Mythical creatures you want in GW2

SoulGuardian.6203

Mythical Creatures  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice of creatures

On 8/1/2022 at 3:48 AM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

GW1 imps have wings too though, and imps having wings or not is not exactly details in mythology. Original imps are just small mischievous creatures. Exact appearance is never truly defined nor consistent.

Oh my, for some reason I thought the GW1 imps' wings were their EARS 🤣 Thanks for the trip down memory lane with both these and the old trolls.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:32 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

YES THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!! I really would love some expansions that take inspiration from specific areas and give us a lot of things from that culture like European stuff such as this or maybe Greek since that’s always a popular mythology. And several of those creatures already exist so anet can dish some sweet sweet lore for them 

• 2 weeks later...

GW1 heavily alluded to insectoid gods that existed long before the human gods and that would really be one of the only ways for Tyria to still be threatened after Aurene became a full fledged Elder Dragon. You could even see their corpses still twitching and breathing in the Realm of Torment during the Nighttfall Expansion.

This would put them into the realm of Kraken-ish beings. But going for more strictly IRL mythological creatures, bees are often featured in creation myths - and we know the devs can probably pull off some cool eldritch bee designs. Flies are also obvious symbols of death and decay from old Babylonian depictions, and the obvious Egyptian beetle/scarabs too.

Edited by maxwelgm.4315

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Actually, I think the 6 Gods themselves should be the next threat in Tyria, and each one would have a champion.

Perhaps Balthazar could comeback and release the kraken.

Well least 5 of the gods, unless they show up with a new god of war. Since we know the outcome of Balthazar.  
Even if a whole new 6 shows up with their own champions to destroy Tyria that may work too. 

I’m surprised Kraken is so high.

isn’t that what the jade maw is? 

would be interesting to see if there’s something the jade maw is a servant of.  C’Thulu esque creature with two eyes that are jade maws.

then a map meta where we’re all just spinning around in a whirlpool blasting him with siege turtles parked on skiffs as he’s halfway out of the water.