Botting- Are you guys even trying anymore ?

Honest question, are you even trying to stop bots from ruining the market ? I played for like 3 hours a week ago and reported more than 20 accounts none of them got banned ! not a single account !

How hard is it to spot a bot ? its so easy to see them running around in the same path doing the same skills over and over. Why can't you have a team dedicated to banned bots ? just force teleport them to a specific area and see how they react .. hell look at this PICTUREI ! do you even need proof ? you can see them ALL OVER the map getting stuck on a stick and a stone and all bunched up together .. 

Botting is the easiest way of hacking that you can stop .. there hundreds of ways and if you don't do something about it now it will only get worse .. I used to see one or two a day. now I  see 30+ ...

I love this game and I've played it since GW1 but honestly this is a new level of laziness ..

Edited by Khalid Zeyad.5620
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

ah yes the groot infestasion is real. However. You cannot know if they are using ingame methods to farm and are idle at the screen doing other stuff or if they do bot or are afk. All you can do is report and move on. Anet do check them and ban them in waves if they do not respond. The picture is not a proof they are botting. They may be afk or they may not. We as players will never know. 

Some ppl like this kind of gameplay. idle farming is not against tos as long as you pay attention to the game. It's no different then flippers spending all days at the tp relisting and just stand there doing nothing. And making ton of gold doing so. They affect the economy more then these idle farmers do. However you never hear about these ones as they are invisable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The picture maybe doesn't show it, but in-game you can see it clear as day.  12 rangers running into a wall and keep on using traps, using the same pet,. they all look the same and act the same to the split second !

No one plays like a bot .. you see them stuck on rocks in Sandswept and ASK in the desert .. what team of 5 necros all with the same build and no skins full minions out AFK together without even being in the same guild ?

I'm just saying, its not difficult to stop them , you can easily detect IPs that create hundreds of accounts and block them and block them permanently, OR just track those bot accounts to the main account they send the gold to and ban that account if they can't explain it.

Or even just have a few GM's run around tagging bots to be monitored.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Khalid Zeyad.5620 said:

Honest question, are you even trying to stop bots from ruining the market ? I played for like 3 hours a week ago and reported more than 20 accounts none of them got banned ! not a single account !

How hard is it to spot a bot ? its so easy to see them running around in the same path doing the same skills over and over. Why can't you have a team dedicated to banned bots ? just force teleport them to a specific area and see how they react .. hell look at this PICTUREI ! do you even need proof ? you can see them ALL OVER the map getting stuck on a stick and a stone and all bunched up together .. 

Botting is the easiest way of hacking that you can stop .. there hundreds of ways and if you don't do something about it now it will only get worse .. I used to see one or two a day. now I  see 30+ ...

I love this game and I've played it since GW1 but honestly this is a new level of laziness ..

Thing is, anet gave us an option to auto cast skills, anet gave us auto loot, anet gave us pet mechanic where your pet attacks the enemy that attacked you, anet gave us auto run option, anet allows multi boxing and MOST IMPORTANT ONE, anet allows "Idle farming".

What this means in practise is that anet allows us to farm with multiple accounts at once while watching Netflix or something similar.

Sure botting and actually AFK farming is not allowed but difference between what is allowed and what is not is kinda small.

Edited by sokeenoppa.5384

I've seen alot of it recently I was doing some map completion in the sandswept isles and there's a lot of rangers at the top of some of the asura structures moving in set paths, auto attacking etc just very obvious botting. I also walked into a cave that was just full of people running against the wall maybe 20 people. Not sure if they were botting but I don't think it's a style of gameplay Anet should be rewarding. It can't take that much effort to hire someone to just police the servers in real time. I could log on now and find 30 bots with minimal effort.

• Like 2

yes they are trying, but no, what you are witnissing is not solid proof of botting. As a player we can never know for sure.
To be botting you either need to be using outside tools (which does not seem to be the case here). Support has means of checking this.
For checking if you legally or illegally idle farming, they have a pretty simple test. The rule is you have to be present at the keyboard.  So a GM investigating a report will simply ask the player. If they are responsive they are present at the keyboard and there is no foul play. When they do not respond, they will  recieve proper actions (first offender is them being moved away with a message to not do this againt, later on the banhammer will be used). You can actually help support by pm-ing a player before reporting them. Ask them something like "Hey, are you a bot?" if they are replying, you know there is no need to report (keep in mind that a GM will have a special coloured PM and while a player is obligated to reply to a GM, they are not obligated to reply to you.

Another thing to understand is that there are people botting. Most often this is not for personal gain, but because they are part of a larger organisation envolved in gold selling. They are not the owner of the account and use two methods to gain access:
1: They use hacked accounts
2: they use accounts created with stolen creditcards.

Once an account get banned they will simply hack another one or use another stolen credit card. Often re-using same or simular names. Are you sure they are the same accounts 😉 

GW2 is a game. It may look realistic, but what you experience on your screen is a representation. For both bots and for the studio, it is more then this interface and they look at what happens behind the interface.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harder to report at those "jumping puzzle chest"-bots. Get to some chest, wait 5 minutes and you'll notice some player names below/inside/under the chest poping up and vanish within 2 seconds. Normally you can't even click on their name plate to report them (under the map).

Once I was able to kill one - there is that JP in north east Blazeridge Steppes with a veteran troll beside the chest. That makes AOEs with falling rocks that stun you and makes some damage. Only once I had luck to get this AOE circle upon the chest while an unlucky bot appeared. Got into downstate under the map and reviving isn't in the script or bots. Hehehehe.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Harder to report at those "jumping puzzle chest"-bots. Get to some chest, wait 5 minutes and you'll notice some player names below/inside/under the chest poping up and vanish within 2 seconds. Normally you can't even click on their name plate to report them (under the map).

Once I was able to kill one - there is that JP in north east Blazeridge Steppes with a veteran troll beside the chest. That makes AOEs with falling rocks that stun you and makes some damage. Only once I had luck to get this AOE circle upon the chest while an unlucky bot appeared. Got into downstate under the map and reviving isn't in the script or bots. Hehehehe.

These are not bots. It’s ppl logging in, getting the chest and logging out. It also happens by pagga waypoint in Orr. It appears they are falling underground when they interact with the nodes. When in fact they do not fall. Glitch under map and look for yourself. It’s called utilizing alts you do not use. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liewec.2896 said:

except tiny things like...the economy.

so far it does not. if you look at the loot they gain by farming what they do, you'll see the prices are stable. and when spikes happen it's due to anet changing something like when they released drizzlewood farming. And if they do get to the point they affect the economy, Anet will end that. Just look at idle bauble farming. Didnt they stop that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2