can you make jade tech underwater weapons

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think an underwater weapon skin was released today for the first time in years. That might be an optimistic sign of more to come

I'm definitely curious whether it could mean they're considering revisiting underwater at some point, or if it's just capitalizing on EoD themes. That there's so little content underwater weapons are relevant in does make me wonder. But then, they did do a jade bot skin and that's relevant for little too, so maybe it means nothing, idk.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm definitely curious whether it could mean they're considering revisiting underwater at some point, or if it's just capitalizing on EoD themes. That there's so little content underwater weapons are relevant in does make me wonder. But then, they did do a jade bot skin and that's relevant for little too, so maybe it means nothing, idk.

I suspect it is more likely it’s because they are looking over old feedback and ticking off some old ideas prior to steam. Underwater weapons skins is a long asked for request and testing the water with a black lion skin seems a logical way to start down the road.

I would be shocked if we got revised underwater content. The opportunities have been and gone too many times to get any hopes up.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I suspect it is more likely it’s because they are looking over old feedback and ticking off some old ideas prior to steam. Underwater weapons skins is a long asked for request and testing the water with a black lion skin seems a logical way to start down the road.

I would be shocked if we got revised underwater content. The opportunities have been and gone too many times to get any hopes up.

Fair point, I hadn't thought of it that way. I def am not getting my hopes up about it, just being curious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

whether it could mean they're considering revisiting underwater at some point,

There was a lot of speculation to that effect back before EoD when sunken chests, swimspeed infusions, and the underwater skimmer were added. Not much playable underwater content has emerged but who knows what the future will bring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Fair point, I hadn't thought of it that way. I def am not getting my hopes up about it, just being curious.

As Ashen says, there have been minor reworks before with skills, infusions, new breathers, extra skimmer mastery - none heralded anything. This is a new team, with a new vision, but it’s a dance we’ve waltzed often enough before.

I welcome more skins though and not just BL ones. Rare drops from Leviathan perhaps 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think an underwater weapon skin was released today for the first time in years. That might be an optimistic sign of more to come

End of Dragons included a new skin for all water weapons in the Canthan Champion Weapon Box. They're sold on the TP as cheap named exotics (and they're good).

@ OP: The spear is jade tech themed, btw.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leopard_Fang

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 3

While I'd love for them to give us full sets of weapon skins (and complete existing sets), they have mentioned a handful of times that they can't be bothered to make underwater weapons.

The last time they mentioned that was in one of the blog posts regarding the Aurene legendaries.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

If a Jade Tech Golem can't function underwater I'm not sure the weapons would be able to. Even though they like... technically came from water.

if that was the case the jade tech skiff wouldn't be able to eaither. so it makes sense that they have waterproofing for some of their tech 🙂

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:12 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

End of Dragons included a new skin for all water weapons in the Canthan Champion Weapon Box. They're sold on the TP as cheap named exotics (and they're good).

@ OP: The spear is jade tech themed, btw.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leopard_Fang

the spear is actually not jade tech the spear doesn't seem to have a clear power source and apears to be just a spear made with jade if you actually look into it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1