Has PvP gotten harder over the years? (higher skill caps)

Gerrand.3085

On 8/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, eyelogix.1654 said:

no the matchmaking system is garbage due to the low pvp population. You don't always play silver against silver as an example.

Agreed... Plat players should Never have Silvers on their team but this happens so embarrassingly often...

Everyone in the top 250 practically know each other by their first names lol.

• Like 1

no you may not have gotten worse

the game has

matchmaking is at the lowest point ever (probably because of pop)

balancing is at its lowest point ever combined with easy pay2win EoD elite specs (buy the new specs you will instantly be better)

seriously ultimately the game has gotten less technical and easier to play over time most likely to bring bad players closer to good ones lowering the skill/exploit ceiling so there isn't as much of a gap fighting games do this all the time in certain games so low tiers have a chance (even if they will still likely lose).

13 hours ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

balancing is at its lowest point ever

You can believe it or not...., but the current overall balance and Build diversity.... is actually at a respectable point currently.

Just 1 year ago it was 1supportguard,2necros, 1 Thief and 1 other specs that didnt really matter, cuz necros hitting 10k with Lich and a supportguardion(cuz there were no other supports), and a thief decapping was all you needed.....

This game had stages that were WAYYY worse. Stages were the meta was alot more stale. Stages where some professions were not seen at all when going above gold....  Every profession currently has atleast 1 build that can be played all the way up into Plat. And there is no Gamebreaking stuff like Chronobunker for example.

Have you played in the Chronobunker days? Have you played during the  Scourgedays? Anyone remembers Elegod?

here look at this! When a single player can hold the midnode 1v3 for the whole game in Highelo... THAT is the point where the balancing is kitten...  PvP back then evolved around: Who takes the midnode first, will win the game, cuz Chrono is unkillable and will snooze on midnode the whole game....

The current state of pvp.... IS NOT BAD! even looking 3 months back and comparing it to what we have now is a huge improvement.

Yeah there is some things being pisseasy and performing well.... Yes there is some things completly in the dumpster....    But saying that its at an all time low, is far from reality.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You can believe it or not...., but the current overall balance and Build diversity.... is actually at a respectable point currently.

Love it, your are 100% right. the only thing that gets spammed now is Bladesworn and even that can be countered pretty easy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2022 at 3:20 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

You can believe it or not....

you're right i don't have to believe it ive been consistently playing pvp since 2013 balance was at its best right before HoT dropped since then its been hit or miss mainly because of xpac balancing or lack thereof.

i remember everything you mentioned i also remember most of the issues people talking about being L2p issues for the most part, some people have a hard time distinguishing L2p with something unbalanced/over tuned.

ill just speak on one example to keep it short all too often people complained about litch spike damage acting like mitigation doesn't exist blinds/reflects (literally make them kill themselves rather quick)/ Los/ Dodge/ get distance (teleporting or dashing/leaping away)/ blocks way to many things to list honestly but no i guess litch was just way op right? (edit: i feel i should add litch was fine being "powerful" because its an elite/ultimate skill on a long cooldown with a short up time)

now i understand im probably better than most people so this will sound odd but after actually learning the game and all its classes years ago i honestly never had to much issue with any spec or player for that matter if i did it was literally a build check issue like playing a condi build against someone that had very good condi cleanse AND knew how to heal when poison wasn't on them and knew how to burst so in that sense its kind of hard to get an advantage (that being said ive won countless on paper uphill battles) but now i literally have lost to people i NEVER have lost to in the past and would never lose to if it weren't for some of the new specs these arent bad players mind you and we had some good fights but now im the one having to be extremely cautious because of how oppressive some of the EoD specs have been and there isn't much room for counter play if you aren't playing an EoD spec, the main ones that come to mind are launch harbinger/willbender they were completely stupid, now i guess bladesworn but imo that really depends on the player.

Edited by Shadow Dragon.1469

The most obvious answer to my plight (and the pugs matched with me) is I've just gotten too old to compete... at the ancient age of 30.

Game is far from being too fast for 30yos. Most things that matter happen on a 0.5 sec to 1 sec timescale, usually with a bit of a tell (and with experience you get a feel when X will do Y). Compared to actual action games, not particularly fast. Speaking from personal experience.

And when you include supports things take 10 years to die anyway.