Why Is There No Special Forces Golem For WvW?

Gotejjeken.1267

I know that obviously raid rotations do not track exactly to WvW (as real people move most times), but why is there no DPS related golem in WvW somewhere? 

At the moment to be 'safe' I have to check my build on the Special Forces golem and then kinda guess if it's going to be as effective in WvW due to number changes and the like.  

Also don't really want to install something like Arc because even though it's 'gray accepted', I have this fear that my account will get flagged as soon as I use anything third party.  

So...can we get a DPS golem in WvW somewhere, even if paid access like Armistice Bastion? 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So...can we get a DPS golem in WvW somewhere, even if paid access like Armistice Bastion? 

There are a few training golems, champ and vets, in Armistice Bastion.  It's not in an exclusive instance and you can not setup those golems like in the raid special forces training area, but they are there. And, like in "real" WvW, there can be other players that do damage to the trainings NPC.  And there is an Arena where you can test your WvW-build and skill against other players.

Also don't really want to install something like Arc because even though it's 'gray accepted', I have this fear that my account will get flagged as soon as I use anything third party.  

Arc is accepted as long as the developer of Arc agrees to Anets terms, which he does. Anet has confirmed this a long time ago. Arc is a standard tool for a lot of raid and WvW players. You don't have to fear account suspension/flagging from using Arc.

At the moment to be 'safe' I have to check my build on the Special Forces golem and then kinda guess if it's going to be as effective in WvW due to number changes and the like.  

If you aren't running arc you have no idea how effective your build is. 

The same applies to raids and the training golem too. Actual performance versus golem benchmarks can differ widely, and that is within a nearlly fully controlled environment. Tack on to that the far more unvontrolled WvW environment and your results on any golem would be near useless.

You can theorize on strips, boon uptime, damage, etc. but unless you actually care enough to track these things, it will remain just that: pure theory.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Haha 1

The AB golem is a terrible joke. The adds keep respawning which inflates your dps, you can't even tell how much dps you do without arcdps while the raid golem does and there is zero customization.

Oh, and there's only a few so multiple people can't easily practice on it.

I do sorta want those training opponents that PvP has, but that's just not happening.

Come to think about it they haven't made any changes to the old lounges anyways. ;s Abandoned content as usual.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

• 2 years later...

Though a necro thread, agree, could see a WvW test golem out in WvW. AB is a paid service so its not the same. Best place might be EotM since it wouldn't eat into anyone queues and would be accessible to all at anytime since it can never have a queue unless purposely choosing a full instance. 

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Though a necro thread, agree, could see a WvW test golem out in WvW. AB is a paid service so its not the same. Best place might be EotM since it wouldn't eat into anyone queues and would be accessible to all at anytime since it can never have a queue unless purposely choosing a full instance. 

Here i am waiting for Darkbringrr, my bud, to spawn next to me and summoning magic with purpose just to help update a wiki for a game no one still has full knowledge of...Rending Shade wiki page only shows pve version, pvp/wvw version no one knows priority list and its a pain in the butt!

On 7/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

There's no risk. The company doesn't support it because they don't develop it (obviously), but Arc follows their requirements for an allowed 3rd party extension; they won't flag you for using it. Anet partners use it, streamers use it, Anet developers use it themselves. Get Arc.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

There's no risk. The company doesn't support it because they don't develop it (obviously), but Arc follows their requirements for an allowed 3rd party extension; they won't flag you for using it. Anet partners use it, streamers use it, Anet developers use it themselves. Get Arc.

In the span of the two years since I wrote that and now, I have indeed tried arc, and it has indeed broken with every patch they do, in accordance with:

Note to users of third-party programs: The game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities. ArenaNet cannot offer support if a third-party modification breaks, interferes with, or prevents you from playing Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2. Our policy regarding third-party programs can be found here.

So, I just uninstalled arc a while ago as it doesn't seem to work in sPvP anyway and that's more what I do now.  Was only really using it to test output on WvW roaming builds but have somewhat lost interest in WvW with each change they make.  

On 9/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

In the span of the two years since I wrote that and now, I have indeed tried arc, and it has indeed broken with every patch they do, in accordance with:

Note to users of third-party programs: The game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities. ArenaNet cannot offer support if a third-party modification breaks, interferes with, or prevents you from playing Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2. Our policy regarding third-party programs can be found here.

So, I just uninstalled arc a while ago as it doesn't seem to work in sPvP anyway and that's more what I do now.  Was only really using it to test output on WvW roaming builds but have somewhat lost interest in WvW with each change they make.  

That's fair. If sPvP is your main focus then its more of a hassle for you than a benefit. That said, the developer is quick to update it, usually within the same day, when a patch releases.