Very Low FPS In Trading Post [Merged]

Just now, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

someone dropped more than a milion potent venom sacs in the tp in like 2 days

T5 mats prices are always weird, because they depend on the T6 mats prices which tanked thanks to the GeForce NOW promo that allowed log-in farmers to acquire as many heroic editions as they wanted for a period of 7 weeks or so. Personally I have counted many new farmers that seem to be well above 100 accounts since the end of last month.

If you are actually looking for TP bots, I guess you should start looking for items with a high (above 15%) buy-order-to-sell-order-spread. From my observation you'll notice a lot of canceled buy orders on popular runes and sigils at the moment, but I doubt that all of them are bots.

If TP bots were as rampant as you suspect, they'd probably reach equilibrium for attractive items rather quickly which would pretty much defeat the purpose of a bot. Not to forget that you can't flood the server with orders or cancelations at superhuman speeds in the first place. Try ordering 32k +1 Agony Infusions an tell me about your experience. :classic_tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

well i've sold potent venom sacs a month ago then when i sold them again the prices/quantity where weird and i started to look at the tp

then i googled and i found out why prices/quantity go up'n'down so fast 🤦‍♂️

ps

someone dropped more than a milion potent venom sacs in the tp in like 2 days

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/24282-Potent-Venom-Sac

I don't know, the supply curve seems to be relatively flat for the last 3 months, but thanks 😛

6 minutes ago, AllAmericanGirls.7361 said:

Personally I have counted many new farmers that seem to be well above 100 accounts since the end of last month.

Again, pure curiosity: how/where did you count them? This question is not the equivalent of challenging their existance, since they clearly do exist, no doubt about it. But how does one count the new ones, knowing theire accounts are into 100s?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But how does one count the new ones, knowing theire accounts are into 100s?

Look at their names :classic_cool:

I do weekly key runs on my main account and during the time of the GFN promo, every time I went through they human starter instance, I noticed blobs of characters with numbered names popping in. It's often something like "name" + "number" or "other identifier". Some folks use letters, others are more creative and use colors, etc. People are more open about it on the EU servers it seems, but you can spot them in the US as well. There might be people trolling, especially those two guys in Rata Sum (EU) who have their characters numbered above 400, but I don't doubt that someone has 100+ accounts, if they log-in with a huge bunch of numbered characters every day.

edit: Yeah, I get that people here on the forums pretend that log-in farmers don't exist and get a bit "confused". I should've mentioned that I usually check both the character names and their public display names to be sure it's not just a numbered alt on the same account. Not to mention that some of those log-in farmers are actually people you can talk to and not just bots. Although some are a bit defensive when it comes to their actual account numbers. 

Edited by AllAmericanGirls.7361
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know, the supply curve seems to be relatively flat for the last 3 months, but thanks 😛

may to june i sold them for 23-24 then someone started to downcut

at some point someone sold literal tons of them until 13c was hit and at that point 380k popped at 18c

then there was up n down 13-17 with the ones at 18 going down

then there was a buy at 13 (more than 300k) and someone sold them all

the 18c increased again by around 200k

then up n down again 13-17

now is 61k at 20c and 0 buy (theres some but cant sell at 12 and anet didnt clean the db)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

may to june i sold them for 23-24 then someone started to downcut

at some point someone sold literal tons of them until 13c was hit and at that point 380k popped at 18c

then there was up n down 13-17 with the ones at 18 going down

then there was a buy at 13 (more than 300k) and someone sold them all

the 18c increased again by around 200k

then up n down again 13-17

now is 61k at 20c and 0 buy (theres some but cant sell at 12 and anet didnt clean the db)

Ok and how does this fit in the tp bots theory? They bought high and started selling low to... lose gold on driving the price down?

What you've shown me are the dots. Please connect them for me to drive the point home 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Dunno, what you are going on about. I just bought out all sell orders from 13c to 19c (~1k pieces) for a couple of minutes and posted some buy orders for another 1k pieces and it took something like 20 minutes to get to a 18c-19c buy-sell-spread on the TP without any further intervention. It looks like the typical volatility of T5 mats to me. 

I also posted a buy order for a stack of a certain semi-popular rune and it's still the top one after an hour, despite a profit margin above 10%. I've already flipped around 50 runes, so I don't think that TP botting is that rampant as you describe.

Personally I'm more frustrated and disappointed by the number of underground teleporting chest farmbots that I notice every day when rotating through my parked alts.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What you've shown me are the dots. Please connect them for me to drive the point home 😄 

I've my popcorn ready, because I wanna hear that story as well. :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They bought high and started selling low to... lose gold on driving the price down?

it looked like there was someone with tons of sac on multi account that has setup some tp bot and was undercutting his own sells then at some point has put all at 18c

then few days later again

now is still 20 on sell

theres some buy 13-14-15-19

my 4 stack are sitting @ 24 🥺

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

now is still 20 on sell

theres some buy 13-14-15-19

Yeah sorry, I wasn't in the mood to drive the price much higher than that :classic_tongue: Maybe I buy out more later, once I checked the amount of spirit shards on my alt accounts.

Especially after having the TP crash on me 6x in the last 2 hours. :classic_unsure:

9 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

my 4 stack are sitting @ 24 🥺

You are aware of the T5 -> T6 material promotions in the Mystic Forge? Selling T5 directly is almost always the worst option.

• Like 2

Same, it's very jarring and throws my eyes for a loop after using it for a while... throwing the UI into Normal fixes this (as long as it stays in Normal) .. but it eats up most of my screen space and just feels weird after being use to keeping it on small for so many years...

On 7/23/2022 at 1:30 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

I honestly dont know, are Amazon's servers that bad?

Yes, yes they are.  Especially if you go for the more cost-saving options and get everything from clock-rate limits to bandwidth restrictions on network, memory, and disks.

Came here to report this as well.  Appears to have started after the last patch.  It's not just the Trading Post, though.  The entirety of the Black Lion Trading Company window lags noticeably.  No other aspects of the game appear to be lagging, even when the BLTC window is open.  Also of note, the lag is experienced whether I open the BLTC window in the field or if I launch the trade window from a Trade NPC.

Edited by ZioGio.9102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1