Warrior Hammer Damage When ?

prototypedragon.1406

5 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

True, but in a PvE scenario, you're mostly using CC in a burst, so cooldowns aren't as important.

Whichever way we look at it though, the differences aren't massive.

Speed matters with breaking a bar, it can be the difference between a nasty AoE/party wipe and a smooth run.

Also your potentials are off in your other post. The tool tips on Earthshaker, Skullcrack, and Backbreaker sum up each of the tiers and list them as one. Also, Tremor hits twice and both hits apply knockdown but this is unlisted in the tooltip totals.

Hammer brings in more defiance damage from soft CCs, but that is applied over too long of an interval for it to be useful in breaking a bar, as well as those conditions most likely already being on the target from teammates.

Would be interesting if hammer auto was sped up 50percent and would apply daze on every auto hit along with applying confusion and weakness on all hammer skills and mace skills along with the burst skills while making all of the Hammer  and mace cc at the very least do 1000 damage which isn't 2 much to ask for. In terms of Warrior compared to past interations and to get it partially caught up with every other class.in terms of World versus World. I get why some may be like cc shouldn't do damage but if someone gets smacked with a large Hammer that thing is not a feather duster. No feathers in that Hammer Head in terms of crafting wise unless anet thinks that's how hammers should be made. At the same time if one can't break through the stability of a enemy with 5 stacks of stability why is there no offset use for the cc skills for hammer and maces when  all cc skills don't do jackelope  even against stability?🤔

• Haha 1

I dunno, if the hammer heads were packed with feathers it would explain how people appear to be able to get away with swinging around metal mallets larger than their heads...

More seriously: Daze on autos isn't happening. I'm sceptical on confusion, as that's generally more of a magic condition, but it's possible that could change. If, however, hammer was to become more of a condi weapon, then I'd expect the skills that involve smashing the ground (auto 3, skill 3 IIRC) to be bleeding instead.

25 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I dunno, if the hammer heads were packed with feathers it would explain how people appear to be able to get away with swinging around metal mallets larger than their heads...

More seriously: Daze on autos isn't happening. I'm sceptical on confusion, as that's generally more of a magic condition, but it's possible that could change. If, however, hammer was to become more of a condi weapon, then I'd expect the skills that involve smashing the ground (auto 3, skill 3 IIRC) to be bleeding instead.

I am tryign to use:

spellbreaker  + hammer / mace|shield

supe. rune of mesmer, increase dazes duration and strike damage + sundering  mace trait (defense).

banner of strenght  is also a aoe daze.

30 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Confusion on interrupt was on our hammer trait until 2018, so it is not at all out of consideration, it was just poorly executed due to the weapon's slow attack speed.

I think now that, along with some precast/aftercast delays got removed that it may work better. Especially if Unsuspecting Foe in Arms were changed to apply confusion on CC'd foes when striking them while CC'd.

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Confusion on interrupt was on our hammer trait until 2018, so it is not at all out of consideration, it was just poorly executed due to the weapon's slow attack speed.

I think now that, along with some precast/aftercast delays got removed that it may work better. Especially if Unsuspecting Foe in Arms were changed to apply confusion on CC'd foes when striking them while CC'd.

Anet could make spellbreaker be the spec that makes warrior do damage with CC skills

A way to fix that is adress  spelbreaker 62 damage per boon removed is idiotic, ratther have Loss avertion  that way,  coulçd be the trait to boost  skills CC skill to have some  damage but cant crit but if removes a boon will get a smoll damage boost, have CC F1 skills and traits that boost 9 damage is also idiotic.

Warrior need FIX.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 minute ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Anet could make spellbreaker be the spec that makes warrior do damage with CC skills

A way to fix that is adress  spelbreaker 62 damage per boon removed is idiotic, ratther have Loss avertion makin skills CC have damage but cant crit but if removes a boon will get a smoll damage boost.

Body Blow and Loss Aversion can both be buffed to deal strike damage on a CC. As a general thing I think each CORE profession should have that capability. There is also nothing wrong with an espec further augmenting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We shouldn't recommend buffs to our Hammer skills because the devs shall mostly slap it on the bluefiredancer instead even though it would benefit Warrior. Given those discord discussions we know that's how it works. I doubt that anet would change their views they may just spoon-feed us stuff just to appease the public and continue the same old shady favorite balance instead of trying for close to true balance. And with the recruit of anet dev that plays deadeye perhaps all of us Warriors should swap to sentinel thief's and rain hell upon the guardians and the mechs. Because that is probably where the next favorite updates is going no offense to the new guy best of luck but people still aren't happy about this stuff. Just Make sure to not light a fire under those that support ya and avoid shady discords no matter how much gold they send to your in-game mail. Good things their are limits to that right?🤔😉👌

• Thanks 1

I remember that one of the things that contributed to me leaving the game originally was the first heavy-handed nerf to Earthshaker when Hambow first established its rightful place at the top of the pile.

It was a fantastically fun build, taking advantage of blast finsher synergy between the two weapons, and felt really rewarding to play...

Until late 2013, when ANet blanket nerfed Earthshaker damage by 20% in both PvE and PvP (of course, now they've reduced damage by 100% in PvP which is an even bigger slap in the face).

If they reverted these changes to Earthshaker, I would be a very happy Warrior 🙂

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kraav.8136 said:

Hammer 1 chain needs its base damage buffed the entire chain. Also I am sad that Merciless Hammer skill reduction is gone. Hammer feels bad playing with out the reduction, please adjust the skill CDs to compensate this trait functionality loss.

They will be adjusting some of the CDs as well in the patch.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, Mungrul.9358 said:

Also, am I going mad, or did there use to be a mechanic (sigil, trait, etc.) that increased KD duration?

All I can find in the modern game is Sundering Mace, but I'm sure there use to be a way to boost the KD of hammer, especially Backbreaker, to 6 seconds.

yes there was in fact a sigil that increased stun duration, and if i remember correctly one of our traits also gave this, but mathematically if you can't get it up to 100% the bonus was trivial, because of how short base stun durations were. but for the most part it was a very heavy investment to get an extra .3s of stun compared to other options. 🤔

• Confused 1

I'm going to throw this out there. Hammer is going to 1-2 combo things after Oct. 4th.

Berserker's Power being on use means that the bursts themselves will benefit from the increased damage on their initial hits. You will also be able to take MH with BP then since they moved MH. Strength: BOT/BOT/TOP and Defense: BOT/BOT/BOT you'll hit for over 4-5k on Earthshaker depending on your critical damage and other gear choices.  Followed up with Fierce Blow and you'll be putting people into downstate.

57 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm going to throw this out there. Hammer is going to 1-2 combo things after Oct. 4th.

Berserker's Power being on use means that the bursts themselves will benefit from the increased damage on their initial hits. You will also be able to take MH with BP then since they moved MH. Strength: BOT/BOT/TOP and Defense: BOT/BOT/BOT you'll hit for over 4-5k on Earthshaker depending on your critical damage and other gear choices.  Followed up with Fierce Blow and you'll be putting people into downstate.

Now we just need a no animation 1200 range port to target 😊😊😊

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well this sounds attractive.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Pouring one out for the old Perplexity Rune + Distracting Strikes warrior build. May it RIP.  

• Thanks 1