Offhand Pistol Needs Less Pushback and/or More Range

Yerlock.4678

The pushback of pistol considering the awful range makes it a hard option to swallow, especially considering shield or war horn.

While I love the idea of a Bloodborne style toon who can blow up people at close range, it still feels like I’m being pushed back on a skating rink when I use the 5 ability. 

Either the range of the skill needs to be increased, or the the pushback with more shots of ammo needs to be less, or both. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

The pushback of pistol considering the awful range makes it a hard option to swallow, especially considering shield or war horn.

While I love the idea of a Bloodborne style toon who can blow up people at close range, it still feels like I’m being pushed back on a skating rink when I use the 5 ability. 

Either the range of the skill needs to be increased, or the the pushback with more shots of ammo needs to be less, or both. 

Pistol 5's pushback can be effectively negated by running forward while using it.  

Also of note, the skill has 2 parts:

1.) you point your gun at the target (1/2s cast)

2.) the explosions go off (about 3/4s if you use 6 ammo)

The "channel" of the skill is only the first part where you point your gun.  Once that's over, you can do w/e you want while the explosions are going off.   This is immensely useful because it allows you point it at someone and almost immediately dodge or activate another skill while Dragon's Roar is still doing its thing.

It's pretty cool 🙂

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Legion.9617 said:

The off-hand pistol needs less off-hand pistol. It serves no design space properly.

Wish there was a MH weapon that would fit with it, it would have been cool if sword got its skills changed when BS is used, like Virtuoso has one sword skill like that, bonus points if the sword is ranged and works like a pistol.

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Rocket propelled Chainsaws instead of AA chain.

Cool but we have keep with the theme of the gun samurai, so think explosions and wind slicing like the "gun saber" , I think they can do something like the Necro staff animation overlay to look like the sword has fancy Bladesworn tech on it.
The other option is to just give a kitten range MH pistol to BS, but I have the strange feeling they are keeping it for the next elite spec for some dumb reason.

Just now, Vancho.8750 said:

Cool but we have keep with the theme of the gun samurai, so think explosions and wind slicing like the "gun saber" , I think they can do something like the Necro staff animation overlay to look like the sword has fancy Bladesworn tech on it.
The other option is to just give a kitten range MH pistol to BS, but I have the strange feeling they are keeping it for the next elite spec for some dumb reason.

Fine then. Amber Cartridged propelled Nippon steel chainsaws.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

You know...I've thought of a funny thing. Eventually, we're going to run out of weapons to grant professions access to. What then? What's the next selling point? Eventually everybody is going to be the "weapons-master"...you know...warrior's job(supposedly...)!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You know...I've thought of a funny thing. Eventually, we're going to run out of weapons to grant professions access to. What then? What's the next selling point? Eventually everybody is going to be the "weapons-master"...you know...warrior's job(supposedly...)!

I think there will be only one more expansion. Maybe another LW season after it, but then either Anet will get cut off by NCSoft or they'll announce GW3 or some other MMO.

So, next Expac will obviously be melee Focus for yet another OH weapon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think there will be only one more expansion. Maybe another LW season after it, but then either Anet will get cut off by NCSoft or they'll announce GW3 or some other MMO.

So only heavy class with no Staff? Mhm fair. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

i've watched and read similar content, rumors and speculations of gw3. 🤔

but i don't want to be believing everything i watch or read from the internet. 🤣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Making it a 900 range projectile with no pushback would be interesting. Almost giving an auto attack to the offhand. Lose the aoe aspect, but give it the range, maybe give it piercing? 

Personally, I think Dragon's Roar is pretty good as it is.  IDK why they did the whole push-back thing; I could do without that, but w/e.

If I were to change pistol,  I would make Gunstinger an Ammo skill with 2 charges (maybe 20-25s CD per charge).  This grants another source of Aegis (always a good thing), another gap closer, and fuels your offense from Dragon's Roar.  Oh, and it synergizes with the ammo theme of the spec and tactical reload.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Personally, I think Dragon's Roar is pretty good as it is.  IDK why they did the whole push-back thing; I could do without that, but w/e.

If I were to change pistol,  I would make Gunstinger an Ammo skill with 2 charges (maybe 20-25s CD per charge).  This grants another source of Aegis (always a good thing), another gap closer, and fuels your offense from Dragon's Roar.  Oh, and it synergizes with the ammo theme of the spec and tactical reload.

I could get behind that so long as the pushback on Dragon's Roar is removed. I find it very odd that they added that in after removing the knockback on engineer rifle.

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I could get behind that so long as the pushback on Dragon's Roar is removed. I find it very odd that they added that in after removing the knockback on engineer rifle.

yeah I really don't know what they were going for with the pistol pushback.  Maybe just trying to make it feel more impactful, like you're firing off a really powerful shot?  Serves almost no useful purpose (I guess it technically removes immobile if you had Warrior's Sprint traited...).  Weird.