The Open World Raidboss Build

Myror.7521

My man, if you like BsW so be it. 

The core problem here is that 1 year has passed since that abomination was shown to us. 

And for one year, us, elitist, hater, regular 'warrior main', cringe lords over here, predicted everything to a point. 

We knew what this spec would do, how it would behave, where balance would get it. 

Simple. Just because not many decide to be vocal on their opinions and use the forums, does not mean our opinions are held around here as some secret consensus where we try to form propaganda or something. 

Been in at least 30 wvw/pvp discords and the only thing I get from warrior mains, is the annoyance of having to play BsW cause it's healing carries it to tank ALL damage. 

Spec design is bad. We have been calling this (and go check) since the reveal trailer and the first beta when Lush Forest was the Shoutheal enabler. 

That changed, Anet decided to forget the other specs for a year, not even compensating the lost resistance with resolution and even had the audacity of buffing shouts to suit BsW, when the years before, asking for some higher heal coeffs was met with ignorance and disregard. 

Enjoy your shiny samurai. No one from here will take it away from you. The issues still persist. A broken Elite aimed at holding this spec up from being annihilated to oblivion (due to the dmg competitors do) and a single trait that aims to hotfix all the warrior concerns since Feb 2020.

Unblockable, unblindable, stun scaling, might pumping, ranged/movement/stationary burst. This overloaded abomination. It disgusts me ew. 

Anyway, you are on a crusade to bring down the bad warriors, but outside a couple of my clowning posts, I am but a tiny fragment of the suggestions have put out. And have had my fair run with warrior the past 3 years I have been playing. 

I think I and others are allowed to show our discontent with a mechanically broken spec in the official public forums as customers of this company and consumers of the product we were asked to provide feedback on. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

-Literally hasn't played the spec-

-Thinks he is at all qualified to talk on the subject of how the spec plays in actual content-

🤡🤡🤡🤡

Emojis say more about the author than the subject to which they refer...

12 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Just because not many decide to be vocal on their opinions and use the forums, does not mean our opinions are held around here as some secret consensus where we try to form propaganda or something. 

Sssshhhh! (pulls aside) You're going to blow the lid on this operation...(wink) But yes, not all of us drink the kool-aid. That does not make us "propagandists" lmao! Strong opinions have a tendency to seem like "propaganda" simply because of their strength of their stances.

12 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Been in at least 30 wvw/pvp discords and the only thing I get from warrior mains, is the annoyance of having to play BsW cause it's healing carries it to tank ALL damage. 

Spec design is bad. We have been calling this (and go check) since the reveal trailer and the first beta when Lush Forest was the Shoutheal enabler. 

That changed, Anet decided to forget the other specs for a year, not even compensating the lost resistance with resolution and even had the audacity of buffing shouts to suit BsW, when the years before, asking for some higher heal coeffs was met with ignorance and disregard. 

Enjoy your shiny samurai. No one from here will take it away from you. The issues still persist. A broken Elite aimed at holding this spec up from being annihilated to oblivion (due to the dmg competitors do) and a single trait that aims to hotfix all the warrior concerns since Feb 2020.

Unblockable, unblindable, stun scaling, might pumping, ranged/movement/stationary burst. This overloaded abomination. It disgusts me ew. 

Anyway, you are on a crusade to bring down the bad warriors, but outside a couple of my clowning posts, I am but a tiny fragment of the suggestions have put out. And have had my fair run with warrior the past 3 years I have been playing. 

I think I and others are allowed to show our discontent with a mechanically broken spec in the official public forums as customers of this company and consumers of the product we were asked to provide feedback on. 

You bring up an interesting point about shouts. Warriors have requested buffs to shouts for years(and not just healing either) only to be conveniently buffed when bladesworn is out! Interesting isn't it!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Despite what one individual thinks the following has been the more or less acknowledged either on these forums, or via various discords:

1) If you're having fun with it, knock yourself out and have a blast. You can certainly survive well with it in competitive and OW.

2) The spec has a trait and an elite skill that are propping up the spec hard in competitive play that are not good for the overall game, specifically the elite.

3) This trait and elite skill will get nerfed down the line because they are not good for the overall game.

4) When they get nerfed the very distinct flaws in the spec that are not well designed will become glaringly obvious and the spec will no longer be able to perform in competitive play, and depending on the nerfs may also kneecap the spec in PvE. These are painfully obvious now, but they are obfuscated by one trait and the elite.

5) Pointing out these flaws now does not make anyone a hater. I, and many others here want all warrior specs to be viable and functional in multiple game modes. Pointing out the very obviously bad flaws of the spec and remaining vocal about them until they are ironed out is to help Anet and keep them aware of what the issues will be down the road when the inevitable nerfs to TR and UD happen. And those nerfs will happen.

All that said, point 1 still stands. If anyone is enjoying BSW for what it is, great, go have fun. Meanwhile the rest of us who see the issues that will arise further down the road will continue to advocate to make BSW better on the functional level.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Despite what one individual thinks the following has been the more or less acknowledged either on these forums, or via various discords:

1) If you're having fun with it, knock yourself out and have a blast. You can certainly survive well with it in competitive and OW.

2) The spec has a trait and an elite skill that are propping up the spec hard in competitive play that are not good for the overall game, specifically the elite.

3) This trait and elite skill will get nerfed down the line because they are not good for the overall game.

4) When they get nerfed the very distinct flaws in the spec that are not well designed will become glaringly obvious and the spec will no longer be able to perform in competitive play, and depending on the nerfs may also kneecap the spec in PvE. These are painfully obvious now, but they are obfuscated by one trait and the elite.

5) Pointing out these flaws now does not make anyone a hater. I, and many others here want all warrior specs to be viable and functional in multiple game modes. Pointing out the very obviously bad flaws of the spec and remaining vocal about them until they are ironed out is to help Anet and keep them aware of what the issues will be down the road when the inevitable nerfs to TR and UD happen. And those nerfs will happen.

All that said, point 1 still stands. If anyone is enjoying BSW for what it is, great, go have fun. Meanwhile the rest of us who see the issues that will arise further down the road will continue to advocate to make BSW better on the functional level.

I think we "whiners" should have shut the kitten up in the betas and left their original design shine, with the burst only on the gunsaber so everyone would need discipline, 5 second cast on DT, fancy 1 second burn trait, DT interrupting since you pressed the button too hard and it went off instantly, no stability on entering DT or the fast charge on Tactical reload.

At least I wouldn't be annoyed by people trying to prove me that BS very good design and warrior is fine, every kittening week. The problem is those people will move on and for me there will be yet another broken toy elite spec after the GRAND VISION changes patch come yet again.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I think we "whiners" should have shut the kitten up in the betas and left their original design shine, with the burst only on the gunsaber so everyone would need discipline, 5 second cast on DT, fancy 1 second burn trait, DT interrupting since you pressed the button too hard and it went off instantly, no stability on entering DT or the fast charge on Tactical reload.

At least I wouldn't be annoyed by people trying to prove me that BS very good design and warrior is fine, every kittening week. The problem is those people will move on and for me there will be yet another broken toy elite spec after the GRAND VISION changes patch come yet again.  

Sad really...

Anet may reverse course yet on warrior after the banner rework outcry, but we'll see.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:56 AM, Pati.2438 said:

@Lighter.5631 It acutally is NOT Bad in Open World. It is Bad when it comes to more cc chains and hight conditions means its mehh against groups but its complete shine against solo bosses. So as hard as i do not like bladesworn its still decent in 1 targed situations.

It is bad because it is boring and it is clunky and it is least effective

you can literally live with anything, just play berserker and delete/farm trash mobs way faster.

and spellbreaker is way better at solo bosses and more fun and it is not a pve spec.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 7/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Oh i definitely expected it.

The general consensus here (aka the echchamber of the same 5 people) has been pretty clear.

Your not a frequenter of this forum then.  Many limited use posters have commented negatively and not returned.  It is overwhelmingly disliked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Logos.3042 said:

Your not a frequenter of this forum then.  Many limited use posters have commented negatively and not returned.  It is overwhelmingly disliked.

Yep. An even casual read through of the official feedback thread would show that. People like the theme for sure, but the mechanics are overwhelmingly disliked. The general feedback was very consistent between the frequent forum users and the infrequent users.

Sadly, Anet is doubling down on the things that were ill received. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I've played this class for few days, I found this profession had several flaws:
1. Lack of quick get  Flows at the beginning in combat
2. Dragon Slash, which is not easy to hit, especially BOSS will cast CC skills with high frequency and like to roam.
3. Mandatory Gunsaber mode after every Dragon Trigger

Recommendations for 1:
Berserker can instantly into Burst with a headshot, but Bladesworn doesn't. My suggestion is to add effect on healing skills to get 20~30flow immediately
Recommendations for 2:
Just missing one Dragon Slash in Rotation will lose a lot of DPS.
My suggestion would be to reduce the Charge time or if interrupted in Dragon Slash mode, then get a buff and increase the  next damage of Dragon Slash to compensate.
Recommendations for 3:
Forced into Gunsaber mode will make the dps rotation harder, resulting in fewer players wanting to try the class. My suggestion is to reduce the Cooldown time of Gunsaber switching or remove this mechanism.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Oh i definitely expected it.

The general consensus here (aka the echchamber of the same 5 people) has been pretty clear.

you expected what, as a frequenter i can safely tell you there were a time before not long after release.

a lot of non frequent form reader came here and posted about their dislike.

it was a sight to see.

and really, the class playtime stats talk itself. berserker far exceeds bladesworn. 

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

and really, the class playtime stats talk itself. berserker far exceeds bladesworn. 

As far as I know, we haven't received any data about play time statistics from Arenanet, so this statement means little.

And before anyone comments on it, gw2efficiency doesn't count.

• Confused 1

The issue with bladesworn is the gameplay not the performance in OW PvE.

Without a doubt, some people will be attracted by this gameplay (whether it be because of RP or not) but it's also true that other people can easily come to hate this same gameplay.

So, if what one want is to perform well and don't care about the process necessary to do that, then yes Bladesworn is a good spec.

On another hand if one want to have a fluid gameplay with a good "flow" then no bladesworn is a very bad spec for that.

Personally, I loath most warrior weapons because their animation don't make the gameplay fluid enough to my taste, often pidgeonholing me in using axe/axe. So when I see bladesworn gameplay, I just can't help but loath the spec as a whole.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As far as I know, we haven't received any data about play time statistics from Arenanet, so this statement means little.

And before anyone comments on it, gw2efficiency doesn't count.

how gw2efficiency doesnt count lol.

you statement is baseless.

34 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

you statement is baseless.

While it is a good source, along with the raid wing man site, it is based only on the users that have uploaded their information to those sites. The actual hard statistics from Anet may show a different story, but I wonder how many 'warrior' gameplay hours are really newly converted pack mules/JP chest openers only.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

While it is a good source, along with the raid wing man site, it is based only on the users that have uploaded their information to those sites. The actual hard statistics from Anet may show a different story, 

People need to realize every single statistic are pulled from a large pool of stats and not every single stats.

gw2e's data pool is large enough to actually present the reality of things.

i doubt the anet's stats will be different hardly.

by this logic of gw2effiency not being valid, no statistic in the world is valid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

It mostly contains a limited sample size of efficiency-oriented players, so it's not reflecting anything about the entire playerbase (of which most players likely do not care about efficiency).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It mostly contains a limited sample size of efficiency-oriented players, so it's not reflecting anything about the entire playerbase (of which most players likely do not care about efficiency).

gw2efficiency player data base is large enough to represent the general behavior of gw2 player base.

what logic can you not understand.

also

most dedicated, invested player will get a gw2e account.

while a large portion of players who did not get one,

have players who barely even leveled to lv80, who plays with green gear, or missing equipement. or simply played story etc.

which heavily decrease the actual credibility of this group of player.

we don't need these players to be part of a graph which show case the the game's fundamental flaws. we only need to look at the players who are actually invested, which gw2e is more then enough to qualify.

i don't even know how many times i typed these, people somehow can not understand this very simple logic.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lighter.5631 said:

gw2efficiency player data base is large enough to represent the general behavior of gw2 player base.

what logic can you not understand.

You are the person who does not understand.

It's at best a small minority of people who play the game. They are little more than a proverbial drop of water on a hot stone in comparison to the entire playerbase. That site doesn't have any data about the vast majority and how they play. Thus, the sample size is too small and too lopsided in one direction of the game to be of use for any conclusions.

Unless Arenanet release official statistics (which they are unlikely to do), we literally have no statistics that are viable to draw any conclusions. For all we know (which is next to nothing) most of the play time (which does not come from players registered at gw2efficiency) could be on a profession that is ranked very low on gw2efficiency.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You are the person who does not understand.

It's at best a small minority of people who play the game. They are little more than a proverbial drop of water on a hot stone in comparison to the entire playerbase. That site doesn't have any data about the vast majority and how they play. Thus, the sample size is too small and too lopsided in one direction of the game to be of use for any conclusions.

Unless Arenanet release official statistics (which they are unlikely to do), we literally have no statistics that are viable to draw any conclusions. For all we know (which is next to nothing) most of the play time (which does not come from players registered at gw2efficiency) could be on a profession that is ranked very low on gw2efficiency.

LOL what. you don't seem to understand at all.

people who are not invested in the game(who mostly will not have gw2e account) does not qualify for the indication of the game's flaw.

people who are invested are the ones who qualify and understand the game

and most likely they will have a gw2e account.

why would you care about the opinion of a player who didn't even finish the story on how flaw the game is LOL.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

why would you care about the opinion of a player who didn't even finish the story on how flaw the game is LOL.

If you are willing to disregard the vast majority for the sake of an argument that affects the entire playerbase, than it can't be helped.

But at least try to remember that there are people looking at the whole picture, not just the tiny excerpt you look at.

Edited by Fueki.4753