Does anyone actually enjoy their Class?

JayMadIV.8721

22 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I think people should take a page out of my book (and probably a large portion of the population) 

Stick to one profession and make every type of build from it. I mean I have been lampooned many time on Mesmer forum for even suggesting a Support Chronomancer build since its not technically Meta what ever that means. I did it anyway and brought it into Strikes and Fractals even to replace (bad) Healbrands.

For the most part you should not follow the benchmark website I mean the highest DPS build now is Untamed but you the APM of an esports champion to pull of the 40k dps. 

Tbh, I would probably do that if it wasn't for the godawful templates limits/monetization. Really holds me back from experimenting with a single class more. Maybe if I ever get full legendaries, so it's easy-ish to try something new.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Tbh, I would probably do that if it wasn't for the godawful templates limits/monetization. Really holds me back from experimenting with a single class more. Maybe if I ever get full legendaries, so it's easy-ish to try something new.

True, getting legendary armor isn't to bad I think the trinkets are much harder (I have never attempted that part) Weapons are sometimes easy depending on what content you like to play.

Over all if you get a few sets of different ascended then you can make almost any build. 

8 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Save the build template codes in a spreadsheet or some other external location.

Seriously, I can understand charging for the equipment templates since they're basically extra storage, but 300 gems for an alphanumeric code is just silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Save the build template codes in a spreadsheet or some other external location.

Seriously, I can understand charging for the equipment templates since they're basically extra storage, but 300 gems for an alphanumeric code is just silly.

That's a helpful tip, thanks. Unfortunately, the gear is the bigger obstacle for me. I don't know quite how to put it, but... my brain isn't exactly great at keeping track of things and having to keep track of different sets of gear in my bags and swap it all out to change a spec seems like more pain than it's worth.

On 8/28/2022 at 1:04 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I think people should take a page out of my book (and probably a large portion of the population) 

Stick to one profession and make every type of build from it. I mean I have been lampooned many time on Mesmer forum for even suggesting a Support Chronomancer build since its not technically Meta what ever that means. I did it anyway and brought it into Strikes and Fractals even to replace (bad) Healbrands.

For the most part you should not follow the benchmark website I mean the highest DPS build now is Untamed but you the APM of an esports champion to pull of the 40k dps. 

I did this with full Plague Doctor Scourge. It's a beast, it can't be found in any site (metabattle / snowcrows / discretize) but it can play any content in PvE without a slight care of how hard the encounter is. 

Short answer: No.

Long answer: If I find a class/elite spec/weapon combo/build that I do like, I get tired of it really quickly. I just feel there aren't enough options to customize the way your class plays, due to skills being locked behind weapons. Passives from the specs are rather limited, there simply isn't enough customization there, as you will mostly pick the same passives as everyone else depending on the build you're going for (power/condi/supp). That's imo due to a lot of passives being just straight up % power/condi dmg boosts, % crit boosts, etc.. But the core issue is that I have no way to customize my weapon abilities, and that I'm basically using different presets of skills, rather than selecting my own.

There are a lot of weapon kits that I just straight up dislike, but most of them have 1 or 2 skills that I do like using. The thing is, there is no weapon kit for any class where I like using all of the skills. The added problem to that is that there are only 5 weapon skills, so I would get tired of them rather quickly if I don't like them. And the fact that some classes don't have access to as many weapons, combined with the fact that even if they do, they're kinda useless for doing damage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1