Warrior Hammer Damage When ?

prototypedragon.1406

Just saying is Hammer Damage that scary in wvw that our entire skills for them including the burst skill needed to be nerfed still? Are people scared of our true power? That they can only contain us by making our cc skills hit for 5 damage? It's like anet only sees warrior as a whackmole class when it comes to blunt weapons. Sure greatsword and axes work but where's the force where's the power behind our powerful swings that are at a snails pace? It's not hard to dodge a hammer so why do we still have no damage I ask. The longer the cast the harder the hit. If we can't eat through the stability give us something in return. Even slap on the engineer rifle on it for good measure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Sorry I'm just spouting the usual annoyance lol honestly If they find a way to make Hammers worse like they did with banners I may put tickets in for a refund on my legendary hammer I made years ago same with the mace lol not like they would give any compensation for it though. Since I was the fool to make the weapons in the first place for what I enjoyed playing. By banners worse I meant when they made us pick them up again with no skills bar skills. Although I still doubt the use of the current ones they reskinned with boons lol

Edited by prototypedragon.1406

“Are people scared of our true power?”

Ah, young warrior, they always have been. Where we step, the earth trembles. When we walk through the city, the masses turn and stare with a hatred borne from envy and fear. When we wake in the morning, as the sun begins to crest over the mountains that feel small in our presence, Grenth himself trembles at the possibility that today is the day we set our sights upon him. You see, they do not want what we have. No. They simply want us to have not. They do not want to be us, they simply want us to be naught. This is not a hallmark of the jealousy of the incompetent, it is borne from the envy of those who know they are lesser because of their own failures, and the deep rooted fear that they too could have been a warrior if not for their own errors of judgement and choice. So yes, they fear us, they wish to take from us. And take they have. Over and over, never was it enough. Yet here we stand, looking down upon the lesser who do nothing but take, as we stand there, with blunted weapons and shackled feet, yet still above, still looking down upon those who tried to chain us down and force us to lower beneath their level. Yet I tell you, it has been written in the Book of Conquest and Captors “fear the one you have chained, and the heavier the chain the greater the terror should be, for under the weight of the chain they grow stronger. There is no chain that shall persist forever, so be careful in thine decision to chain down another, for the time will come that the chain you cast shall be repaid many times over”. Blessed be the Scripture of the Warrior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Just saying is Hammer Damage that scary in wvw that our entire skills for them including the burst skill needed to be nerfed still? Are people scared of our true power? That they can only contain us by making our cc skills hit for 5 damage? It's like anet only sees warrior as a whackmole class when it comes to blunt weapons. Sure greatsword and axes work but where's the force where's the power behind our powerful swings that are at a snails pace? It's not hard to dodge a hammer so why do we still have no damage I ask. The longer the cast the harder the hit. If we can't eat through the stability give us something in return. Even slap on the engineer rifle on it for good measure.

Hammer has been out of date for a while. They neutered it and had to crank up the numbers on its skills after seeing no one using the weapon.

It's actually how you can tell they don't play warrior by how unfun the class has become. No other class has been affected by CC nerfs as much as warrior. The constant number tweaking to make up for nerfs has only ever been dull and uninspiring.

Why would they let one of the most popular classes in all of fantasy games drop so low in quality? No idea. Pure negligence is my best guess.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Hammer has been out of date for a while. They neutered it and had to crank up the numbers on its skills after seeing no one using the weapon.

It's actually how you can tell they don't play warrior by how unfun the class has become. No other class has been affected by CC nerfs as much as warrior. The constant number tweaking to make up for nerfs has only ever been dull and uninspiring.

Why would they let one of the most popular classes in all of fantasy games drop so low in quality? No idea. Pure negligence is my best guess.

I think this is why we've gotten the changes to LB in PvE that we got. Some dev actually picked it up and pulled the bow string back rather than looking at tooltips.

• Thanks 1

Hammer damage in WvW already is scary - scarily low.

Arenanet needs to revert that whole CC does laughable damage issue from February 2020.

If CC and damage together is too unwelcome for Arenanet, they should just slap a Defiance bar on players, instead of neutering the damage.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Hammer damage in WvW already is scary - scarily low.

Arenanet needs to revert that whole CC does laughable damage issue from February 2020.

If CC and damage together is too unwelcome for Arenanet, they should just slap a Defiance bar on players, instead of neutering the damage.

For how much stability and numerous stunbreaks there are in the game no body should be complaining about getting stunlocked to death anyway.

If the dev's really knew anything about LB, they'd understand that the auto-attack's Dual Shot nature is one of its biggest strengths, that frankly, the whole weapon should be built around, and that traits and skills should leverage.

1 shot misses because of Blind?

No worries, the second shot will hit.

1 shot blocked by Aegis?

No worries, the second shot will hit.

If they extended this so that every other single-shot skill fired two arrows while retaining the cooldowns and same damage per arrow, we'd have an incredibly versatile weapon.

That's all they'd need to do to fix it.

But the current team seem averse to functionality changes for Warrior weapons, only ever tinkering with numbers.

The recent rifle functionality changes barely made a difference to the weapon's effectiveness.

However, this topic is about hammer, and I'm in danger of derailing it.

Hammer needs all of its damage restored to CC skills for PvP.

It needs damage increasing across the board; in fact, while all of its skills remain highly telegraphed, it should do more damage than any other weapon in the game per strike to compensate. This seems completely logical to me, but somehow the balance team have neglected to take this into account.

Again, I suspect it's because they just see numbers and not how the weapon actually functions.

And Earthshaker needs to count as an evade while in use.

But I also think that for the good of the game as a whole, the 5-target limit needs to be removed from all AoE skills, so I'm probably crazy.

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For how much stability and numerous stunbreaks there are in the game no body should be complaining about getting stunlocked to death anyway.

Seeing how my Ranger sometimes gets knocked down almost instantly again after using Dolyak Stance (Stunbreak with 6 stacks of Stability) in sPvP, there objectively is too much CC in the game that needs to be reigned in hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Seeing how my Ranger sometimes gets knocked down almost instantly again after using Dolyak Stance (Stunbreak with 6 stacks of Stability) in sPvP, there objectively is too much CC in the game that needs to be reigned in hard.

Those 6 stacks got ripped by a boon ripping skill not 6 CC's flying willy nilly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Warrior Hammer could be fun in pve and possibly wvw but anet has kittenized it because they don't know a hammer from a spoon for warriors 😂 or at least they do a little tiny piece of it in pve but in competitive modes nah. They did at one time though still makes one wonder though how things have come to this. Fingers crossed for good things in October but overall just expecting  10 damage CC's to go to 15's and pats on the back for a job well done. 2 years still waiting on results.

11 hours ago, Diktator.8927 said:

I just wanted to level up a Warrior. Decided to check out all the weapons first, and I actually do like the way Hammer abilities look and work...except my F1, my 4 and 5 deal NO DAMAGE. 

Noped out of it really quickly.

Were you checking it out in a competitive mode? They do do damage in PvE, it's just that the damage is at a 'not a loss over autoattack' level rather than being DPS skills on their own (but they do set up other skills...)

Broadly speaking, though, I agree. In terms of how the skills work together, it's possibly my favourite warrior weapon, but it leaves a lot to be desired in effectiveness.

36 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

They do do damage in PvE, it's just that the damage is at a 'not a loss over autoattack' level rather than being DPS skills on their own (but they do set up other skills...)

They do doo-doo damage*

But yes, I was checking it out in the PvP lobby. I've just tested it during leveling, and I have to say it's not bad, but I'm not sure how well it does in "endgame" PvE.

31 minutes ago, Diktator.8927 said:

They do doo-doo damage*

But yes, I was checking it out in the PvP lobby. I've just tested it during leveling, and I have to say it's not bad, but I'm not sure how well it does in "endgame" PvE.

Simple answer: It doesn't. Even when you want a lot of breakbar, dual mace is preferred (or axe/mace if you don't need quite so much breakbar).

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Simple answer: It doesn't. Even when you want a lot of breakbar, dual mace is preferred (or axe/mace if you don't need quite so much breakbar).

I do fairly well with it in fractals, but almost any other build is better for group content these days thanks to the focus on boon spam. Banner Berserker is a lot more boring to play, being far less reactive, but it's better for the team.

On paper, given how much breakbar damage hammer skills do, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to take for CC. But in reality, the wind-up/down on the skills restricts their viability for quick deployment of CC.

18 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I do fairly well with it in fractals, but almost any other build is better for group content these days thanks to the focus on boon spam. Banner Berserker is a lot more boring to play, being far less reactive, but it's better for the team.

On paper, given how much breakbar damage hammer skills do, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to take for CC. But in reality, the wind-up/down on the skills restricts their viability for quick deployment of CC.

Mace/Mace has more breakbar than Hammer, but hammer has higher damage.

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mace/Mace has more breakbar than Hammer, but hammer has higher damage.

You sure about that Lan?

Going by the core breakbar figures on the wiki, Hammer has a potential total of 1,300 while Mace has a potential total of 1,000.

And even if we take the minimums, Hammer is 550 while Mace is 500.

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

You sure about that Lan?

Going by the core breakbar figures on the wiki, Hammer has a potential total of 1,300 while Mace has a potential total of 1,000.

And even if we take the minimums, Hammer is 550 while Mace is 500.

Mace CC abilities have lower raw Defiance Break, but they also have lower cast times, which potentially gives Maces an edge over Hammer.

Edited by Fueki.4753