How to earn money and make players happy

So, Anet, heres what you should do. Since the "Endgame" in Guildwars2 is collecting Skins, you should add Skins for EVERYTHING and offer them in the Gemshop, BUT at a reasonable price.

Some Skins we badly need:

Mechanists Mech Skin to get rid of the ugly Jadelook. (For example: Transformer Style, Anime Style, Golem Style, Bloodstone Style, Asura Style, Steampunk Style, CatGolemStyle etc.)

Skins for Nekro Minions. (Sold as 5-Packs)

Skins for Engineer Towers. (Sold as 5-Packs)

Skins for Ranger Pets. (Sold in Packs for each Type of Pet. (Bird/Dog/Cat etc.))

Skins for Elementalists summoned Elementals. (Sold in a pack that contains lesser and greater Earth/Air/Water/Fire Elemental Skins)

Make em cost about 1 Euro = ~100 Gems per Skin and people will totally freak out and buy em all and you will become superrich.

Example: A Jade-Infused-Nekro Minion Pack would cost 500 Gems and have 5 Skins.

Important is: Skinned Things must be recognizable, so people always know what it is. A siege Turtle Pet that looks like a dragon wouldnt work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

However ugly the Mech is, I don't think they should be releasing profession-mechanic skins.

What they do need to do, is make good looking skins. The new skiff skin actually looks great. Not a single sparkle or flash of light in the thing too. Someone must have snuck it past the gem store team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blumpf.2518 said:

So, Anet, heres what you should do. Since the "Endgame" in Guildwars2 is collecting Skins, you should add Skins for EVERYTHING and offer them in the Gemshop, BUT at a reasonable price.

Some Skins we badly need:

Mechanists Mech Skin to get rid of the ugly Jadelook. (For example: Transformer Style, Anime Style, Golem Style, Bloodstone Style, Asura Style, Steampunk Style, CatGolemStyle etc.)

Skins for Nekro Minions. (Sold as 5-Packs)

Skins for Engineer Towers. (Sold as 5-Packs)

Skins for Ranger Pets. (Sold in Packs for each Type of Pet. (Bird/Dog/Cat etc.))

Skins for Elementalists summoned Elementals. (Sold in a pack that contains lesser and greater Earth/Air/Water/Fire Elemental Skins)

Make em cost about 1 Euro = ~100 Gems per Skin and people will totally freak out and buy em all and you will become superrich.

Example: A Jade-Infused-Nekro Minion Pack would cost 500 Gems and have 5 Skins.

Important is: Skinned Things must be recognizable, so people always know what it is. A siege Turtle Pet that looks like a dragon wouldnt work.

OMG! I hate to say it but yeah, I love this idea and yeah, I'd have to get me the skins I liked! Different skins for my mech? Yup, I'd get them. Skins for my minions? Of course! OMG! I can see the money flowing out of my wallet and into the Gem Shop already!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I'd love a way to shrink my mech to like 25% size like FFXIV does with the summons there. I'd consider paying for that.

I would love to be able to have my mech be the size of some of my minipets. Especially the twisted clockwork ones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I'd love a way to shrink my mech to like 25% size like FFXIV does with the summons there. I'd consider paying for that.

This should be a default option for players to see all goo-coloured robots on one's screen in a reduced size. Selling such a QoL improvement in the Gemstore would be terrible.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

I don't know about selling skins in the gem store. It would be only for certain classes, and that would make people resent that only players of those classes need to pay to change their minions/summons/pets/etc.

That said...having the option to change those skins would certainly be nice. Maybe a collection or quest-line, with the reward being your choice of reskin. My sylvari engineer would love to have charr-style turrets (long story). My sylvari necromancer, on the other hand, would love to have little plant minions hopping about instead of the horribly disgusting fleshy bone minions.

...and the option to reduce the size of Jade Mechs would be so welcome.

22 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

I don't know about selling skins in the gem store. It would be only for certain classes, and that would make people resent that only players of those classes need to pay to change their minions/summons/pets/etc.

Every class has summons of some kind, so every class would get skins for them. Rev and thief get the short end of the stick, and minion builds are not common in high-lvl instanced pve and kinda meme-ish in competitive modes.