'll go through the ground.

Which brings me to a sort of rhetorical question I might already know the answer to.

If you go underground in a WvW map, and start killing other players, would that be classed as an exploit?

I imagine that if that happens to players sometimes, they will take full advantage and farm other players.

I went underground in WvW twice around the blue area keep, just by the water. Both occasions I emmidiately WP as soon as I could. 

I was wondering if anyone ever does this if it happens going underground? 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

On 7/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's my second go to map after Bitterfrost Frontier for grinding ascended backpacks/rings/amulets. The small but vertical design makes it feel like the most fun to play of the LWS3 maps.

• Like 3