Is Chrono Dead?

mungozen.2379

It’s hard to find any recommended builds for Chrono and looking at the upcoming changes do not feel that they move the needle on Chrono builds going forward either.   Wells are a mess and the traits make less sense with every tweak since pre-EoD.

Can anyone suggest truly viable Chrono builds for any game mode at this time?  Or is Chrono dead until a developer decides to actually invest time and energy into understanding the mess they have created?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

As of right now, yes, Chronomancer is definitly dead. After the next patch I see it not getting any better for support, but DPS Chrono will be "fine-ish" altho that's not really what Chrono needed.

Yes the damage of sup Chrono will increase, but not nearly enough to make it viable given the horrible state it is in right now. Additionally shield and greatsword are fully forced upon support Chrono, making it now absolutely impossible to use focus for utililty / pull, which is a big fat "b-slap" in the face of support Chrono.

The way I see it, it will be dead even post August 2nd patch, until they decide it was probably a bad idea to force 2 weapons on support as a default and have such low base boon durations without any good wells anymore. They completely gutted the class with their "rework"... It's quite sad.

Edited by Xyonon.3987
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Xyonon.3987 said:

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

As of right now, yes, Chronomancer is definitly dead. After the next patch I see it not getting any better for support, but DPS Chrono will be "fine-ish" altho that's not really what Chrono needed.

Yes the damage of sup Chrono will increase, but not nearly enough to make it viable given the horrible state it is in right now. Additionally shield and greatsword are fully forced upon support Chrono, making it now absolutely impossible to use focus for utililty / pull, which is a big fat "b-slap" in the face of support Chrono.

The way I see it, it will be dead even post August 2nd patch, until they decide it was probably a bad idea to force 2 weapons on support as a default and have such low base boon durations without any good wells anymore. They completely gutted the class with their "rework"... It's quite sad.

Its actually funny. When I read the notes for the june update I went from top to bottom. And my initial impression was (until I got to warrior) that the chrono changes were the biggest failures out of the whole patch. How can you mess up a functional support build in inspiration chrono so badly.

It could work so well with a tempest healer who wants to use aura heal...

• Haha 2