Pet DPS (golem numbers) - outdated

Zyreva.1078

9 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

That isn't true since you can use pet utilities and CC regardless of traitline. Beastmastery mainly helps you with the DPS output.

Power untamed doesn't use beastmastery or nature magic and is able to get a 39K bench with a hammer from what I've seen. The pet is a very small part of this.

Mech is a far worse designed spec than untamed is. If you want to see how useless it is go underwater. You'll be swapping to scrapper, holo, or even core engi in no time.

and you dont seem to know how to read, i said for pets to be usefull, and we are in a dps post, you saying pets have very little to do with untamed dmg just says im right, also untamed gets 39k because fervent force, wich means it is using one broken trait to sustain itself and do dmg by spamming skills with it, a trait wich anet already said will be nerfed or reworked when possible.

Now back to the post topic, how much dmg output does the mec have? 17k or so? yes you use one trait line just for the mec, but if you want pets to do even remotely close you need 2 trait lines because the traits are split, and remember, mec copies boons with a signet passive, not a healing active effect like we heal as one, or a healing line trait like nature magic, wich means its more versatile and less punishing.

as for mec trait line? one of the best trait lines made, one option is power, one suport one condi, and you allwais have cc in every option if im not mistaken, also the mec gives passive effects and doesnt only rely on actives, while the pets are vastly inferior in every aspect, so what are you criing over about mecanist? if its the recent nerf of having mec and engi far apart it is perfectly normal, no other class could go far to do a mecanic and maintain the dmg, suport output a mecanist could so please, at least complain about something that makes sense

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Mech's DPS might as well be nine times the ranger pet's DPS, and it still wouldn't matter, because Mechanist is not beating Ranger DPS benchmarks, lol.

"OMG why does Rapid Fire do double the damage of Blunderbuss at double the range!?"
indeed lol

have you seen untamed benchmark videos? also have you lloked at benchmarks that disnt use fervent force? because anet already said that trait was too much and they were going to nerf or change it, while mecs just leave mec in auto with all skills on auto and they do great dmg.

If you want to complaint about ranger lb range ok, fair, but if youre talking about benchmarks you should understand what those benchmarks mean.

Also it IS true that mec is much much better than pets in every way, and sory to say but ramger was the first pet class and its pets also deserve some love

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

have you seen untamed benchmark videos? also have you lloked at benchmarks that disnt use fervent force? because anet already said that trait was too much and they were going to nerf or change it, while mecs just leave mec in auto with all skills on auto and they do great dmg.

If you want to complaint about ranger lb range ok, fair, but if youre talking about benchmarks you should understand what those benchmarks mean.

Also it IS true that mec is much much better than pets in every way, and sory to say but ramger was the first pet class and its pets also deserve some love

Condi mechanist is 37k, diabolical rotation.
Power mechanist is 33k, meh rotation. 

I wasn't "complaining" about lb2, I was point out how useless of a comparison it was.

14 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

and you dont seem to know how to read, i said for pets to be usefull, and we are in a dps post, you saying pets have very little to do with untamed dmg just says im right, also untamed gets 39k because fervent force, wich means it is using one broken trait to sustain itself and do dmg by spamming skills with it, a trait wich anet already said will be nerfed or reworked when possible.

Now back to the post topic, how much dmg output does the mec have? 17k or so? yes you use one trait line just for the mec, but if you want pets to do even remotely close you need 2 trait lines because the traits are split, and remember, mec copies boons with a signet passive, not a healing active effect like we heal as one, or a healing line trait like nature magic, wich means its more versatile and less punishing.

as for mec trait line? one of the best trait lines made, one option is power, one suport one condi, and you allwais have cc in every option if im not mistaken, also the mec gives passive effects and doesnt only rely on actives, while the pets are vastly inferior in every aspect, so what are you criing over about mecanist? if its the recent nerf of having mec and engi far apart it is perfectly normal, no other class could go far to do a mecanic and maintain the dmg, suport output a mecanist could so please, at least complain about something that makes sense

Mech robot isn't 17K DPS. It never was, it was 10K or so with all the mech command skills included. You can attain roughly 7K or so with Lynx near EOD launch on condi untamed

Power untamed is benching 40K right now by the way, no beastmastery or nature magic required. The pet only factors in 6K total.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Mech robot isn't 17K DPS. It never was, it was 10K or so with all the mech command skills included. You can attain roughly 7K or so with Lynx near EOD launch on condi untamed

Power untamed is benching 40K right now by the way, no beastmastery or nature magic required. The pet only factors in 6K total.

Small side note: It's hilarious that Anet was cutting sustain traits in PvE (for whatever reason) like untamed's restorative strikes to just heal for 5% of the power damage dealt (down from 10% before).

Yet fervent force here exists and literally has this rotation spam the healing skill on 6 seconds cooldown, lmao.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, Levetty.1279 said:

Good job, there isn't a single part of this post that is correct.

Was pretty weird to trying to get sympathy for engineer in the first place when all 3 of its elite specs are strong and one of them is Mechanist but whatever.

Lol sure bud. Everyone and their mother's uncle for sure aren't playing mechanist just to play mechanist while trying their best to ignore the mess of a core class lying underneath. I don't even get what your point is? Can you show everyone where the big bad jade mech hurt you? Cause DPS mech is pretty much dead and support mech has to afk next to their pet now. I'm just not sure why you are so visibly upset about as class that had its damage nuked from orbit months ago and then just got nuked 8 more times for good measure on Nov 29th.

God forbid mechanist exists so people can have a viable pet class when firebrand has been the unkillable demon king of GW2 for 5 years because of it's versatility and got a rework (a week ago btw) so that it could still be good instead of also being nuked from orbit. But yea let's cry about mechanist, the class that's been out for 9 months, being versatile lol. Mechs peak pickrates can't even compare in the slightest to firebrand.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Small side note: It's hilarious that Anet was cutting sustain traits in PvE (for whatever reason) like untamed's restorative strikes to just heal for 5% of the power damage dealt (down from 10% before).

Yet fervent force here exists and literally has this rotation spam the healing skill on 6 seconds cooldown, lmao.

You do realize the rotation is insane to maintain outside the golem. So much so that I never seen or been able to get close to that 43k. At most I have gotten half at about 20k, i get more dps on my Soulbeast at about 30k average. 

Even if it is impossible they now want to remove Fervent Force and maybe replace it with something that makes it identical to Soulbeast which will be sad for any unique PvE builds. 

14 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You do realize the rotation is insane to maintain outside the golem. So much so that I never seen or been able to get close to that 43k. At most I have gotten half at about 20k, i get more dps on my Soulbeast at about 30k average. 

Even if it is impossible they now want to remove Fervent Force and maybe replace it with something that makes it identical to Soulbeast which will be sad for any unique PvE builds. 

You are 100% missing the point.

I stated that comparing a pet DPS to mech DPS is not a worthwhile endeavor since at one point mech was around 25% of the DPS of the power mech build (10K is about a quarter of 38k). Untamed with all pet skills used was putting out something akin to 7K DPS, 6K on current patch for power variants. If the pet did nothing on untamed then you still have a respectable 30K+ DPS but that isn't the case for a mechanist because there are no modifiers or damage coming from the traitline whatsoever other than when running J-Drive. I think the power untamed variant should be easier now as during EOD beta when I benched the hammer autoattack of Ferocious Symbiosis with pet attack it was already something in the order of 18k-19k. **

If your pet dies on untamed you are still looking at traits such as Debilitating Blows, Nature's Shield, Enhancing impact, Cleansing Unleash, Fervent Force, Restorative Strikes, etc. 

There are two to three outliers which are Ferocious Symbiosis, Corrupting Vines (modifies a pet unleash), and Blinding Outburst (modifies a pet unleash but also the ambushes). Essentially all the bottom row of untamed is contingent on the pet (3-3-3).

P.S. I still don't agree with Arenanet's fix for mechanist as the autocasts appear to still bring ranged mech to 26K or so autoattacking where around 10K or so is from the mech and its mech commands. See this video recorded this week by someone memeing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEo3neti5p0
Here's an example of a non-golem log

** Edit: specifically, my findings were as follows during EOD beta for just spamming 1 noting this is before banner and spirit reworks plus not using food
Skirmishing+marksmanship (3-2-1), Untamed 1-1-3

Spoiler

15.8K for two different runs with hammer (pet on avoid)

18.8K with hammer + Iboga (no boons on pet)

18.5K  with hammer + EOD white tiger  (no boons on pet)

18.1K with hammer + EOD siege turtle (no boons on pet)

18.1K with hammer + EOD wallow (no boons on pet)

18K with hammer  + EOD Phoenix (no boons on pet)

17.9K with hammer + smokescale (no boons on pet)

17.9K with hammer + rock gazelle (no boons on pet)

17.9K with hammer + river drake because people use this in PVP (no boons on pet)

17.7K with hammer + brown bear for memes (no boons on pet)

15.8K greatsword (pet on avoid)

18.8K Greatsword + Iboga (no boons on pet)

In addition, even if Fervent Force is removed the fact that the newest meta power untamed uses a hammer and has a pet (with boon rip) sets it apart from soulbeast.

Edited by Infusion.7149

On 12/6/2022 at 6:19 AM, Hallow.7368 said:

Lol sure bud. Everyone and their mother's uncle for sure aren't playing mechanist just to play mechanist while trying their best to ignore the mess of a core class lying underneath. I don't even get what your point is? Can you show everyone where the big bad jade mech hurt you? Cause DPS mech is pretty much dead and support mech has to afk next to their pet now. I'm just not sure why you are so visibly upset about as class that had its damage nuked from orbit months ago and then just got nuked 8 more times for good measure on Nov 29th.

God forbid mechanist exists so people can have a viable pet class when firebrand has been the unkillable demon king of GW2 for 5 years because of it's versatility and got a rework (a week ago btw) so that it could still be good instead of also being nuked from orbit. But yea let's cry about mechanist, the class that's been out for 9 months, being versatile lol. Mechs peak pickrates can't even compare in the slightest to firebrand.

Yeah a good way to out yourself for not having a point is to just start insulting people. Go cry in the engineer forums about how underpowered Mechanist is. You sure a hell aren't going to get sympathy from the class forum of the actual bad pet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Did some pet dps testing against a small, weak and stationary golem with 25 stacks of vuln. Build used was Skirm/BM/Untamed (zerk gear/pack rune). Signet of the Wild slotted. All boons on the player. WHaO cast on cd. Pet skills on autocast only. Skills that lead to a dps loss where not used.

This does not result in maximum dmp numbers for the pet, due to lacking boon uptime (and sometimes pets delay skills for no apparent reason), but it is somewhat similar to what a dps untamed would run and it allowed me to get consistent and compareable outcomes. Note that these numbers don't neccessary translate well into real combat, regardless of build,  because there are a lot of factors that can increase or decrease a pet's dmg output. I did not test every single individual pet, if it was obvious that other members of the same family have the same or lower dps.

Pet                                        DPS old        DPS new         Notes

Lynx 2550 2950    
Jacaranda 2600 2900    
Tiger 2500 2800    
Jaguar 2400 2700    
Iboga (13 condi) 3050 2500    
White Tiger 1900 2200   Phase Pounce is a minor dps loss if used from range, otherwise it has no noticeable impact
Hawk/Eagle 2100 2150    
Bristleback (ranged) 1950 2100   Rain of Spikes is a minor DPS loss at range
Wyvern 1800 2050   Wing Buffet and Lightning Assault are a minor DPS los, Consuming Flame has no noticeable impact,
Rock Gazelle 1900 1950   Charge is a (not so minor) dps loss
River Drake 1250 1500   does not use Chomp automatically, manual activation adds ~ 20% dps
Iboga (10 condi) 2700      
Bristleback (inside Hitbox) 2500     Rain of Spikes is a significant dps increase when cast inside the hitbox
Iboga (5 condi) 2150      
Raven 1900      
Phoenix (inside Hitbox) 1900     When cast inside the hit box, Gale Breath increases dps
Wallow 1850     Bloodthirsty Charge is a minor DPS loss
Carrion Devourer 1750      
Phoenix 1600     Dash and Gale Breath result in a (single target) dps loss
Siege Turtle 1400      
Forest Spider 1300     Entangling Web does not impact dps
Smokescale 1250      
Moa 1200      
Porcine 1150     Brutal Charge is a very minor dps loss
Canine 1150     Brutal Charge has no noticeable impact
Arctodus 800     does not use Bite automatically, manual activation results in a very minor dps increase (~50 dps)

I also did a few tests with a cele NM/BM/Untamed setup, to track the impact of perma boons on the pet.

Jacaranda 4000 4350
Lynx 3300 4200
Tiger 3250 3900
Iboga (13 condi) 4700 3550
Iboga (5 condi) 3400  

As expected, Iboga ends up on top, however it shows the pet is very reliant on having not only condis on the target, but also boons on the pet (quickness in particular). If the right conditions aren't met, it can fall behind felines and jacaranda - the latter probably being the biggest surprise. Jacaranda seems to be a solid choice even now, and it shines especially for open world/solo PvE, not only thanks to decent dps with and without boons, but also good aoe burst, some vuln, immob and tankyness. Likely the main contender for the next meta pet, but some felines might be up there too, depending on the quickness changes. Other pets are not (and won't be) relevant when it comes to dps. Some can still have some situational use (eg smokescale for stealth, gazelle/wyvern for break bar dmg, ...).

Finally, please stop recommending bears to new players. They are bad. No, being tanky does not make them good. There is no need for a pet to be this tanky in 99,99% of this game's content. And the weaker the player (and the mobs), the bigger the impact of the pet's (lack of) dmg. Means, bears are even worse for new players than they are for endgame. Because a few hundred dps don't matter much if the players deals 30+k against a target with millions of health, but when it comes to killing trash mobs as weak player, pets can significantly speed up (or slow down) the process. Felines are great core pets and aviable to all races right from the start. Drakes are also worth mentioning as easy to access beginner pets, despite their rather low dps numbers in my test, because they have good aoe burst, which is more relevant for leveling than sustained dps in a prolonged fight (where they fall off due to low autoattack dmg). And they are more than tanky enough for those who struggle to keep felines alive.

I plan on repeating some testing after the patch (no i won't test all pets again, just a few relevant ones) and will post the results here again.

Edit: Added some post August 23 update results, also sorted the list by dps.

Can you please update this number.

• Confused 1

On 1/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, August.5934 said:

Can you please update this number.

Right now i don't plan on doing so.

SC suggests carrion devourer for Untamed, so i guess that's the new top dps pet (for dps druid it's still jacaranda).

If you want to know, how certain pets fare in comparison, you can test that fairly easily yourself.

• Zyreva.1078 changed the title to Pet DPS (golem numbers) - outdated