Danger time vs improve Alacrity

Stavros.8249

I was wandering which one to pick after the upcoming patch. Danger time give critical chance that power chrono so desperate need. On the other hand improve Alacrity give damage and better CDs, but I quess u go with eagle runes. I would like to hear you opinion

Good question.  Biggest problem here is that Improved Alacrity has a habit of dropping Alacrity on the chrono, since most alac builds are made to barely maintain it permanently.  If you have a team that upkeeps alacrity in enough excess, then Improved Alacrity is definitely better.  It is also better than Danger Time if you do not have a team that maintains permanent slow (two of any condi mech, condi mirage, condi specter).

ignoring improved alacrity’s improved alacrity for now, a 10% critical strike bonus (and expecting to crit 100% of the time) is akin to having 10% extra power. for simplicity’s sake, this would look like +300 effective power @ 3000 power (after 25 might, food buffs, etc)

similarly for danger time (assuming 100% slow uptime), 15% crit chance is equal to 315 precision, or what could be +315 effective power

which one is better depends on the situation (i.e. alac/slow uptime and character power), but so far improved alacrity still has better alacrity on top of chrono having more natural access to alac vs slow. however, it is still not known whether improved alacrity also affects illusions which make up for ~40% of chronos (with chronophantasma) output, so the optimal choice remains unclear

id personally still take improved alacrity though  because its build has a better guarantee on crits

edit: judging how improved alacrity will work (checks for alacrity on self), its more likely that the dmg increase will not affect illusions (unless they have alacrity themselves but even then they might not get the bonus)

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605

Well Danger time is useless and will be until Anet changes the requirements to be something actually viable.

Improved alacrity was already the better choice and they made it better, of course that means you will need to stack more precision on your armour meaning you can't share the armour with other builds.

3 hours ago, Mikael Ekvall.6039 said:

They should not compete against each other. It is truly horrible. I still hope they wont go through with that when the patch goes live. But i have a few ascended assassin's pieces just laying around. Ill guess i slap them on.

I have already changed my gear like 3 times. From support chrono with soi to bersekers chrono with 200 agony resistance for precision and now I have to do assasin or eagle runes... 

12 hours ago, Stavros.8249 said:

I have already changed my gear like 3 times. From support chrono with soi to bersekers chrono with 200 agony resistance for precision and now I have to do assasin or eagle runes... 

I know it doesnt help at all but 3 times is still quite a low number. In WvW you have to do that every patch. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:54 AM, Endaris.1452 said:

Improved Alacrity was already in competition with Danger Time before the patch. Right now it is straight up superior and you most certainly don't want to be running Danger Time.

I was already hating danger time, cause I couldn't get to 100% slow. I think I will go with improve alacrity, eagle runes and 6 parts assasin gear. As a power chrono I will keep up alacrity with shatters. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind the GS buffs, while not ideal, are pretty significant. GS3 almost doubled in damage, and GS4 got a huge increase on the first part of it's attack as well. I feel Chrono gets a lot out of this patch all things considered, but only time will tell.

Edited by Waffles.5632

Be it group or solo I use IA way more now; besides, I'm already nearly 100% crit with fury + thief runes. Good luck upkeeping slow alone unless you run a bunch of CC coupled with delayed reactions. 😬In that case, it is just too much of a sacrifice to give up damage for extra crit chance on slow.